Windows 10: Why are some tiles in the Start Menu highlighted in white?

Discus and support Why are some tiles in the Start Menu highlighted in white? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Like the 2nd and 5th tiles here:What does it even mean?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DerekFH, Jan 25, 2023.

1. DerekFH Win User

Why are some tiles in the Start Menu highlighted in white?

Like the 2nd and 5th tiles here:What does it even mean?

:)

DerekFH, Jan 25, 2023
  2. Cliff S Win User

Start menu White box tile

If you would like to use one of these for your start menu tile, let me know. I will need the exact spelling and capitalization of the .exe file. For example for Macrium Reflect it's "reflect"(without quotes).

Why are some tiles in the Start Menu highlighted in white? 75341d1485965894t-start-menu-white-box-tile-opera_256.png

Why are some tiles in the Start Menu highlighted in white? 75342d1485965894t-start-menu-white-box-tile-opera.png

Why are some tiles in the Start Menu highlighted in white? 75343d1485965894t-start-menu-white-box-tile-browser-opera_1.png

You will get a tile pack with the png icon renamed and a manifest.xml file, you need to place in the folder with the .exe file. Then delete the shortcut and tile like I told you earlier, then you just right click the .exe and pin to start. Remember it is important to delete the icon in C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs first.

Cliff S, Jan 25, 2023
  3. mm75 Win User

Wait, wouldnt it be possible to use the default tile icon with your method as a temporary fix?

4. mm75 Win User

Nice! it worked!
    Interestingly there already was a similar file probably from the installation.

Why are some tiles in the Start Menu highlighted in white? 75466d1485965940t-start-menu-white-box-tile-operadefault.png

All the assets it was looking for are also in the right place

Why are some tiles in the Start Menu highlighted in white? 75469d1485965940t-start-menu-white-box-tile-operadefault2.png

Thema:

1. Why are some tiles in the Start Menu highlighted in white? - Similar Threads - Why are tiles

2. White boxes in Tiles in Start Menu, again

in Windows 10 Customization
    White boxes in Tiles in Start Menu, again: I've researched many recent threads about this and tried many of the solutions suggested. I get white boxes that show up in the upper left corner of tiles in the start menu. This is a VirtualBox VM running on a Windows 10 host. I have updated everything related to...
  3. White boxes in Tiles in Start Menu, again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White boxes in Tiles in Start Menu, again: I've researched many recent threads about this and tried many of the solutions suggested. I get white boxes that show up in the upper left corner of tiles in the start menu. This is a VirtualBox VM running on a Windows 10 host. I have updated everything related to...
  4. White boxes in Tiles in Start Menu, again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why are some tiles in the Start Menu highlighted in white?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are some tiles in the Start Menu highlighted in white?: Like the 2nd and 5th tiles here:What does it even mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-some-tiles-in-the-start-menu-highlighted/4c85ab0c-90e4-43ed-a923-4ad69b35a42b
  6. Why are some tiles in the Start Menu highlighted in white?

Why are some tiles in the Start Menu highlighted in white?: Like the 2nd and 5th tiles here:What does it even mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-some-tiles-in-the-start-menu-highlighted/4c85ab0c-90e4-43ed-a923-4ad69b35a42b
  7. Why is my Start Menu Tiles missing for?

Why is my Start Menu Tiles missing for?: Why does this happen? I don't think the apps are gone from the computer but I don't see the tiles on there. Why? This happened with the Microsoft Photo App I had to install it from the store. How does this happen? Could it be a virus? Or is it normal for it to do that because...
  8. Start menu tiles

Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...
  9. Why is it that some apps cannot have a big start menu tile?

Why is it that some apps cannot have a big start menu tile?: Why is it that some programs (like Edge, which I don't use), can have a bigger tile, on the start menu, and others (like Firefox, which I use) don't? thnx 24887
  10. Start menu White box tile

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu White box tile: I started having a problem (it used to display correctly, it just randomly changed without me doing anything) with the way opera web browser shows up in the start menu when it is pinned. It appears as just a white box without even a custom colour applied. Every other...