Windows 10: Why are some of my pinned Start Menu icons blue?

Discus and support Why are some of my pinned Start Menu icons blue? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. Thanks for helping in advance. So, I added Chrome and Firefox pinned to my start menu. However Firefox is blue while Chrome is the color gray... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tonightwetaco, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Why are some of my pinned Start Menu icons blue?

Hello. Thanks for helping in advance.

So, I added Chrome and Firefox pinned to my start menu. However Firefox is blue while Chrome is the color gray which I set as my default color. What gives? Thanks!

:)

tonightwetaco, Sep 19, 2017
  2. Jessen P Win User

Why are some of my icons on the desktop not solid images?

Hi Ian,

Since you say that the icons of the desktop are faint, I would request you to perform SFC scan and then check if it turns to solid images.

System file check is a utility built into the Operating System that will check for system file corruption the
    sfc /scannow command (System File Check) scans the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces incorrect, corrupted, changed, or damaged versions with the correct versions where possible.

I suggest you to try the steps provided, in the link below in order to run SFC scan on your computer.

System file check (SFC) Scan and Repair System Files & DISM to fix things SFC cannot

Please revert if the images are still not solid.

Jessen P, Sep 19, 2017
  3. IanSealy Win User
    Why are some of my icons on the desktop not solid images?

Original Title: windows 10 icons faint

Having just transferred all my data to a new computer why are some of my icons on the desktop not solid images? old machine was windows 10 as is the new one.

IanSealy, Sep 19, 2017
  4. Berton Win User

Why are some of my pinned Start Menu icons blue?

Do those Tiles change color when the programs are open? Could be that is a signal to make identification visually quick.

Berton, Sep 19, 2017
  5. Bree New Member
    It's up to the app authors to set the background for the app's tile/icon. The vast majority are transparent and will show whatever you choose as your default color, but it's not compulsory. Firefox chose to be different and use a solid blue, that's all.

Microsoft have used solid color for some of their icons too. News is red, Xbox is green and the Microsoft Solitaire Collection is dark blue.

6. wow that just sucks lol. thanks! now i know i cant do a darn thing about it

i cant even believe it. i mean people like color schemes and this just ruins it

tonightwetaco, Sep 21, 2017
  7. Edwin New Member
    Some applications apply their own Visual Elements along with a Manifest depicting the color. You would have to modify them yourself.

Why are some of my pinned Start Menu icons blue? [​IMG]

Edwin, Sep 21, 2017
  8. Why are some of my pinned Start Menu icons blue?

thanks Edwin i appreciate it

tonightwetaco, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Why are some of my pinned Start Menu icons blue?

1. Why are some of my pinned Start Menu icons blue? - Similar Threads - Why are pinned

2. Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?: Hi. There are two parts to this question about the Start menu icon groups.1. Why won't it let me move the TextPad icon bottom left into the gap in the gap in the icon group above it?2. Why have several icon groups all apart from Misc and Games suddenly greyed-out?And how can...
  3. Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?: Hi. There are two parts to this question about the Start menu icon groups.1. Why won't it let me move the TextPad icon bottom left into the gap in the gap in the icon group above it?2. Why have several icon groups all apart from Misc and Games suddenly greyed-out?And how can...
  4. Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Why are icons of some applications are appearing in start menu but not search menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why are icons of some applications are appearing in start menu but not search menu?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/3w4fhzigtbra1.png?width=649&format=png&auto=webp&s=c86e5e7427ac69cabfd38af3090440d644db8d5f https://preview.redd.it/ynk9qyigtbra1.png?width=652&format=png&auto=webp&s=062ee9ea000bac08e84f0c9dccf322f553c0b38b...
  6. modify pinned start menu icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    modify pinned start menu icons: how do you modify pinned start menu icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/modify-pinned-start-menu-icons/6610f75a-a87a-4dca-919e-987fbb9297d9
  7. modify pinned start menu icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    modify pinned start menu icons: how do you modify pinned start menu icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/modify-pinned-start-menu-icons/6610f75a-a87a-4dca-919e-987fbb9297d9
  8. Why are the icons of the start menu not colored??

Why are the icons of the start menu not colored??: Why are the icons of the start menu not colored??Even after selecting this ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-the-icons-of-the-start-menu-not-colored/e55262cd-239c-4623-935f-cdbc503e4bb3
  9. Pin to start menu icon cache

Pin to start menu icon cache: Hey guys, I changed the Google Chrome icon with resource hacker and it changed just about everywhere. Rebuild icon cache and all is well now when i pin it to the start menu its the old icon.. is their a start menu cache icons file I have to remove ? 167021
  10. Start menu pin icon problem

Start menu pin icon problem: Hello dear , after i'm install new version of windows 10 , my start menu icon not showing correctly . when i unpin this icon of below picture , after restart it's come back , when i need pin the app like the twitter , not pin and not showing the app . when click this app...