Windows 10: Why are my windows repositioned slightly when I sign back into a user account when...

Discus and support Why are my windows repositioned slightly when I sign back into a user account when... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a couple of user accounts on my PC and laptop windows 10 on the PC and Windows 11 on the laptop. Both devices have this same issue. I will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by czech27, Nov 22, 2022.

1. czech27 Win User

Why are my windows repositioned slightly when I sign back into a user account when...

I have a couple of user accounts on my PC and laptop windows 10 on the PC and Windows 11 on the laptop. Both devices have this same issue. I will switch from one account to another without logging out, and when I switch back my windows are slightly out of alignment and I have to reposition them. Not a huge issue but annoying.

:)

czech27, Nov 22, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup  

Hello sciencegal, Why are my windows repositioned slightly when I sign back into a user account when... :)

You can have Windows automatically sign in to a local account or Microsoft account. It doesn't matter.

Is you account listed more than once in netplwiz? Double check to make sure that you have selected the correct account in step 3 Option 1.

The password is case sensitive, so be sure to enter it exactly for it to work properly.

Brink, Nov 22, 2022
  3. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Nov 22, 2022
  4. Kari Win User

Why are my windows repositioned slightly when I sign back into a user account when...

Local Acct user and MS account user - sync them or merge them

If the local account is the one where you have most of your personal data, this is how I would do it:

• Sign in to your Microsoft account
    • Copy all documents, pictures and other personal data from Microsoft account's user folders to corresponding folders in user Public (contents of MS account Documents folder to Public Documents folder and so on)
    • Sign out from Microsoft account
    Notice that above steps are only required if Microsoft account user folders contain data you want to keep. If its user folders are empty or do not contain anything worth saving, you can skip the above steps. Continue from below.

• Sign in to the local account
    • Delete the Microsoft account (Option One in this tutorial)
    • Switch your local account to a Microsoft account (tutorial)
    • Copy the data backed up from old Microsoft account to Public folders to new Microsoft account in corresponding folders

That's it. Using the Public folders as temporary storage you will have none whatsoever file owner / permission issues later on.

Thema:

1. Why are my windows repositioned slightly when I sign back into a user account when... - Similar Threads - Why are repositioned

2. When I sign into my account it automatically signs into my son's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I sign into my account it automatically signs into my son's: I need help as my son's account seems to be my account now. When I sign into my account on my computer is then forces me to sign into my son's account.;...
  3. When I sign into my account it automatically signs into my son's

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    When I sign into my account it automatically signs into my son's: I need help as my son's account seems to be my account now. When I sign into my account on my computer is then forces me to sign into my son's account.;...
  4. When I sign into my account it automatically signs into my son's

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. When I login to my user account, it says that another account is signed in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I login to my user account, it says that another account is signed in: I turn the laptop and log in to my account, when I click on accounts, it shows that the other account is signed in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-login-to-my-user-account-it-says-that/37597e89-b43e-4961-9888-96c64f77dc6d
  6. When I login to my user account, it says that another account is signed in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I login to my user account, it says that another account is signed in: I turn the laptop and log in to my account, when I click on accounts, it shows that the other account is signed in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-login-to-my-user-account-it-says-that/37597e89-b43e-4961-9888-96c64f77dc6d
  7. When I login to my user account, it says that another account is signed in

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Why are my windows repositioned slightly when I sign back into a user account when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my windows repositioned slightly when I sign back into a user account when...: I have a couple of user accounts on my PC and laptop windows 10 on the PC and Windows 11 on the laptop. Both devices have this same issue. I will switch from one account to another without logging out, and when I switch back my windows are slightly out of alignment and I have...
  9. Why are my windows repositioned slightly when I sign back into a user account when...

Why are my windows repositioned slightly when I sign back into a user account when...: I have a couple of user accounts on my PC and laptop windows 10 on the PC and Windows 11 on the laptop. Both devices have this same issue. I will switch from one account to another without logging out, and when I switch back my windows are slightly out of alignment and I have...
  10. Windows 10 repositions/resizes programs when locking or switching users

Windows 10 repositions/resizes programs when locking or switching users: This is a common issue among large screen resolutions and has been around since at least 2011 as evident by this post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/is-there-a-way-to-set-windows-7-login-screen/b6b95eb5-736e-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5 Will...