Windows 10: Why are older processors meeting the Win 11 upgrade requirements not included in the list?

Discus and support Why are older processors meeting the Win 11 upgrade requirements not included in the list? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just used the PC Health Check App to check for eligibility, and the i7-6700HQ has TPM 2.0, 4 cores and secure boot enabled. Why is this model not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HimankanKashyap, Nov 9, 2022.

1. Why are older processors meeting the Win 11 upgrade requirements not included in the list?

I just used the PC Health Check App to check for eligibility, and the i7-6700HQ has TPM 2.0, 4 cores and secure boot enabled. Why is this model not supported? Even though it's not among the newer models, I don't see any reason for not letting us upgrade.

:)

HimankanKashyap, Nov 9, 2022
  2. Introman Win User

Processor deemed incompatible with Win 11 upgrade is LISTED in the list of supported intel processors,

I tried upgrading to Win 11. The message stated my PC does not meet the current requirements for Win 11 upgrade because of my processor. However my processor - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.71 GHz - is listed in the supported processor list on Microsoft website. What gives?

Introman, Nov 9, 2022
  3. yahanna Win User
    Why can't my Processor meet requirement for a Win 11 Upgrade ???

I'm confused about a notification from Microsoft about upgrading to win 11. The notification said my PC doesn't meet a requirement which makes 0 sense. It says my CPU isn't on an approved list of CPUs. But my processor is crazy fast. How is this possible?

Below is a screenshot of what it claims I require although again it makes 0 sense. Can someone tell me if this is a joke from Microsoft or is this a mistake? Is win 11 all that and better than 10?

Why are older processors meeting the Win 11 upgrade requirements not included in the list? [​IMG]

yahanna, Nov 9, 2022
  4. Why are older processors meeting the Win 11 upgrade requirements not included in the list?

Win11 Pro approved processor list

My Computer is less than 1 year old with an AMD processor that meets the performance requirements for Win 11 but my processor (AMD Pro A10-9700 R7 is not listed in your approved list. When will Microsoft include my processor on the approved list for upgrading from Win 10 Pro to Win 11 Pro ?

RonaldGarner, Nov 9, 2022
Thema:

Why are older processors meeting the Win 11 upgrade requirements not included in the list?

1. Why are older processors meeting the Win 11 upgrade requirements not included in the list? - Similar Threads - Why are older

2. Why doesn't my processor meet Win 11 Requirements?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why doesn't my processor meet Win 11 Requirements?: Hi it's an intel core i5-6200U CPU@ 2.3GHz, I can enable tpm and secure boot; it meets all other requirements in the MS PC health check. So please can you tell me whats wrong?...
  3. Why doesn't my processor meet Win 11 Requirements?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why doesn't my processor meet Win 11 Requirements?: Hi it's an intel core i5-6200U CPU@ 2.3GHz, I can enable tpm and secure boot; it meets all other requirements in the MS PC health check. So please can you tell me whats wrong?...
  4. Why is my processor ineligible to upgrade to Windows 11? It meets the stated requirements.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my processor ineligible to upgrade to Windows 11? It meets the stated requirements.: Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-6700T CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.9 GB usable System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch Touch support with 10 touch points...
  5. Why is my processor ineligible to upgrade to Windows 11? It meets the stated requirements.

Why is my processor ineligible to upgrade to Windows 11? It meets the stated requirements.: Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-6700T CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.9 GB usable System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor Pen and touch Touch support with 10 touch points...
  6. Why are older processors meeting the Win 11 upgrade requirements not included in the list?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are older processors meeting the Win 11 upgrade requirements not included in the list?: I just used the PC Health Check App to check for eligibility, and the i7-6700HQ has TPM 2.0, 4 cores and secure boot enabled. Why is this model not supported? Even though it's not among the newer models, I don't see any reason for not letting us upgrade....
  7. Why can't I upgrade to Win 11 despite meeting all requirements?

Why can't I upgrade to Win 11 despite meeting all requirements?: Trying to update to Win 11 I get the message: "The processor isn't currently supported for Windows 11." But my processor is an Intel i7-6700 quadcore @ 3.40GHz, and the system has 16 GB RAM. This meets the declared Win 11 system requirements at least 1 Ghz clock speed and 2...
  8. Windows 11 Upgrade Issue - i7 processor doesn't meet requirements?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 11 Upgrade Issue - i7 processor doesn't meet requirements?: I was interested in a Windows 11 upgrade, but got the message that my i7-4790 processor doesn't meet the minimum requirements. What the heck?...
  9. Win 11 processor requirements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 processor requirements: Hello,I have a relatively new and powerful PC, however the Win11 PC health check is stating that my processor is not supported. I am using an Intel Core i5-7500 CPU @3.40Ghz. All other device specifications pass with flying colors. Curious why this particular processor is not...
  10. Win 11 processor requirements

Win 11 processor requirements: Hello,I have a relatively new and powerful PC, however the Win11 PC health check is stating that my processor is not supported. I am using an Intel Core i5-7500 CPU @3.40Ghz. All other device specifications pass with flying colors. Curious why this particular processor is not...