Windows 10: Why are my programs taking so long to open? Win 10 version 10.0.19041

Discus and support Why are my programs taking so long to open? Win 10 version 10.0.19041 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After updating to the recent May 2020 Windows 10 feature update, both of my web browsers FireFox and Google Chrome are taking maybe 20 seconds to open.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SirWinsalot, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Why are my programs taking so long to open? Win 10 version 10.0.19041

After updating to the recent May 2020 Windows 10 feature update, both of my web browsers FireFox and Google Chrome are taking maybe 20 seconds to open. Both browsers used to startup instantly when clicked on. Also, I use Steam for video games on my computer and that application seems to be frequently crashing when launched as well. Any suggestions?

So far I used a cleaning application, CCleaner, to safely clean up my registry and remove any extra files around on my drive. I reinstalled Chrome completely but nothing has changed. Ran a scan in command prompt for any file integrity issues, found none. Rebooted several times too.

:)

SirWinsalot, Jun 5, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 5, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    License Agreement Confusion Causes Misinformation over Windows 10 Overreach

Make it sound like your on a 10 step program, so no cookies here.

AsRock, Jun 5, 2020
  4. NGeo Win User

Why are my programs taking so long to open? Win 10 version 10.0.19041

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

NGeo, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Why are my programs taking so long to open? Win 10 version 10.0.19041

1. Why are my programs taking so long to open? Win 10 version 10.0.19041 - Similar Threads - Why are programs

2. Why is this taking so long

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is this taking so long: Why is this taking so long the update has been doing this for 2 days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-this-taking-so-long/7fdd86a9-55ec-4c44-8262-d07abb8bcbfe
  3. Why is this taking so long

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is this taking so long: Why is this taking so long the update has been doing this for 2 days https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-this-taking-so-long/7fdd86a9-55ec-4c44-8262-d07abb8bcbfe
  4. Why is this taking so long

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Why does resetting Windows 10 take so long?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does resetting Windows 10 take so long?: When i use the Reset option from the Recovery menu in Settings, why does it take hours for Windows to reset, but when I use a bootable USB flash drive to install windows 10, I can format all partitions for just a few seconds?My question is why does "Resetting This PC" take so...
  6. Why windows 10 iso takes so long to download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why windows 10 iso takes so long to download: It takes around 30 min, in other words 1800 s.Why not 5 minutes , i calculated and 5000mb / 1800s =2.7 mb/sWindows iso is arround 5000 mbWhat"s wrong with 2.7 mb/s speed , they say it's because of other apps in my pc and slow connection but i have decent speed .?...
  7. Why windows 10 iso takes so long to download

Why windows 10 iso takes so long to download: It takes around 30 min, in other words 1800 s.Why not 5 minutes , i calculated and 5000mb / 1800s =2.7 mb/sWindows iso is arround 5000 mbWhat"s wrong with 2.7 mb/s speed , they say it's because of other apps in my pc and slow connection but i have decent speed .?...
  8. Why does Microsoft Word take so long to open?

Why does Microsoft Word take so long to open?: Hi, When i click on Microsoft Word, the "egg timer" thing runs for ages, before it opens. Why is this? Is it partly because i dont have a SSD? Or is it because i have malware in the laptop...slowing it up?
  9. Why does Microsoft Word take so long to open?

Why does Microsoft Word take so long to open?: Hi, When i click on Microsoft Word, the "egg timer" thing runs for ages, before it opens. Why is this? Is it partly because i dont have a SSD? Or is it because i have malware in the laptop...slowing it up?
  10. Apps are taking so long to open

Apps are taking so long to open: Hello, My apps are taking so long to open after i start it up.I first open my browsers but it didn't work, always loading, i tried again and again but not work.At last, One of the browsers Which is the Microsoft Edge worked but crashed later on when i try to access a site. So...