Windows 10: Why are some windows greyed out on Windows 10?

Discus and support Why are some windows greyed out on Windows 10? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey, I am using Microsoft Teams on Windows 10, but the window The opened Microsoft Teams app is much darker than other apps. Oddly enough, this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Christoph Hummler, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Why are some windows greyed out on Windows 10?

Hey,

I am using Microsoft Teams on Windows 10, but the window The opened Microsoft Teams app is much darker than other apps. Oddly enough, this problem only occurs with certain apps For example Microsoft Teams or OpenVPN Connect. Other apps such as Microsoft Word are displayed as normal.

Ok, this is really weird: As soon as I take a screenshot of my screen, the apps aren't greyed out anymore. That's why I took a picture of my monitor with my smartphone:

Why are some windows greyed out on Windows 10? f2aaba17-b5f2-4ee8-9cc8-76fdd85ee6ad?upload=true.jpg

This is how the screenshot looks like:

Why are some windows greyed out on Windows 10? [​IMG]

:)

Christoph Hummler, Oct 20, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Why are some windows greyed out on Windows 10?

Delta6326, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Why are some windows greyed out on Windows 10?

1. Why are some windows greyed out on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Why are greyed

2. Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?: Hi. There are two parts to this question about the Start menu icon groups.1. Why won't it let me move the TextPad icon bottom left into the gap in the gap in the icon group above it?2. Why have several icon groups all apart from Misc and Games suddenly greyed-out?And how can...
  3. Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?: Hi. There are two parts to this question about the Start menu icon groups.1. Why won't it let me move the TextPad icon bottom left into the gap in the gap in the icon group above it?2. Why have several icon groups all apart from Misc and Games suddenly greyed-out?And how can...
  4. Why are some Start menu icon groups greyed out?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. why are notifications greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why are notifications greyed out: Numerous apps Mail, Media Player, Devices, PowerPoint, etc. are grayed out in Notifications and I cannot turn them on or off. Why?I ran sfc /SCANNOW, restarted my PC and nothing changed, although there where a number of files that were fixed....
  6. Why is it greyed out?

Why is it greyed out?: And I can't even see the icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-it-greyed-out/d6e4699e-f0f8-4196-94d7-bad8bb8d2459
  7. Windows 10 Sandbox item is greyed out or greyed out

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Sandbox item is greyed out or greyed out: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The only way to enable Windows Sandbox feature is from the Turn Windows features on and off utility. There are various components in the background that support the functioning of this Windows Sandbox feature. It will work directly on the basis of [...] This...
  8. Windows 10 Some Start menu icons greyed out

Windows 10 Some Start menu icons greyed out: Some of my start screen icons have turned grey Not sure what is going on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-some-start-menu-icons-greyed-out/0612f1af-5c10-41c7-be6b-1295bfd0a9df
  9. Shell:Appsfolder: Some Icons Greyed Out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shell:Appsfolder: Some Icons Greyed Out: I just upgraded my laptop to 1803 and I've been reviewing all my programs and Apps in Shell:Appsfolder. Some of the Apps icons (e.g. Camera, Calendar & Calculator) are greyed out when large icons or tiles are selected but they display fine when small icons are chosen - see...
  10. Windows 10 Some Start menu icons greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Some Start menu icons greyed out: Some of my start menu icons appear greyed out, although I can still click on them and they work fine, just wondering if anybody knows how to fix it, have already tried sfc /scannow no errors found Also tried rebuilding icon cache as per here How to reset the icon cache...