Windows 10: Why are my task bar icons not responding?

Discus and support Why are my task bar icons not responding? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just did a clean installation of windows 10 pro 2004. I can't get my clock, sound, or internet icons to respond on my task bar. 165479 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CannonRebel, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Why are my task bar icons not responding?

I just did a clean installation of windows 10 pro 2004. I can't get my clock, sound, or internet icons to respond on my task bar.

:)

CannonRebel, Sep 29, 2020

2. Task Bar is not Responding

My task bar is not working..icons are there but they are not responding..even the windows icon at bottom left is not responding....everything excluding applications icon on task bar is not working..i.e they are not pooping up..like i want to see my notifications
    but that is not responding same for battery icon and others.

UsamaBin Khalid, Sep 29, 2020
  3. task bar not responding

Hi,

There are several possible reasons why the task bar is not working as expected. One of them may be caused by a corrupted user profile. In your case, we'd like to ask for additional information to help us determine the appropriate steps to solve the issue.
    Please answer the following:

• Have you made any recent changes or installed updates before the task bar stopped responding?
    • Was the task bar working after you have created the user profile?
    • Have you checked if the issue also exists with the other user profiles?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    For initial troubleshooting, you can follow the steps in this article:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Why are my task bar icons not responding?

Task Bar Icons Windows 10

Hi John,

Thank you for your response.

We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

If the icon is hidden from the task bar, you can enable it by using the following steps. The icon might be hidden. Here's how to show the battery icon:

• Right-click an empty area on the taskbar, and then click
      Properties.
    • Under Notification area, click
      Customize.
    • In Notification Area Icons, click on Select
      which icons appear on Taskbar.
    • On in the drop-down list next to
      Power, and then click OK.
    If the issue still persists you can try Updating the latest Power management driver software for Windows 10 from the manufacturer website.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Why are my task bar icons not responding?

1. Why are my task bar icons not responding? - Similar Threads - Why are task

2. task bar not responding

in Windows 10 Customization
    task bar not responding: I click on the apps in the task bar and nothing happens at all. I tried to remove all the apps and pin it again and it is still the same. No changes made to the PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-not-responding/57e926ae-5fe3-4995-8104-9644e4fcfcfb
  3. task bar not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    task bar not responding: I click on the apps in the task bar and nothing happens at all. I tried to remove all the apps and pin it again and it is still the same. No changes made to the PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-not-responding/57e926ae-5fe3-4995-8104-9644e4fcfcfb
  4. task bar not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My task bar isn't working or responding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My task bar isn't working or responding: Hi.....so my wifi stopped working on my windows 10....wifi was available but it wasn't getting connected..and there was no wifi option in settings...so I saw some tutorials in youtube for the solution ...I restarted the wlan auto config.. retsarted pc but nothing...
  6. Task Bar Icons

Task Bar Icons: Why are certain taskbar icons grayed out, and how can I make them reappear? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-icons/9791345e-32f4-4714-bb2a-fac027ff537d
  7. TASK BAR ICONS

TASK BAR ICONS: SOMEHOW ANOTHER THE TASK BAR ICONS HAVE MOVED ON ME ALSO THE TIMEHAS DISSAPPEARED .. THEY ARE ALL TOGETHER INSTEAD OF SPACED OUT.. I MIGHT HAVE CLIKED ON SOMETHING BUT DONT THINK I DID.. HOW TO MOVE THEM BACKTO DEFAULT POSTION TO THE BOTTOM RIGHT CONCER?? PLZ HELP, THANKS...
  8. task bar icons

task bar icons: The battery indicator (icon) of my task bar disappears time to time.The solutions that are provided by Micro Soft at the first stage do not work. Please help me to overcome this problem....
  9. Task Bar icons not responding - including Start Icon - Windows 10

Task Bar icons not responding - including Start Icon - Windows 10: I cannot open programs by clicking the icons on the task bar. (including hidden icons) In some cases (start button/Windows icon) I can right click and get to certain tasks - but that doesn't work on other icons. I can navigate between open programs, but can't open new...
  10. Windows Task Bar Not Responding

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Task Bar Not Responding: About a week ago, I went to go click my windows button at the bottom left corner of my screen and it just froze and I shut my computer off and turned it back on and now the whole taskbar is broken. I've already tried the whole task prompt thingy and the "resetting windows...