Windows 10: Why are no com ports or the ability to add them showing in windows 11 ?

Discus and support Why are no com ports or the ability to add them showing in windows 11 ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm at my wit's end. I think for the first time, I'm actually going to have to take a laptop back due to the OS it came with.I don't get why there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by shnnshn, Mar 28, 2023.

1. shnnshn Win User

Why are no com ports or the ability to add them showing in windows 11 ?

I'm at my wit's end. I think for the first time, I'm actually going to have to take a laptop back due to the OS it came with.I don't get why there would be no com ports available, or are able to be added simply because it's windows 11. I can't use this OS if they are not available.

:)

shnnshn, Mar 28, 2023
Thema:

Why are no com ports or the ability to add them showing in windows 11 ?

1. Why are no com ports or the ability to add them showing in windows 11 ? - Similar Threads - Why are com

2. Why are my virtual COM ports not working in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my virtual COM ports not working in Windows 11?: I need to interface a serial peripheral to a Windows 11 laptop.I'm using a CH340 chipset USB to Serial cable. When I plug the cable into a USB port, the Ports COM & LPT section is automatically added to device manager, and within it lists USB-Serial CH340COMx, x being...
  3. Why are my virtual COM ports not working in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are my virtual COM ports not working in Windows 11?: I need to interface a serial peripheral to a Windows 11 laptop.I'm using a CH340 chipset USB to Serial cable. When I plug the cable into a USB port, the Ports COM & LPT section is automatically added to device manager, and within it lists USB-Serial CH340COMx, x being...
  4. Why are no com ports or the ability to add them showing in windows 11 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are no com ports or the ability to add them showing in windows 11 ?: I'm at my wit's end. I think for the first time, I'm actually going to have to take a laptop back due to the OS it came with.I don't get why there would be no com ports available, or are able to be added simply because it's windows 11. I can't use this OS if they are not...
  5. Windows 11 USB COM port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 USB COM port: Running Windows 11 which performed an update yesterday. I'm using USB devices having an FTDI chip. Windows no longer assigns a COM port and says there is no driver. I've re-installed the driver directly from FTDI but the problem remains. I've tried several physical ports,...
  6. Windows 11 USB COM port

Windows 11 USB COM port: Running Windows 11 which performed an update yesterday. I'm using USB devices having an FTDI chip. Windows no longer assigns a COM port and says there is no driver. I've re-installed the driver directly from FTDI but the problem remains. I've tried several physical ports,...
  7. Missing Com ports in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Com ports in Windows 11: Hi there, I have a new HP laptop running Windows 11 Home. It has a AMD Ryzen 3 3250U 2.6GHz with 8GB ram and x64-based processor. I am trying to flash a firmware update onto a cnc via USB but I need to connect to an available Com port. Unfortunately, nothing comes up in the...
  8. Missing Com ports in Windows 11

Missing Com ports in Windows 11: Hi there, I have a new HP laptop running Windows 11 Home. It has a AMD Ryzen 3 3250U 2.6GHz with 8GB ram and x64-based processor. I am trying to flash a firmware update onto a cnc via USB but I need to connect to an available Com port. Unfortunately, nothing comes up in the...
  9. No COM ports in Windows 11?

No COM ports in Windows 11?: Windows 11 New laptop, I have applications that require com ports 3 and 4 to connect to hardware via USB port. There doesn't seem to be any COM ports and no way to create them that I can find. Can anybody direct me to instructions on adding com ports?...
  10. No COM ports in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No COM ports in Windows 11?: Windows 11 New laptop, I have applications that require com ports 3 and 4 to connect to hardware via USB port. There doesn't seem to be any COM ports and no way to create them that I can find. Can anybody direct me to instructions on adding com ports?...