Windows 10: Why are so many threads "Locked"?

Discus and support Why are so many threads "Locked"? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Some, if not most, don't have working answers yet. What reasons are used in locking the treads?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AS7734, Sep 12, 2019.

1. AS7734 Win User

Why are so many threads "Locked"?

Some, if not most, don't have working answers yet. What reasons are used in locking the treads?

:)

AS7734, Sep 12, 2019

2. thread lock

My problem is in viewing youtube vdeos the picture zooms to a small part of the picture as soon as play is pressed.

One suggestion somewhere was that the thread was locked which I dont understand and that I should unlock it to access overlay????

marcellehalse, Sep 12, 2019
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Sep 12, 2019
  4. Why are so many threads "Locked"?

Ads displayed in Lock Screen

Hi Subhadeep,

Windows Spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen.
    To turn off Windows Spotlight, go to Settings, clickPersonalization,
    select Lock screen, under Background select a different lock screen background.

To avoid messages on your lock screen, you can consider the following:

• Make sure that the "Get fun facts, etc" on your Settings is turned off.
    • Disable “suggestions” that appear as notifications. To do so, follow these steps go to
      Settings, then select System, then click
      Notifications & actions
      and turnoff “Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what’s new and
      suggested”.
    • Disable “tips, tricks, and suggestions”. Head to Settings then select
      System, then click Notifications & Actions and disable the “Get tips, tricks, and suggestions as you use Windows” option.

Don't hesitate to reply on this thread if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

Why are so many threads "Locked"?

1. Why are so many threads "Locked"? - Similar Threads - Why are many

2. Why is the thread to my question locked.????????????????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the thread to my question locked.????????????????: why is the thread locked on a question i asked ?? says the question thread is locked from receiving future replies. why is it locked, is my first question. who locked it and why. But the bigger question is.....what does that even mean. What the hell is a "THREAD" and what did...
  3. Why is the thread to my question locked.????????????????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the thread to my question locked.????????????????: why is the thread locked on a question i asked ?? says the question thread is locked from receiving future replies. why is it locked, is my first question. who locked it and why. But the bigger question is.....what does that even mean. What the hell is a "THREAD" and what did...
  4. Why are so many threads locked when no solution was posted, and hundreds of people have the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are so many threads locked when no solution was posted, and hundreds of people have the...: Example: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files-winpc/windows-10-error-you-dont-have-permission-to-open/91f0d6a8-1766-45a3-a2bd-afea3398cc13 Over and over I have an issue with Windows or MS Office apps. The only resource is...
  5. why so many sign ins

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    why so many sign ins: Microsoft was so many sign ins,accounts,windows 10 passwords,security sign ins, my passwords are 123456 and still i get lock out why bother to make all this accounts with log in .passwords bing store,explorer,hello microsoft,security all making me dizzy and...
  6. Why so many repeat questions = "explorer will not refresh", why so many threads closed but...

Why so many repeat questions = "explorer will not refresh", why so many threads closed but...: So many people have the same issue, this is clear with so many of the same question. Dozens of Searches Why are threads closed when the issue is clearly not fixed? I found a quick fix = press F5, but that means you need to do this every time you delete or edit a file...
  7. Why So Many Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why So Many Updates?: This is a curiosity question: Why are we having so many updates for 1803? Does anyone have a handle on this. It is just an unusual number, and they just seem to "keep on coming". A screenshot is attached ... Thanks Sorry, looks like a double post for this one 117820
  8. Why So Many Updates?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why So Many Updates?: This is a curiosity question: Why are we having so many updates for 1803? Does anyone have a handle on this. It is just an unusual number, and they just seem to "keep on coming". A screenshot is attached ... Thanks Sorry, looks like a double post for this one 117820
  9. Why do so many unanswered threads get locked?/Scroll to bottom of page.

Why do so many unanswered threads get locked?/Scroll to bottom of page.: Only reason I ask is I've noticed a lot of people over the years have asked how to scroll to the bottom of a long web page quickly, and nobody (from the threads I looked at) seemed to know the answer. It's actually quite simple, just tap the "End" button on your keyboard....
  10. Why so many builds

in Windows 10 Support
    Why so many builds: I found this in the mail this morning Windows 10 S is ready for testing (but just barely) | ZDNet Now I am no expert or indeed am I that savvy re computing as some of you will know but I have to say that after using 7 for such a long time and going through what I saw (as I...