Windows 10: Why are some Extensions missing on the Microsoft Edge browser?

Discus and support Why are some Extensions missing on the Microsoft Edge browser? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Now that the new Microsoft Edge based on the Chromium engine is rolling out, you may find some of the extensions missing after the upgrade […]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 18, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Why are some Extensions missing on the Microsoft Edge browser?

WinClub, Jan 18, 2020

2. When will their be extension support for the Microsoft Edge browser?

Many are frustrated that the Edge browser does not have extension support for things like the LastPass password manager! A browser should not be released without extension support since many are already using password managers and other extensions. Now that
    Microsoft will no longer update and continue Internet Explorer, the most current and secure Microsoft browser is Edge. Here is a notice from Lastpass:

Does LastPass support Windows 10 Edge ?

Microsoft Edge is the new, default browser available with Windows 10: Download New Microsoft Edge Browser | Microsoft

Microsoft has not yet announced extension support for Edge browser. As soon as we can, we will offer a LastPass extension for Windows 10 Edge.

The LastPass extension can be downloaded to any other browser on Windows 10. Simply visit our download page:
    Download LastPass | LastPass to install the extension in the browser toolbar in Internet Explorer 11, Firefox, Chrome, or Opera.

The web vault at
    www.LastPass.com
    can also be used on Edge to view your passwords any time.

If you are seeing any issues, please feel free to open a ticket with details on your issue and steps to reproduce.

PLEASE Microsoft get support asap for extensions like this! Thank you very much!

Ernie Mink, Jan 18, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Jan 18, 2020
  4. Why are some Extensions missing on the Microsoft Edge browser?

Microsoft Edge - office online extension

Hi,
    Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We appreciate your efforts in trying to fix the issue with adding extension to Microsoft edge.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue:
    - What happens when you try to add an extension, do you get any error code?

Lets follow the below methods and see if this helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you refer the steps in the helps link to add find and add an extension in Microsoft edge.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ddd-0b58c8580a9f/extensions-in-microsoft-edge

Method 2: If you are not able to add an extension.

Suggest you go into in-private mode and try adding the an extension.

Refer the below link below to go into Private mode.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...3107495ee5/browse-inprivate-in-microsoft-edge

If the issue persist try the below method.

Method 3: View and delete browser history in Edge.

Follow the steps in the link below to delete browser history and cache memory and than try adding the extension.

View and delete browser history in Microsoft Edge:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10607/windows-10-view-delete-browser-history-microsoft-edge

Let us know if this helps.

Ashish Sondhi, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

Why are some Extensions missing on the Microsoft Edge browser?

1. Why are some Extensions missing on the Microsoft Edge browser? - Similar Threads - Why are Extensions

2. Microsoft Edge keeps restarting due to a browser extension

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Edge keeps restarting due to a browser extension: hi i have some problems with microsoft edge. it keeps crashing because of a browser extensionthe browser extension is something called "wRuleTest" idk what is this extension.but i something found in the C:\ProgramData. The folder is something called "Dvpjvm"at first i have no...
  3. Announcing the webhint v1 browser extension for Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing the webhint v1 browser extension for Microsoft Edge: We are thrilled to announce that the webhint browser extension has moved from beta to its v1 release and is now available for Insider builds of Microsoft Edge, as well as for Chrome and Firefox! The webhint browser extension allows you to easily scan a website and get...
  4. Icon for Microsoft edge browser missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon for Microsoft edge browser missing: On one of the more recent Insider build updates, my Microsoft Edge browser icon disappeared from the desktop. Does anyone have a way to replace it? I have looked for program details, etc. to try and replace it (eg using send to … desktop, but I cannot find the actual...
  5. How to manage, add, remove Extensions in new Microsoft Edge browser

in Windows 10 News
    How to manage, add, remove Extensions in new Microsoft Edge browser: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Chromium engine powers the new Microsoft Edge browser. With the support of the Chromium engine, it brings in support for extensions from the Chrome Web Store as well. However, Microsoft has posted a list of separate extensions that they [...] This post...
  6. myTube browser extension now available on Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    myTube browser extension now available on Microsoft Edge: myTube is a very popular but unofficial YouTube application developed for Windows 10 users. myTube is built on Microsoft Universal Windows Platform (UWP) and offers all the features available in the official YouTube application developed by Google. The myTube application has...
  7. ID SAFE and Edge Browser extension

in Browsers and Email
    ID SAFE and Edge Browser extension: I use a password manager extension for Norton ID safe,,, it was fine for a long time but then one day something went funky and now whenever I have extensions enabled (not even logged in to the ID safe extension) my browser gets slow, when I type to search for instance at...
  8. Unable to install some Edge extensions

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to install some Edge extensions: Some Edge extensions cannot be installed on my Windows 10 Professional. They report that they require Windows 10 version 15063 or higher. I am on the Anniversary update. How come they cannot be installed? 92876
  9. Microsoft Edge Browser Extension for Office Online Available for ....

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge Browser Extension for Office Online Available for ....: Microsoft Edge Browser Extension for Office Online Available for Fast Ring Testers [img] [img] It looks like Microsoft has added another browser extension in the Windows Store for their Microsoft Edge web browser. The Office Online browser extension for...
  10. Microsoft Accidentally Launches Edge Browser Extensions Website

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Accidentally Launches Edge Browser Extensions Website: Dedicated Microsoft Edge extensions page revealed early as new Redstone build nears [img] A user by the name of H0x0d on Twitter appears to have found a dedicated webpage from Microsoft asking Windows Insiders to begin testing Extensions for Microsoft Edge. The...