Windows 10: Why are there 2 languages in Windows 10

Discus and support Why are there 2 languages in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear community I have a question regarding installing windows in UK language despite i live in Denmark. When i upgraded my windows i choose UK i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by wollabille, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Why are there 2 languages in Windows 10

Dear community

I have a question regarding installing windows in UK language despite i live in Denmark.

When i upgraded my windows i choose UK i had a UK win 7 before this. After the upgrade, i went and downloaded a UK ISO which i then reinstalled on my pc. All fine there.

Today i then notice that after searching for the calculator i couldnt find it, thinking hmm did they rename it, or simply not adding it. So i googled it, and the answer was windos+r and type in Calc. Ok hmm why, was my question. To my surprice when i then got it open i see that my calculator is in Danish?? Which is called a Lommeregner for the non danes so ofc after pressing start and searching for lom.... it finds it.

So my question is why is this in danish, i have then found out that some apps are in Danish after searching in all apps. For example my alarm and clock, pictures, movies and tv, groove music, Get office, calendar, camera, maps and some more just to mention a few. I did a clean install with UK windows, so why are some of my programs in danish?
    And how can i change it. Only thing i have set in Windows to be Danish is region and keyboard settings. Language of the system is set to UK.

:)

wollabille, Aug 13, 2015

2. Why there are 2-IE in my w10?

Hello Gray:

Your reply solve my question. Thanks!

My window is 64 bit. If I use the APP in the "Program File(x86)"

and another user's OS is 32 bit, but he opens the APP in the

"Program File" to use, what will happen?

Sorry for endless questions. --Zhao

HonglinZhao, Aug 13, 2015
  3. graye Win User
    Why there are 2-IE in my w10?

The folder with "x86" in it is the 32 bit one...

graye, Aug 13, 2015
  4. Why are there 2 languages in Windows 10

Try to remove Danish first from Keyboard and reboot. See if you still have Danish apps
    Go there to see if you can remove Danish: Search windows/Settings/Time and language
    If it's there delete it.

Or

Search windows/Settings/Time and language/Related Settings/Additional date.time.& Regional Settings/Advanced Settings: See if Danish is there and remove it.

Otherwise I'm afraid that you have corrupted files. Did you get the ISO file from Microsoft?
    There ain't that much differences using English US for you. We don't see these things when clean install in US language. If you don't find Danish anywhere, you'll have to redo a clean install.

My main language is Eng US but I have French for the keyboard and I never experience such problems.
    Download Windows 10 RTM Build 10240 ISO - Microsoft News

Good luck!

MikeMecanic, Aug 13, 2015
Thema:

Why are there 2 languages in Windows 10

1. Why are there 2 languages in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Why are languages

2. Why language remain in bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why language remain in bar?: 2 languages in setting remained, but deleted option remain still in bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-language-remain-in-bar/c91fab47-3c37-44df-93f4-db123893bfdc
  3. Why language remain in bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why language remain in bar?: 2 languages in setting remained, but deleted option remain still in bar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-language-remain-in-bar/c91fab47-3c37-44df-93f4-db123893bfdc
  4. Windows 10 explorer displays text in 2 languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 explorer displays text in 2 languages: hi Something strange started happening since last week in my explorer, as outlined in the image below. As you can see, the highlighted text is not following the system language I have set Portuguese - Portugal. Everything else is as it should be.I noticed this last week,...
  5. Windows 10 explorer displays text in 2 languages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 explorer displays text in 2 languages: hi Something strange started happening since last week in my explorer, as outlined in the image below. As you can see, the highlighted text is not following the system language I have set Portuguese - Portugal. Everything else is as it should be.I noticed this last week,...
  6. Windows 10 Language

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Language: Hi all, I recently purshased a Intel Mini PC NUC with Windows Pro from a vendor located in the Netherlands. When I set-up the PC, I turned it up and the configuration language for creating a Windows accounts, seleting preferences voice recognition, adverstisements, etc...
  7. Why is windows 10 is two different languages? Russian and English

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is windows 10 is two different languages? Russian and English: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/danielsebastian9 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gkdm87/why_is_windows_10_is_two_different_languages/
  8. 2 languages in a battle with each other

in Windows 10 Support
    2 languages in a battle with each other: Hallo all, after searching help from anywere: Outcome of PowerShell code to remove language in Windows10 - Windows 10 Forums In the control panel I found both languages set and combine together: I used this step guide: 1. Control panel 2. part Clock and region 3. Region -...
  9. 2 languages in a battle with each othere

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    2 languages in a battle with each othere: Hallo all, after searching help from anywere: Outcome of PowerShell code to remove language in Windows10 - Windows 10 Forums In the control panel I found both languages set and combine together: I used this step guide: 1. Control panel 2. part Clock and region 3. Region -...
  10. Why only three languages

in Windows 10 Support
    Why only three languages: I expect this has come up before, but why English, Chinese and Portuguese? 3268

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why there are three languages win 10