Windows 10: Why are my TV's showing up in Network?

Discus and support Why are my TV's showing up in Network? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When my TV is on and I click Network in Windows Explorer, The TV shows up under Media Devices and Other Devices. What is the purpose of this. Click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JeffL, Sep 9, 2020.

1. JeffL Win User

Why are my TV's showing up in Network?

When my TV is on and I click Network in Windows Explorer, The TV shows up under Media Devices and Other Devices.

What is the purpose of this. Click on them just shows their Properties.

:)

JeffL, Sep 9, 2020

2. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Connect Samsung Smart TV to Computer

We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Connect your PC and TV in same network.
    • Got to Start and click on Settings.
    • Open Devices and chose Connected devices from the menu on the left.
    • Click on Add a device.
    • After the wizard finished, just click on your TV and follow the instructions.
    Let us know how it goes.

Nathaniel Mon, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Why are my TV's showing up in Network?

Network card not showing

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things

• Are you using router?

• Are you getting any error message?

Is you are using router then I suggest you to reset the router and check if the issue persist.

Also I suggest you to update the Network Adapter driver. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows+X key on your desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate Network drivers, expand, right click and click
      on Update.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

Why are my TV's showing up in Network?

1. Why are my TV's showing up in Network? - Similar Threads - Why are TV's

2. Why is my wifi network the only one not showing up on the network list?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my wifi network the only one not showing up on the network list?: Hi! I just recently got this hp laptop from my step-dad. When I try to connect to my wifi it doesn't show up but I see all my neighbors wifi. I tried many solutions but nothing worked! Please help me....
  3. Why is my wifi network the only one not showing up on the network list?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my wifi network the only one not showing up on the network list?: Hi! I just recently got this hp laptop from my step-dad. When I try to connect to my wifi it doesn't show up but I see all my neighbors wifi. I tried many solutions but nothing worked! Please help me....
  4. Why is my wifi network the only one not showing up on the network list?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. No network shows up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No network shows up: Hi, I am in the middle of setting up windows 11 however, when I get to “lets connect you to a network” nothing shows. I have tried putting in an ethernet and got nothing. Any other solutions?...
  6. No networks showing up

No networks showing up: Please help me i have tried everything, all the tutorials dont work and i have reset my laptop twice, nothing works[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-networks-showing-up/d1cc3727-4e95-4a0a-a37c-d387553ef56b
  7. Unfamiliar symbol showed up in my networking tray and not sure why...

Unfamiliar symbol showed up in my networking tray and not sure why...: I turned my laptop to connect to Wi-Fi, and saw this weird symbol with the name "test". Not really a tech guy, and didn't do anything or download anything onto my laptop recently. I tried looking online to identify the icon, but had no luck. Is my laptop being hacked or...
  8. tv tuner card not showing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    tv tuner card not showing up: My tv tuner card not showing up at all in win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tv-tuner-card-not-showing-up/2df2dba1-e855-4005-8c3d-657c564ddcac
  9. Windows folders show up in my Smart TV connected to the same network

Windows folders show up in my Smart TV connected to the same network: I tried casting a movie to my Samsung Smart TV (Not the Android TV Version), and it worked fairly well. I disconnected it after some time, turned off my laptop and attached my external HDD to the TV to watch some movies on it. Next day, the main problem started. My TV now...
  10. Why is my name showing up on "NETWORK" ?

Why is my name showing up on "NETWORK" ?: Hey guys, i got an issue with my laptop. I am trying to change a folder name because it is named after me which is a different name than what i call my computer. Every time i go to rename it it won't let me. I have no idea why my first name is being used on a folder. I would...