Windows 10: Why are some settings on my PC managed by an organization?? And how do I turn this off??

Discus and support Why are some settings on my PC managed by an organization?? And how do I turn this off?? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/eatmyturdsandwich [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/eatmyturdsandwich, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Why are some settings on my PC managed by an organization?? And how do I turn this off??

/u/eatmyturdsandwich, Jun 7, 2020
  2. denmarfl Win User

Windows10 Update "Some Settings are Managed by Your Organization"

When Windows updates alerts me to available new Updates Ready to be installed....in Red I now see "Some settings are Managed by Your organization"...Please see attachment ....

This began about 2 months ago following the creation of a new user Account. A Display issue was causing my Win10 Start List not to show any Text to the right of the programs in the lists and the solution to correct that issue from another Post here...suggested
    creating a new User account.... The instructions were detailed, I followed each step...the new User Account was created and it resolved the issue....

Following the creation of the New user acct, every time Window Updates are offered....the Alert in red "Some Settings are managed by Your organization" displays (see Attachment). The old User account never displayed this Alert.

Clicking on "View Configured Update Policies....it seems this alert is being caused by Mobile Device Management????

I have no idea what that means, or, how any settings would have been set to have some of my settings managed by your organization.

My PC is one of 3 PC's in my Home....it has never been connected to any organization...ie work, etc. During the creation of the New user account at no time was there anything that addressed Organization, Mobile devices during the creation of the New
    user Acct.

How do I remove this Alert?

Why are some settings on my PC managed by an organization?? And how do I turn this off?? 69a42b90-24e4-4b75-9083-9df4c1a3f767?upload=true.png

Why are some settings on my PC managed by an organization?? And how do I turn this off?? 875fafac-6adf-430e-b5a3-aa70a44121e9?upload=true.png

denmarfl, Jun 7, 2020
  3. "Some settings are managed by your organization"

I'm trying to enable app notifications, but the slider is grayed out, with a message at the top of the settings pane saying "Some settings are managed by your organization."

• I am not a member of any domain or network
    • The issue has persisted between an antivirus replacement and each of those antivirus programs being disabled
    • I've already tried setting telemetry to "enhanced" and to "full," as many people have suggested, but to no effect.
    • I also do not have the Group Policy Editor, as I am on Home edition, so I am unable to perform any of the fixes through that method.

What do I do?

HyperText404, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Why are some settings on my PC managed by an organization?? And how do I turn this off??

"Some settings are managed by your organization"

Hi,

Regarding the error message you're getting when trying to configure your Windows setting, you can check the resolutions provided on this
    thread and see if it helps.

You can also refer to the post of ReynoCampos on this
    thread
    about the error "This app is turned off by group policy", and apply the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Let us know how it goes.

Kerwin Lee, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Why are some settings on my PC managed by an organization?? And how do I turn this off??

1. Why are some settings on my PC managed by an organization?? And how do I turn this off?? - Similar Threads - Why are settings

2. how do I remove "some settings are managed by organization"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I remove "some settings are managed by organization": win 10 pro.. used to use Citrix to remote log to work but now removed. suspect CITREX installed group policy of "target release version for feature updates" . As far as I recall never joined windows insider program...
  3. how do I remove "some settings are managed by organization"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I remove "some settings are managed by organization": win 10 pro.. used to use Citrix to remote log to work but now removed. suspect CITREX installed group policy of "target release version for feature updates" . As far as I recall never joined windows insider program...
  4. how do I remove "some settings are managed by organization"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I turn off "some of these settings are managed by your organization"? I want to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn off "some of these settings are managed by your organization"? I want to...: I want to turn off 'security maintenance' 'autoplay' and 'print notification' but I can't because I can't turn on notifications and even though they're off I still receive them from these 3 apps which is very annoying. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks upfront...
  6. How do I turn off "some of these settings are managed by your organization"? I want to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I turn off "some of these settings are managed by your organization"? I want to...: I want to turn off 'security maintenance' 'autoplay' and 'print notification' but I can't because I can't turn on notifications and even though they're off I still receive them from these 3 apps which is very annoying. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks upfront...
  7. How do I turn off "some of these settings are managed by your organization"? I want to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Why does Settings say my computer is managed by an organization and how can I turn this off?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Settings say my computer is managed by an organization and how can I turn this off?: Hi Microsoft community, Whenever I open the settings app on my device, I see some settings are "Managed by my organization". My computer isn't even running Windows 10 Enterprise or linked to a work/school account! How do I turn this off? I want to change my settings!...
  9. how do I fix "Some settings are managed by your organization" ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how do I fix "Some settings are managed by your organization" ?: how do I fix "Some settings are managed by your organization" ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-fix-some-settings-are-managed-by-your/f330cc05-4961-4227-a7bb-abed8887a7f0
  10. Some settings are managed by my organization?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Some settings are managed by my organization?: A long while ago, when Win 10 privacy concerns were new, I ran some kind of utility that claimed to stop like 20 violations with one step. Fast forward to today, and I go to do Windows Update, and it tells me in red font color "*Some settings are managed by your organization"...