Windows 10: Why are the Feedback Hub files stored within the OneDrive cloud storage?

Discus and support Why are the Feedback Hub files stored within the OneDrive cloud storage? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; MS gives registered members--isn't everyone these days?--5 GB of cloud storage to be used as deemed fit by those users. In my situation, they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jTELLYp, Feb 18, 2020.

1. jTELLYp Win User

Why are the Feedback Hub files stored within the OneDrive cloud storage?

MS gives registered members--isn't everyone these days?--5 GB of cloud storage to be used as deemed fit by those users.

In my situation, they immediately took back almost 3 GB 75% of that storage for their own use as a "Feedback Hub" folder, leaving me with barely 2 GB of storage to use for syncing 'important personal data'.

Dishonesty does not breed confidence, and for that reason I will not use the MS OneDrive foranything important. Perhaps they will have enough to use for their Feedback Hub files and folders. I will use my own storage, thank you.

JTP

:)

jTELLYp, Feb 18, 2020
  2. RichardC Win User

FeedBack Hub in OneDrive

I'm just curious as to why FeedBack Hub has been storing data on my PC under OneDrive? Is it necessary? It's grown to about half a gig. Is it safe to delete? Thanks in advance.

RichardC, Feb 18, 2020
  3. DouglasSY Win User
    is OneDrive storage in the Cloud?

is OneDrive storage in the Cloud?

DouglasSY, Feb 18, 2020
  4. Frick Win User

Cloud storage (aka Onedrive will suck so need to find something else)

So, I will have to move away from Onedrive, which is sad because it's frankly the best free cloud storage I know of. But as someone said: "Microsoft realized they accidentaly made a great service." and they'll change it so that starting soon this will happen (the things that affect me anyway):
    • 100 GB and 200 GB paid plans are going away as an option for new users and will be replaced with a 50 GB plan for $1.99 per month in early 2016.
    • Free OneDrive storage will decrease from 15 GB to 5 GB for all users, current and new. The 15 GB camera roll storage bonus will also be discontinued. These changes will start rolling out in early 2016.
    This is so much crap. I use the free version and yeah $1.99/month I probably could afford, but it still SUCKS. Seriously, I usually don't get the MS hate, but this is a poop-poop move.

So I need something new.

Dropbox is out. Too tiny. Google Drive might be an alternative, but I'd rather not, for ... reasons I can't remember right now.

What I need:
    • something like 15GB storage or so.
    • Automatic photo uploading from my phone (Android)
    • Preferably an actual app for Android (yes I know you can setup ES File Explorer and the like but that's usually pretty cumbersome)
    The simplest solution I'm actually leaning towards is just to give up and get a 100GB plan now (current 100/200GB plans will not be affected, in the future they won't be avaliable to new customers), but that's the easy way out. *Frown Why are the Feedback Hub files stored within the OneDrive cloud storage? :(

Frick, Feb 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Why are the Feedback Hub files stored within the OneDrive cloud storage? - Similar Threads - Why are Feedback

2. Store Not working; Feedback Hub Not Worrking

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Store Not working; Feedback Hub Not Worrking: I have been dealing with this for three years now. Very simply Microsoft Store does not work. In the interim, I have given hours to trying every remedy provided here. They have all failed. This is annoying, since some apps are exclusively distributed through the store. I have...
  3. Microsoft Store and Feedback Hub will not launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store and Feedback Hub will not launch: I'm trying to install a new printer on a new Dell Windows 10 machine and the only way to get the drivers for the printer is through the Microsoft Store. When I try to launch the Microsoft Store it comes up for about 3 seconds and then goes away with no error message. I went...
  4. Microsoft Store and Feedback Hub will not launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store and Feedback Hub will not launch: I'm trying to install a new printer on a new Dell Windows 10 machine and the only way to get the drivers for the printer is through the Microsoft Store. When I try to launch the Microsoft Store it comes up for about 3 seconds and then goes away with no error message. I went...
  5. Microsoft store and Feedback hub

Microsoft store and Feedback hub: My feedback hub and microsoft store wont open. i tried to reset feedback hub in settings apps and feature, but it just resets for hours. it wont even like open the app and close, they both just refuse to open. anyone have any idea?...
  6. Microsoft Store and Feedback Hub not working

Microsoft Store and Feedback Hub not working: Hi, My Microsoft Store is not opening. It gives error - "Page could not be loaded. Please try again." Code: 0x80131500 This is going on since many months. I tried so many methods mentioned on community forums and all latest Windows updates, but nothing successful. Could you...
  7. microsoft store and feedback hub not working

microsoft store and feedback hub not working: Microsoft store not opening, done wsreset.exe but error message "ms-windows-store:PurgeCached The app didn't start". Feed back hub and help also not working. Performed System file checker, no damaged files...
  8. FeedBack Hub in OneDrive

FeedBack Hub in OneDrive: I'm just curious as to why FeedBack Hub has been storing data on my PC under OneDrive? Is it necessary? It's grown to about half a gig. Is it safe to delete? Thanks in advance. 149859
  9. is OneDrive storage in the Cloud?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    is OneDrive storage in the Cloud?: is OneDrive storage in the Cloud? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-onedrive-storage-in-the-cloud/1b36ebfd-10ed-444a-82f2-1b4bc44cc7dd
  10. Store, Photos, Feedback Hub not working

Store, Photos, Feedback Hub not working: Hello community! I noticed yesterday that, all of a sudden, my photos wouldn't open in the Photos app, anymore. I would get an error message that the file was not found. [ATTACH] I repaired and reset the app to no avail, then uninstalled it via the Powershell with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. where are the feeback hub captures stored