Windows 10: Why are so many per-user services constantly running on my PC?

Discus and support Why are so many per-user services constantly running on my PC? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Version: 1909 Every time I boot up my PC I see like a dozen of these "per-user services" running. I've read about them ("services that are created... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JordanG, Nov 25, 2019.

1. JordanG Win User

Why are so many per-user services constantly running on my PC?

Version: 1909

Every time I boot up my PC I see like a dozen of these "per-user services" running. I've read about them ("services that are created when a user signs into Windows or Windows Server and are stopped and deleted when that user signs out") but m question is...what user? This is a home desktop PC with one account, so I don't understand why there would be other "users" running services on my machine while I am on it.

Like right now "Printworkflow_51a63" is running, but I haven't printed anything in like a month?

Can someone please explain this to me?

Thanks.

Why are so many per-user services constantly running on my PC? [​IMG]

:)

JordanG, Nov 25, 2019

2. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Nov 25, 2019
  3. My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, Nov 25, 2019
  4. Why are so many per-user services constantly running on my PC?

The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you with the user accounts on Windows 10.

Let's try the below methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator.

Step 1: Start computer in safe
    mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type
    net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Method 2: Try to create a new user account (Microsoft account) and check if you are able to access the content from your computer

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Note: Create a Microsoft account. Steps applies to Windows 10 as well.

Method 3: Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.
    Hope this helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

Why are so many per-user services constantly running on my PC?

1. Why are so many per-user services constantly running on my PC? - Similar Threads - Why are many

2. Per-user services <service name>_LUID. How to change LUID to USERNAME or constant?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Per-user services <service name>_LUID. How to change LUID to USERNAME or constant?: User-specific per-user services are displayed using the <service name>_LUID format where LUID is the locally unique identifier. To keep backward compatibility I need to leave <service name>_* format, but instead of LUID use USERNAME or constant. This is required for effective...
  3. Per-user services <service name>_LUID. How to change LUID to USERNAME or constant?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Per-user services <service name>_LUID. How to change LUID to USERNAME or constant?: User-specific per-user services are displayed using the <service name>_LUID format where LUID is the locally unique identifier. To keep backward compatibility I need to leave <service name>_* format, but instead of LUID use USERNAME or constant. This is required for effective...
  4. Per-user services <service name>_LUID. How to change LUID to USERNAME or constant?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Why are so many copies of Edge running?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are so many copies of Edge running?: Clean boot. Open and closed Edge:What is going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-so-many-copies-of-edge-running/554a4736-ad02-468e-b194-da55e09fc6cd
  6. Why are so many copies of Edge running?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are so many copies of Edge running?: Clean boot. Open and closed Edge:What is going on? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-so-many-copies-of-edge-running/554a4736-ad02-468e-b194-da55e09fc6cd
  7. is it normal to have so many nahimic service programs running?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is it normal to have so many nahimic service programs running?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/TheRealSharpShot [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikq92i/is_it_normal_to_have_so_many_nahimic_service/
  8. why is my pc running so slowly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why is my pc running so slowly: my pc is loading so slowly. what may be the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-pc-running-so-slowly/206502e2-9c6d-4d4b-84f5-cc42b5957646
  9. Why are these "per-user services" always running on my single-user PC?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why are these "per-user services" always running on my single-user PC?: Version: 1909 I was just wondering if someone can explain these to me more. I've read about them and I understand they are "services that are created when a user signs into Windows or Windows Server and are stopped and deleted when that user signs out," but as I am the only...
  10. So Many Service Host Running In Control Panel

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    So Many Service Host Running In Control Panel: So i just reset my laptop and its running slow so i open Task Manager and saw that 50% of my ram is used and then i saw a lot of service host maybe 15 of them. Im suffering because of this lot service host and and eating a lot of my Memory and its not running the way it used...