Windows 10: Why are 'Play HDR game and apps' & 'Use WCG apps' functions cannot be enable on a laptop...

Discus and support Why are 'Play HDR game and apps' & 'Use WCG apps' functions cannot be enable on a laptop... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My laptop is a Thinkpad X1 Extreme, and it comes with a 4K resolution Dolby Vision HDR built-in display, and the graphic cards are the Intel UHD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nfsking, Oct 11, 2019.

1. nfsking Win User

Why are 'Play HDR game and apps' & 'Use WCG apps' functions cannot be enable on a laptop...

My laptop is a Thinkpad X1 Extreme, and it comes with a 4K resolution Dolby Vision HDR built-in display, and the graphic cards are the Intel UHD Graphics 630 and NVIDIA GTX1050Ti Q-Max.

In the Display settings on Windows 10 Version 1909, only the 'Streaming HDR video' function can be enabled, but the 'Play HDR game and apps' and 'Use WCG apps' functions cannot be enabled on the built-in display.

As soon as I connect my TV which supports HDR10 to the laptop, these two functions can be enabled right away on this TV.

I wondering why the 'Play HDR game and apps' & 'Use WCG apps' functions are not available on a built-in display? Is it related to the display hardware, or the graphic card driver, or something else?

:)

nfsking, Oct 11, 2019
  2. chris_tm Win User

HDR WCG won't enable on Windows 10

MSI 43GSVR 7Re laptop with 6gb Nvidia 1060

Samsung 32hg70 monitor

HDMI 2.0 connected to laptop using only Samsung monitor as display

HDR WCG is an available option to turn on (SDR slider is greyed out for some reason) - once turned on, Windows 10 asks 'Do you want to keep these settings?" Choose Yes,
    but HDR WCG remains off.

Both the 1060 and monitor are HDR capable. Both laptop and monitor are HDMI 2.0

Any thoughts on why HDR won't turn on?

chris_tm, Oct 11, 2019
  3. Unable to Turn On HDR WCG on Windows 10

Hi Sam,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please refer the suggestions from Carlo
    Fer dated May 29, 2018
    regarding the issue with HDR and WCG which you aren’t able to turn on.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Oct 11, 2019
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

Why are 'Play HDR game and apps' & 'Use WCG apps' functions cannot be enable on a laptop...

HDR WCG won't enable on Windows 10

Hi Chris,

Have you installed the latest graphics drivers? You may also check the Nvidia site for the latest drivers and follow their instructions.

If you’re having problems displaying HDR content, you can try the steps outlined in this support article:
    HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10.

For more information about HDR requirements, please refer to this support article:
    Display requirements for HDR in Windows 10.

Update us with results for further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Why are 'Play HDR game and apps' & 'Use WCG apps' functions cannot be enable on a laptop... - Similar Threads - Why are 'Play

2. How to Enable HDR for Apps using ICC Profiles in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable HDR for Apps using ICC Profiles in Windows 10: HDR stands for High Dynamic Range. You may have heard this term floating around somewhere, maybe in one of the commercials for a high-end television or the newest smartphones. Without going into detailed specifications of what the term entails and taking a pinch from what its...
  3. Can't turn on HDR for games and apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't turn on HDR for games and apps: Hi In the Windows HDR color settings I can turn on stream HDR video. But not play HDR games and apps. I thought my laptop & screen would have the capability. Am I wrong? Or am I missing something? I'm not connecting to an external monitor btw - just solely the laptop...
  4. Issues when playing games in Full Screen with "Play HDR games and apps" Enabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues when playing games in Full Screen with "Play HDR games and apps" Enabled: I have the "Play HDR games and apps" setting enabled, otherwise everything I use on the monitor looks dull. I have been randomly getting black screens for a while now while playing full screen games. Took me weeks to figure out why this was happening. When I turn up or down...
  5. Cannot toggle to yes for HDR on apps and games

Cannot toggle to yes for HDR on apps and games: My original thread went ignored here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-toggle-to-yes-for-hdr-on-apps-and-games/5a07b600-70b2-4931-85b5-67aceca64d11 I don't know how to switch questions over so this is the best I can do :(...
  6. Cannot toggle to yes for HDR on apps and games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot toggle to yes for HDR on apps and games: I currently have a dell xps13 9380. Due to issues the computer underwent a clean install to windows Pro. I couldn't seem to play HDR on my netflix app. Now the screen switched to an new AUO monitor and Windows Home 1903 is installed. But I still have the same problem. I...
  7. HDR and WCG in Windows 10 PRO

HDR and WCG in Windows 10 PRO: Problems with turning on HDR and WCG in Windows 10, the image is constantly changing and at some point it gets stuck without having access to the content on the display. This problem intensifies when i try to watch a movie on Netflix, or play a game on PC! I use Windows 10...
  8. HDR and WCG in Windows 10

HDR and WCG in Windows 10: Problems with turning on HDR and WCG in Windows 10, the image is constantly changing and at some point it gets stuck without having access to the content on the display. This problem intensifies when i try to watch a movie on Netflix, or play a game on PC! I use Windows 10...
  9. HDR and WCG in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDR and WCG in Windows 10: Problems with turning on HDR and WCG in Windows 10, the image is constantly changing and at some point it gets stuck without having access to the content on the display. This problem intensifies when i try to watch a movie on Netflix, or play a game on PC! I use Windows 10...
  10. HDR and WCG are disabled but my Computer+TV are HDR/WCG capable

HDR and WCG are disabled but my Computer+TV are HDR/WCG capable: The option HDR/WCG is not available under Windows 10 RS4 and disabled under Win10 RS5 build 17713. In here my equipment: Display TV: Samsung TV UHD HDR UE55MU7005TXXC (w/latest firmware: 1221.0). UHD Color function is active for HDMI. HDMI Cable: UGreen 4K HDR 60Hz Cable...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. use wcg apps

2. “use wcg apps”

3. www.wcg.org gmail.com

4. windows 10 play hdr games and apps says no,
  5. play hdr and games no,
  6. wcg app