Windows 10: Why are the webcam "settings" on Windows 10 so bad?

Discus and support Why are the webcam "settings" on Windows 10 so bad? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; All modern smart phones have brilliant cameras with lots of different settings to do just about anything. Why is the webcam/camera settings so basic to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Furthy34, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Furthy34 Win User

Why are the webcam "settings" on Windows 10 so bad?

All modern smart phones have brilliant cameras with lots of different settings to do just about anything. Why is the webcam/camera settings so basic to the point that you can change almost nothing?

:)

Furthy34, Jun 21, 2020

2. Setting up a webcam as the camera default

Hi Kevin

Method 1: If the Webcam is listed under Devices and printers, please follow the steps.

a. Press Windows key + R

b. Type: control printers

c. Hit Enter

d. Check if the Logitech webcam is listed.

e. Right click on Logitech webcam.

f. Click on Set this device as default.

Follow method 2 if webcam is not listed.

Method 2: What best we can do is we can disable the Internal webcam. You will be able to enable the webcam anytime you want.

Please follow the steps to disable HP Envy Webcam.

a. Press Windows + X, click Device Manager.

b. Click Imaging devices.

c. Right click on webcam.

d. Click Disable.

Andre for Directly, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Jun 21, 2020
  4. Why are the webcam "settings" on Windows 10 so bad?

Webcam Problems?

Step One - go back to your computer mfgr's support site, register, and download the latest drivers and chipset software. When I visited Dell I found 9 as of yet uninstalled updates for my two yr old laptop!

Visit Adobe and check which version of Flash Player you're running, and D/L the latest version.

You should be good to go. Your webcam's controlled by your web browser but also authorized and either blocked or allowed by the identity software of sites you visit. Here's Coursera's instructions for fixing identity verification problems:

If you're having trouble with your webcam:

1. Check that your webcam is enabled and connected to your computer. Try a third-party tool like testwebcam.com -&nbspThis website is for sale! -&nbsptestwebcam Resources and Information..
    2. Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
    3. Check that you have the latest version of your browser or try using a different browser.
    4. If you’re using an external webcam, verify that you've installed your webcam's most recent driver software from the manufacturer.
    5. Try refreshing the page.
    6. Try switching to HTML5 webcam access by clicking the Switch to HTML5 link in the lower right hand corner of the webcam window.
    If you see a dialogue box entitled Adobe Flash Player Settings:

1. Click Close
    2. Click Allow
    If the webcam area is blank:

1. Right click on webcam area
    2. Select Settings
    3. In the Settings menu, click the webcam icon and change the camera option to match the webcam you are using
    Note to Google Chrome users: If the webcam area on the page is blank, and you can't access the Flash settings menu, click the small camera icon to the right of your browser bar and select "Always allow Coursera - Free Online Courses From Top Universities to access your camera and microphone."
    To allow Flash access manually (in Google Chrome):

1. Type chrome://plugins into your browser bar
    2. Find the Adobe Flash Player plugin
    3. Check Always allowed
    4. Quit Chrome and restart

graylingskies, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Why are the webcam "settings" on Windows 10 so bad?

1. Why are the webcam "settings" on Windows 10 so bad? - Similar Threads - Why are webcam

2. Why is windows photos so bad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is windows photos so bad?: Decided after 10+ years of using mac to change up and try windows. Wow worst mistake of my life considering all ive had is errors for 3 days and all ive managed to do is migrate my music from itunes to windows itunes.What a nightmare trying to import photos and videos into...
  3. Why windows is so bad

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why windows is so bad: this is the reason. Windows collects user data, is very slow, has to restart for changes in settings and much more. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-windows-is-so-bad/bd40aa36-4dbe-4052-acc2-3cba0873f04f
  4. Why windows is so bad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why windows is so bad: this is the reason. Windows collects user data, is very slow, has to restart for changes in settings and much more. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-windows-is-so-bad/bd40aa36-4dbe-4052-acc2-3cba0873f04f
  5. Why windows is so bad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Why is Windows 10 so Bad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is Windows 10 so Bad: I am fed up with Windows 10 and how it operates to print. I cannot find a way to default it from opening up another we page to view and print. It is a total useless and i would prefer to go back to previous version of windows as they were certainly more user friendly. Rant...
  7. Why is Windows 10 Bluetooth so so so bad ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is Windows 10 Bluetooth so so so bad ?: I am sick of connecting through Bluetooth on my Windows 10 1. Disconnects automatically randomly 2. Bluetooth is on but can't connect to the device because it tells that your bluetooth is off. 3. Devices appear when bluetooth is toggled off, disappear when toggled on. 4....
  8. Why is Windows 10 so bad?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why is Windows 10 so bad?: All, the unspoken rule is avoid the even numbered Win versions or releases....never more true then with Win 10...each successive update brings unreasonable challenges to users...anyone know if MS can be sued for an incessantly defective product? I have a fast SSD..etc...
  9. Why is windows 10 so bad?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is windows 10 so bad?: Windows 10 breaks easily with Microsoft's god damn updates. Sometimes it doesn't work correctly at all. Back in june I couldn't launch Overwatch and that went on until august when I installed Linux and low and behold using wine it started to work. Currently I am back on...
  10. Why is Windows so bad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is Windows so bad: Dear Microsoft, I am a Windows user since Windows 98, hell I even had 2 Windows Phones. But since yesterday after I reinstalled Windows 10 and I am still facing the exact same issues, I am ready to say good bye to it. Windows 10 is an operating system that fails to do...