Windows 10: Why are some updates silent and others not?

Discus and support Why are some updates silent and others not? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; First of all I have automatic update in Group Policy set to notify for download (option 2). I have noticed that some updates like definition updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DigitalPixel, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Why are some updates silent and others not?

First of all I have automatic update in Group Policy set to notify for download (option 2). I have noticed that some updates like definition updates for defender antivirus gets updated without any notification. I know this because when I open up Reliability Monitor I can see anything that was updated. Other times I get a notification saying I need updates and the only thing listed might be a definition update and sometimes other things. Then I just click on the notification see what needs to be updated and all is good. So why are some definition updates being installed silently?

:)

DigitalPixel, Mar 21, 2019
  2. Pegasone Win User

Desktop App Converter - silent installer?

One of the requirements for successfully running the Desktop App Converter app, now available on Windows Store, is a silent installer for the desktop application to convert to appx package. I would like to ask the TenForums users for suggestions on creating such a silent (non-interactive) installer.

Update: NSIS can create silent installers Why are some updates silent and others not? :)

Pegasone, Mar 21, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Creators Update - silent installation

Steps For Silennt installation
    1) Download ISO File
    2) Mount ISO File
    3) Call Setup.exe with silent switch (/auto upgrade /quiet).
    Example H:\setup.exe /auto upgrade /quiet

Prabhu Shan, Mar 21, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Why are some updates silent and others not?

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Why are some updates silent and others not? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

Why are some updates silent and others not?

1. Why are some updates silent and others not? - Similar Threads - Why are updates

2. windows update silent update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows update silent update: hi guys i have setupcomplete.cmd how can i add silent update (update) for windows 10 21h1 pro x64 as in the picture t44ecs4.png 183334
  3. windows update silent update

in Windows 10 Support
    windows update silent update: hi guys i have setupcomplete.cmd how can i add silent update (update) for windows 10 21h1 pro x64 as in the picture t44ecs4.png 183334
  4. How to stop some updates while updating others.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to stop some updates while updating others.: I am updating my window 10 and. But one of the update Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool x64 - v5.84 KB890830 takes forever to be downloaded. Hence I switch off my PC now when I can back and reboot, the other updates which were already downloaded but Awaiting install...
  5. Some thumbnails are showing and others are not. WHY?!?!?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some thumbnails are showing and others are not. WHY?!?!?: Some of my thumbnails are showing and others are not. There is no rhyme or reason why this is happening. I've gone into "HOME: VIEW: OPTIONS: CHANGE FOLDER AND SEARCH OPTIONS: VIEW: and there, insured the check mark was NOT in "Always show icons, never thumbnails." What else...
  6. Why is Cortana able to launch some applications and not others?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is Cortana able to launch some applications and not others?: I'm just wondering why Cortana is able to launch, say, clementine music player or Audacity but not say trelby or MultiCommander? Is there any way to make Cortana aware of additional applications? submitted by /u/Leo_Grun [link] [comments]...
  7. Why are some USB controllers disableable and others not?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why are some USB controllers disableable and others not?: Why are some usbehci.sys USB controllers DN_DISABLEABLE and others not, even for controllers all provided by the same chipset and using the same driver?...
  8. Cortana on invoke responds to some queries (what time is it) but silently fails on others...

in Cortana
    Cortana on invoke responds to some queries (what time is it) but silently fails on others...: I'm using cortana on an invoke. If I ask "cortana, what time is it?" I get the right answer. If I say "Cortana, play the latest news" or "Cortana, play piano music", I get silence. In both cases, these skills used to work fine. The first would usually play a...
  9. Why are some updates silent and others not?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why are some updates silent and others not?: First of all I have automatic update in Group Policy set to notify for download (option 2). I have noticed that some updates like definition updates for defender antivirus gets updated without any notification. I know this because when I open up Reliability Monitor I can see...
  10. Some speakers are silent

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some speakers are silent: I have six speakers, all as shown in these screenshot, and they all play correctly when tested under either the Realtek or Windows dialogs. Dropbox - SpeakerProblem-02.jpg Yet when I play a track, whether from my HD or a CD, in any player application on my Win 10 PC,...