Windows 10: why are some functions of my file explorer not available?

Discus and support why are some functions of my file explorer not available? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Some functions in my file explorer are not available. An example, the delete function is not lit up, so I can not delete files on my SD card. Any idea... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BrenW2019, Jan 25, 2021.

1. BrenW2019 Win User

why are some functions of my file explorer not available?

Some functions in my file explorer are not available. An example, the delete function is not lit up, so I can not delete files on my SD card. Any idea how to make all of the functions available to use again?

Thanks!

Bren

:)

BrenW2019, Jan 25, 2021
  2. geno368 Win User

Some files listed in Windows Explorer are blue font

I seem to have run out of room on a Windows XP Pro system. I tried to defrag but don't have but 7% room available. I looked in Windows Explorer to try to find some huge files that might be corrupt and I see a few that are listed in blue. What does that mean? I have not compressed anything on purpose. Thanks

geno368, Jan 25, 2021
  3. Ralph Sta Win User
    File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Paolo Mag Win User

"This file can't be previewed" problem in explorer

Hi Deborah,

For us to provide an accurate resolution, kindly elaborate the issue by answering the questions listed below:

• Since when have you been experiencing this issue?
    • Were there any changes on your PC before this happened like software or updates installed?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the steps listed below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Access this link

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer
    • Delete all the files.
    • After deleting the files kindly try and see if there's a thumbnail preview of your files.

We're looking forward to your response.

Paolo Mag, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

1. why are some functions of my file explorer not available? - Similar Threads - why are functions

2. File Explorer function change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer function change: I frequently copy items from one folder by dragging into the folder address window. If I want to move something to the previous level of folder, I don't have to open another folder but just drag and drop from the folder I'm currently in. This action now gives me a "stop sign"...
  3. File Explorer function change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer function change: I frequently copy items from one folder by dragging into the folder address window. If I want to move something to the previous level of folder, I don't have to open another folder but just drag and drop from the folder I'm currently in. This action now gives me a "stop sign"...
  4. Why did Microsoft Change AND RUIN Windows File Explorer Functionality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did Microsoft Change AND RUIN Windows File Explorer Functionality: I used to say this was the best Windows version ever. Now, it aggravates me every day! The latest changes to "This Computer" and File Explorer are so annoying. It takes me several additional steps to see what I want. I love the tabs but put the "This Computer" back the way it...
  5. Why did Microsoft Change AND RUIN Windows File Explorer Functionality

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why did Microsoft Change AND RUIN Windows File Explorer Functionality: I used to say this was the best Windows version ever. Now, it aggravates me every day! The latest changes to "This Computer" and File Explorer are so annoying. It takes me several additional steps to see what I want. I love the tabs but put the "This Computer" back the way it...
  6. Why are some games not available in my country's microsoft store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are some games not available in my country's microsoft store?: I went to buy yakuza 0 from the store but it wasnt available specifically in the Egyptian store, however yakuza 1 & 2 are available for me.you cant buy yakuza 8 but you can buy the how to play guide.So it shouldn't be licensing or censoring issue. This happened with a couple...
  7. File explorer function not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer function not working: Customer called today about not being able to save attachments from Outlook 2016. Pop up on save saying cannot save. So updated OS to latest build 20h2, updated office 365 and checked updated drivers etc. Still issue. Tried saveas function in word and excel, browse does not...
  8. My File Explorer and Excel search functions are not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My File Explorer and Excel search functions are not working.: My File Explorer and Excel search functions are not working after installation of Titus Data classification tool. what could be the reason. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-file-explorer-and-excel-search-functions-are/785a5c32-aeaf-466a-a1db-b920d88d6b08
  9. Why is Windows File Explorer displaying wrong timestamp for some files

in Windows 10 Support
    Why is Windows File Explorer displaying wrong timestamp for some files: Please have a look at the screenshot. Windows File Explorer is displaying datetime stamp of 11/06/2020 6:33 pm, however if I right click on the file it displays a different Creation time. This has only happened to 4 files out of about 40. The rest of the files are showing the...
  10. file explorer does not function correctly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file explorer does not function correctly: the file explorer folders on my windows 10 have stopped opening when I click on the folders icon. No matter what folder I select from the folders in the folders icon, the computer just accumulates small windows along the top edge of the task bar. But none open up on the...