Windows 10: Why are the icons so stretched? How do I fix this

Discus and support Why are the icons so stretched? How do I fix this in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/evoburpy [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/evoburpy, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Why are the icons so stretched? How do I fix this

/u/evoburpy, Dec 29, 2019

2. Screen Resolution Stretched

One evening my monitor went black and came back up immediately but the screen was stretched and icons large. I was able to adjust the icons but the screen was stretched. None of the screen resolution options have any affect on correcting the problem. Looking
    for suggestions, thank you.

SueFisher3, Dec 29, 2019
  3. Icons stretched off screen on left side.

So quite frequently I will come out of a game and all of my shortcuts will be stretched all the way down the screen on the left column. It looks like all of the icons are crammed into a single column on the left side. I know it is all of them because part of one of the shortcuts will be cut in half as it leaves the screen It doesn't have to be a full screen game either. I'll just come out of chrome and my icons will be super messed up. I am able to fix it but it happens so often and it takes so long to fix and it gets super annoying. There are also 2 icons that are towards the middle of the screen that I left there recently that weren't stretched out. I have no idea how to fix this. I looked around and found nothing. Please help. Here is a screenshot of what it looks like. Take note that i did not move the two icons in the middle as they were left alone for some reason by the "glitch". Thank you.

Why are the icons so stretched? How do I fix this [​IMG]

Deathbyhamster, Dec 29, 2019
  4. Why are the icons so stretched? How do I fix this

My Taskbar suddenly stretched out

Hello,

I realize that the Taskbar is stretched or extended in Windows. We will help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and check if the Lock the Taskbar
      is checked.
    • If it is checked, uncheck it and drag the taskbar down
      and check the taskbar to lock the taskbar again.
    • Check if the issue is resolved.
    Please post to us if the taskbar issue is resolved. We will help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

Why are the icons so stretched? How do I fix this

1. Why are the icons so stretched? How do I fix this - Similar Threads - Why are icons

2. How do I fix a stretched screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix a stretched screen?: Hello, Whenever I start my laptop, the windows boot screen and progressive ring are stretched. I've tried updating and rolling back drivers, I've used CMD, and more. I installed Windows 11 about a month ago on unsupported hardware....
  3. How do I fix a stretched screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix a stretched screen?: Hello, Whenever I start my laptop, the windows boot screen and progressive ring are stretched. I've tried updating and rolling back drivers, I've used CMD, and more. I installed Windows 11 about a month ago on unsupported hardware....
  4. How do I fix a stretched screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How do I fix a stretched screen?

6. My screen is stretch out how do I fix it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My screen is stretch out how do I fix it.: I have already checked through my display setting which 1980 x 1080, updated my drivers, and updated to the latest windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-is-stretch-out-how-do-i-fix-it/05189fa1-f33e-4a21-8f3b-63ffa9ccb213
  7. My screen is stretch out how do I fix it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My screen is stretch out how do I fix it.: I have already checked through my display setting which 1980 x 1080, updated my drivers, and updated to the latest windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-is-stretch-out-how-do-i-fix-it/05189fa1-f33e-4a21-8f3b-63ffa9ccb213
  8. My screen is stretch out how do I fix it.

9. How do I fix these Icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I fix these Icons?: Some of the shortcut icons do not match the other icons. I would like to have all my icons to match the ones on the left. How can I fix this? submitted by /u/Sheep_in_wolfs_skin [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l68dwh/how_do_i_fix_these_icons/
  10. How do I fix the stretched title bars on maximized desktop apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I fix the stretched title bars on maximized desktop apps: In Windows 10, there is a really annoying UI issue that hasn't been fixed since insider build before RTM. Basically, if you maximize a universal app, the size of the title bar and buttons stay the same. However, if you maximize a desktop app, the title bar becomes shorter,...