Windows 10: Why are the "Microsoft engineers" in this forum are almost always completely incompetent?

Discus and support Why are the "Microsoft engineers" in this forum are almost always completely incompetent? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I encounter some problem in Windows, I search Google for a solution. Often, the top result is this Microsoft forum post, and the second one is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jeong-hun, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Jeong-hun Win User

Why are the "Microsoft engineers" in this forum are almost always completely incompetent?

When I encounter some problem in Windows, I search Google for a solution. Often, the top result is this Microsoft forum post, and the second one is a post at SuperUser.com. Almost 100% of the time, the answer posted by a Microsoft employee here are completely useless. They are either inaccurate, or not even an answer to the said question. Sometimes, they don't even seem to have read the question: when the user asks "Is there a way to do X other than doing Y?", the stupid Microsoft engineer's reply is "Do Y." Finally, their answers resort to either "sfc checking" or "file a enhancement report".

Let's see a real example:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-make-the-weather-app-show-wind-speeds-in/13a5e68e-40b4-47b7-8c7e-7b9277e53f23

The problem is that the weather app shows wind speed, etc in Imperial unit. The Microsoft employee says change the "Show temperature in" setting to Celsius. This does not solve the problem. He must not have tried his own solution before answering it.

So, who are these "employees"? Are they actual humans or some sort of A.I. answering bots?

:)

Jeong-hun, Feb 17, 2021
  2. W1zzard Win User

Forum upgrade complete

The upgrade to XenForo 2 is now complete.

Please report any issues/requests/ideas in this thread.

TODO:
    • Look into style improvements
      (feel free to suggest ideas)
    • Custom post edit time limit addon
    Fixed:
    • PM sending throwing an error
    • Adjust maximum width
    • Add stats below avatars
    • Logout link missing on TPU main site
    • Forum not sending emails
    • Added posts per day
    • Add news boxes on forumhome
    • Highlight stickies better
    • Add long service badge
    • Add sigpic plugin
    • Look into avatar size for thread view
    • Heatware in BST
    • Sigquote

W1zzard, Feb 17, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Forum upgrade complete

Hey W1z, any comment on alternating row colors to make things easier to read in the thread lists?

Like this:

Why are the "Microsoft engineers" in this forum are almost always completely incompetent? suggestion-png.png

newtekie1, Feb 17, 2021
  4. RejZoR Win User

Why are the "Microsoft engineers" in this forum are almost always completely incompetent?

Forum upgrade complete

@W1zzard
    I've noticed listed subforums are positioned under the "Sub-forums:" text/label. To lower the vertical footprint, I suggest placing them next to the text/label. There are never so many of subforums that you'll run out of horizontal space.

Like so:
    Sub-forums: [AMD] [NVIDIA]

Instead of:
    Sub-forums:
    [AMD] [NVIDIA]

RejZoR, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Why are the "Microsoft engineers" in this forum are almost always completely incompetent? - Similar Threads - Why are Microsoft

2. why is microsoft and one drive so incredibly incompetent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is microsoft and one drive so incredibly incompetent: Ive never used onedrive in my entire life and one day i was like i wonder what it is cus ive always seen it on my desktop and never used it so i open it and it just started uploading stuff so i turned toggled off the folders it was uploading from and it just DELETES all my...
  3. why is microsoft and one drive so incredibly incompetent

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    why is microsoft and one drive so incredibly incompetent: Ive never used onedrive in my entire life and one day i was like i wonder what it is cus ive always seen it on my desktop and never used it so i open it and it just started uploading stuff so i turned toggled off the folders it was uploading from and it just DELETES all my...
  4. why is microsoft and one drive so incredibly incompetent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Incompetence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incompetence: Mr. Gates: Your employees match all the requirements for the Peter Principle. I had a system board replaced in an HP workstation which rendered the hard drive Bitlocker inoperable. HP told me to call Microsoft with the Bitlocker ID, so I did. After a total of 6 hours on the...
  6. Incompetence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incompetence: Mr. Gates: Your employees match all the requirements for the Peter Principle. I had a system board replaced in an HP workstation which rendered the hard drive Bitlocker inoperable. HP told me to call Microsoft with the Bitlocker ID, so I did. After a total of 6 hours on the...
  7. THANK YOU Forum Admin/Developers/Engineers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    THANK YOU Forum Admin/Developers/Engineers: Did not know where to put this, but hopefully the 'right people' will see it.I just noticed the Forum has been fixed so one can actually see everything properly, NOW, in Dark Mode. Oh, that is SO nice YAY & Thank You "Good things come to he who waits" Cheers,Drew...
  8. Incompetent system engineers and programmers deleted my stuff AGAIN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Incompetent system engineers and programmers deleted my stuff AGAIN: Once again with the windows update, I have lost all WIFI logins and all printers. How do I recover them without connecting to each and every one? If I roll back and delete your incompetent updates, will the restore themselves?...
  9. Incompetent Microsoft Rep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Incompetent Microsoft Rep: This is the worse advisor representing Microsoft, and I needed to highlight her name.. She is useless, and reflects badly on the brand. Her name is Dhanalakshmi. She lent no measurable help, and couldn't care less how long she keeps you waiting. what a wasted resource...
  10. What is this forum engine called

in Windows 10 Support
    What is this forum engine called: I think this forum engine is the nicest of all the 5 forums in our group. The fixed bar that shows the alert, conversations, etc at all times is very practical. No need to always have to navigate to the top of the page to find them. I wish we would get that also in the...