Windows 10: Why are my screenshots not working

Discus and support Why are my screenshots not working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Trying to screenshot, and it's not even popping up in my notifications. And I am on Windows 11.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Aj Benson, Feb 21, 2024.

1. Aj Benson Win User

Why are my screenshots not working

Trying to screenshot, and it's not even popping up in my notifications. And I am on Windows 11.

:)

Aj Benson, Feb 21, 2024

2. screenshot function is not working

Hello,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer and click on This PC in the left navigation pane.
    • Navigate to the location: C:\Users\<Username>\Pictures\Screenshots.
    • Right click on the Screenshots folder and select Properties.
    • Click on the Location tab in the Properties Window.
    • Change the location to the desired location and click on Move.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 21, 2024
  3. rmanasa Win User
    Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Feb 21, 2024
  4. Why are my screenshots not working

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Feb 21, 2024
Thema:

Why are my screenshots not working

1. Why are my screenshots not working - Similar Threads - Why are screenshots

2. Why are my screenshots not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are my screenshots not working: Trying to screenshot, and it's not even popping up in my notifications. And I am on Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-my-screenshots-not-working/2acc013c-9bc9-40c1-b11e-64439b104c5b
  3. Why are serial screenshots of my videos recorded?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are serial screenshots of my videos recorded?: Hello, last week, I used a few recovery programs to restore my deleted videos while moving some of my files. I was able to retrieve the videos, but what caught my attention was that I came across a series of screenshots of some of my videos, especially those in avi format....
  4. Why are serial screenshots of my videos recorded?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are serial screenshots of my videos recorded?: Hello, last week, I used a few recovery programs to restore my deleted videos while moving some of my files. I was able to retrieve the videos, but what caught my attention was that I came across a series of screenshots of some of my videos, especially those in avi format....
  5. Screenshots working but not found in Screenshots folder anymore

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Screenshots working but not found in Screenshots folder anymore: @DaveM121 please help me , I've done the registry thing "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders"But nothing is working.Please help me , I have a project that I need to work on and without the screenshots not working ,it is very...
  6. My screenshot isn't working

in Windows 10 Customization
    My screenshot isn't working: Have I exceeded the Screenshot limit of 386? I usually check my screenshot folder when I take a screenshot, But this time it doesn't work. I use both the windows button and print screen button when taking it. I tried with Fn and Alt keys but it doesn't work.How can I fix...
  7. ScreenShot Not Working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ScreenShot Not Working: I just updated my laptop windows to Windows 10 Home Insider Preview But after that update, My screenshot is not working As much i know the screenshot key is Windows+PrtSC But after that It is not working Is that a bug? Is so then please fix this soon And If it isn't a bug...
  8. Why are my screenshots like this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why are my screenshots like this?: [ATTACH] recently my screenshots have been splitting up in 3 images why is this happening can anyone help me fix this please let me know https://preview.redd.it/wyzc09ue1h661.png?width=3840&format=png&auto=webp&s=b21aac45f76867f7e34c04c18b045a5d00ec74bb submitted by...
  9. Screenshots not working

Screenshots not working: At first the screenshots weren't working at all. Then they just showed up as black screen. Anyone have any clue what's going on submitted by /u/Esko99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e6t3h1/screenshots_not_working/
  10. Screenshot not working

Screenshot not working: Hey guys, since I updated my PC a few days ago my printscreen hotkey isn't working. Usually I print screen with win+prntscrn, but now it isn't working. Any ideas? submitted by /u/eilandbushxxvi [link] [comments]...