Windows 10: Why are some updates making my machine malfunction.Windows 10.Will not install and will not...

Discus and support Why are some updates making my machine malfunction.Windows 10.Will not install and will not... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; windows update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by skodaman1, Aug 4, 2018.

1. skodaman1 Win User

Why are some updates making my machine malfunction.Windows 10.Will not install and will not...

windows update

:)

skodaman1, Aug 4, 2018
  2. MrGenius Win User

Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Aug 4, 2018
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Aug 4, 2018
  4. Why are some updates making my machine malfunction.Windows 10.Will not install and will not...

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

Why are some updates making my machine malfunction.Windows 10.Will not install and will not...

1. Why are some updates making my machine malfunction.Windows 10.Will not install and will not... - Similar Threads - Why are updates

2. Why is my keyboard malfunctioning??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my keyboard malfunctioning??: Hello, can someone help me out? When I misclicked either f10, f11 or f12 on my acer laptop Windows 10, the "W" key is now replaced with U' and I have to press it again to make it a W. It also happens on the A and D key, I tried trouble shooting, installing and reinstalling...
  3. Why is my keyboard malfunctioning??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my keyboard malfunctioning??: Hello, can someone help me out? When I misclicked either f10, f11 or f12 on my acer laptop Windows 10, the "W" key is now replaced with U' and I have to press it again to make it a W. It also happens on the A and D key, I tried trouble shooting, installing and reinstalling...
  4. Some update were not installed why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some update were not installed why: Some update were not installed The following update were not installed Security update for windows KB3033929 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-update-were-not-installed-why/fe5ed5b1-638c-4f12-a8ae-2e17784bfff4
  5. Some update were not installed why

Some update were not installed why: Some update were not installed The following update were not installed Security update for windows KB3033929 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-update-were-not-installed-why/fe5ed5b1-638c-4f12-a8ae-2e17784bfff4
  6. Some apps are malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some apps are malfunctioning: Hey good morning everyone,I have a windows 11 HP laptop, for some reason Im not understanding, after I open the app, the close option i.e the doesn't work and the entire app malfunctions. I have attached a video file of my problem below. Please give a solution as soon as...
  7. Some apps are malfunctioning

Some apps are malfunctioning: Hey good morning everyone,I have a windows 11 HP laptop, for some reason Im not understanding, after I open the app, the close option i.e the doesn't work and the entire app malfunctions. I have attached a video file of my problem below. Please give a solution as soon as...
  8. some key are malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Customization
    some key are malfunctioning: My CTRL keu is working for mute and START & ALT keys are working for sleeep. please, help me. I am so frustrated with these setting. plesase, help me ... THANKYOU...
  9. Why is some preview updates installed automatically in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is some preview updates installed automatically in windows 10?: I have heard cumulative preview updates are optional. But sometime preview updates install by windows automatically in my PC. So my question is why is that....
  10. Make installation USB for Windows 10 on an Ubuntu machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Make installation USB for Windows 10 on an Ubuntu machine: I have a Windows 10 laptop and an Ubuntu desktop. The Windows 10 laptop burned out a hard disk and Lenovo gave me a new hard disk. And a link to download and install onto a USB my Windows 10 system on the new hard disk. But . Ubuntu doesn't read the exe file to download...