Windows 10: Why are new toolbars' icons smaller and not centered in taskbar?

Discus and support Why are new toolbars' icons smaller and not centered in taskbar? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] is there any way to set them as big as regular taskbar icons, or at least, to have them centered?what you are seeing in the gif is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_deWitt, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Why are new toolbars' icons smaller and not centered in taskbar?

Why are new toolbars' icons smaller and not centered in taskbar? zpxc8RrrovPS3H6-AL-YXh2vSdeiq6IwYfRcV25LGmI.jpg

is there any way to set them as big as regular taskbar icons, or at least, to have them centered?what you are seeing in the gif is a shortcut (the lil hammer next to IT) present in the folder i have choosen, it is the only item in the folder, but if i add another one it goes right under the hammer. is there another way to show shortcuts directly in the right side of the taskbar without the need of a software constantly running?

OS build: 19042.685

https://i.redd.it/6370o5przb961.gif

submitted by /u/_deWitt
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/_deWitt, Jan 4, 2021

2. Taskbar changes height when toolbars have icons set to "Large"

There has been an issue with the Windows taskbar which drives me crazy. It has been a problem since Windows XP and the "skinning" of the underlying user interface controls. It still persists in Windows 10.

When using a Toolbar on the Taskbar and the icon size is set to "small", the clickable targets are smaller than the vertical height of the taskbar. No problem, right? Either make the taskbar icon set to "small" as well and the clickable target area matches.

But what if I like the large buttons to click on? Setting the Toolbar (not taskbar!) icons to Large causes the taskbar vertical height to increase. This is fine for the Toolbar, but the application icons in the Taskbar now have an unclickable space beneath
    them. See image below (not my image... found online when trying to find a solution to this.)

Why are new toolbars' icons smaller and not centered in taskbar? 6f777bb5-ca6a-4272-baa3-52616c5b675b.png

This doesn't happen in Windows 7 when using the "Windows Classic" scheme... so the problem must derive from the Aero skinning of the taskbar.

To recreate:

• Right click on the taskbar and Unlock it.
    • Ensure taskbar is set to "large icons" mode from Taskbar properties dialog box.
    • Right click an empty area of the taskbar and create a new Toolbar.
    • Right click on the label of the toolbar and choose View > Large Icons
    This wouldn't necessarily be an issue if the clickable region of the Application Icons was the full vertical height of the visible taskbar. It also wouldn't be an issue if the Toolbar "Large Icons" setting didn't have icons bigger than the Application Icons.

If there is a registry hack or other solution PLEASE let me know! I have had this problem with Toolbars since Windows XP, and the Toolbars are essential to my workflow.

Thanks!

spiffyfitz, Jan 4, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Win10 Taskbar; is there a 'new toolbar' option that allows icons just like the main taskbar?

Hi KERATL

So say you have a folder of icons you want to put on a toolbar on the Taskbar

Right click your Tackbar and choose Toolbars New Toolbar

Then navigate to select that folder and click OK

Resize your Taskbar to accomodate that new toolbar

Whenever you want to hide those icons, right click your Taskbar and choose Toolbars, and untick that new toolbar . . .

DaveM121, Jan 4, 2021
  4. Why are new toolbars' icons smaller and not centered in taskbar?

Noob Q: Making toolbar icons smaller in Outlook 2010

Hey, workin on my mom's pc and I need to make the 'ribbon' toolbar icons smaller. The toolbar appears to be taking up an unusually large amount of the available on-screen space. I know in 2003 there was a little tick box to toggle the size, and in 2010, I can't seem to find it.

If it matters, the text size in Windows has been set to 125%.

Thanks.

Screenie:

Why are new toolbars' icons smaller and not centered in taskbar? ms-outlook-screenie.png

angelkiller, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

Why are new toolbars' icons smaller and not centered in taskbar?

1. Why are new toolbars' icons smaller and not centered in taskbar? - Similar Threads - Why are toolbars'

2. smaller icons in taskbar windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    smaller icons in taskbar windows 11: smaller icons in taskbar windows 11Also, create PAINT shortcut on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smaller-icons-in-taskbar-windows-11/fa8bd10e-30fe-4bb3-af3d-1209ec4bed82
  3. smaller icons in taskbar windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    smaller icons in taskbar windows 11: smaller icons in taskbar windows 11Also, create PAINT shortcut on desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smaller-icons-in-taskbar-windows-11/fa8bd10e-30fe-4bb3-af3d-1209ec4bed82
  4. Centering Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Centering Taskbar Icons: How do I move certain applications on the Taskbar towards the center? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/centering-taskbar-icons/04dfbf51-0392-438a-ba66-b3a0b2118ae9
  5. Centering Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Centering Taskbar Icons: How do I move certain applications on the Taskbar towards the center? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/centering-taskbar-icons/04dfbf51-0392-438a-ba66-b3a0b2118ae9
  6. Centering Taskbar Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Taskbar toolbar Icons

Taskbar toolbar Icons: Hi Ever since I think windows 98, I have had a particular setup on Windows and I am so used to it that I really don't want to change it. I recently bought a Dell laptop and upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro The Setup I have is that I have the task bar on auto-hide on the...
  8. Centering icons on taskbar via toolbar method, is this safe?

Centering icons on taskbar via toolbar method, is this safe?: Hello there, i was wondering whether putting my taskbar icons in the centre by using the toolbar method( creating file, dragging it near the start menu. etc.) Is this also a bannable offense? Thanks....
  9. Icons on taskbar smaller now?

Icons on taskbar smaller now?: Hi, I'm trying to work out how to get the below icons larger: *Wink) Any suggestions? Thanks! Andy 17534
  10. Icon on the taskbar that got changed are smaller...

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon on the taskbar that got changed are smaller...: Hello everyone, I do not know why it is like this but icon that are not the original that come with programs look much smaller on the taskbar and yes I am sure I download the icon at the maximum size 512 if I am not wrong and checked it on several computers here a...