Windows 10: Why are there apps pre-installed? Why do I have to turn off s-mode to install apps like...

Discus and support Why are there apps pre-installed? Why do I have to turn off s-mode to install apps like... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft/Windows or what-have-you, I was an advocate for Windows but now, I've had enough. I would like to know why you chose to include xbox... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by courtneypollard, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Why are there apps pre-installed? Why do I have to turn off s-mode to install apps like...

Dear Microsoft/Windows or what-have-you,

I was an advocate for Windows but now, I've had enough.

I would like to know why you chose to include xbox in my pre-installed list of apps that I will never use. Honestly, when someone is making a purchase for a device, I say you should let them chose what apps are pre-installed on to the computer besides the basic apps that we need to make the computer run. But seriously, I'm tired of installing a new update to this already trash system that looks outdated no matter how many times I update it. Not only that, why do I have to do a WHOLE PROCESS of going out of s mode to install an app on my computer? I feel as though there is a better way to make sure people don't install viruses...say a firewall or virus protection! That'd be GREAT to have on the computer! Gee, better than xbox! So you sign a deal with a gaming company but not a company that can REALLY ensure the protection of our computers. Says alot about your priorities there. It's like, I have to do all these steps JUST TO install things I actually need on MY LAPTOP I purchased with MY MONEY. Hey, if you want theses pre-installed apps on YOUR LAPTOP Microsoft, I suggest you buy a laptop with YOUR MONEY and install them. You guys can't even maintain not to be hacked every once in awhile. How about this, cut your ties and merge with a company that knows what they are doing. It seems Microsoft needs to progress in a different direction. Not only does your design scream, "We need a major makeover, we're stuck in old time" but the apps do too. If you're going to make me go through all these steps to install things I need on my computer, the LEAST you could do is have alternative apps I could use IN THE MICROSOFT STORE. Like the microsoft store is probably the least used app across the board because why? The only apps you have are Mircosoft apps and games...really? Do you know how counterproductive that is? And then Microsoft Edge...no matter how many times you change the design, it still doesn't function as great as Google Chrome. So, stop trying to be 'unique' or 'one of a kind' or just fire your team and hire new minds to help this company stop crashing into the dirt and going in flames. If you're trying to only appease to the older generation, that's great but they will die soon and then what. Sorry to be morbid but it's the truth. You need to appease to 18-40 year olds. no 6-17 and then 40-80 year olds. That's what your company tells me.

You've been in the game too long to make these rookie mistakes.

:)

courtneypollard, Dec 4, 2020
  2. HasZK Win User

Newroom App (pre-installed with Mango) Doesn't Launch

The Newsroom app/tile that was pre-installed (Mango) doesn't fully launch anymore after I added a stock to my list of stocks tracked. The app starts up and then it goes back to the main tile screen almost immediately. I looked for settings for this app
    and couldn't find any and went to the Marketplace to re-purchase/re-install, but couldn't find the app. Any suggestions to fix? Thanks.

HasZK, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    Weather App not working windows 8.1

it comes pre installed. as a default app

Solaris17, Dec 4, 2020
  4. rk3066 Win User

Why are there apps pre-installed? Why do I have to turn off s-mode to install apps like...

Having such hard time installing this Driver

I have a OurLink RTK8192 Wireless Adapter and I've tried everything in the book but nothing seems to work and yes I've gone through the CD and there's no Install App. for Linux only for Windows though i have installed on there.

Give me A step-by-step copy/paste guide please

rk3066, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Why are there apps pre-installed? Why do I have to turn off s-mode to install apps like...

1. Why are there apps pre-installed? Why do I have to turn off s-mode to install apps like... - Similar Threads - Why are apps

2. Why do I not have background app permissions for Xbox if my computer is not in S mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I not have background app permissions for Xbox if my computer is not in S mode: I am just getting tired of trying to find an answer, I've been trying for months.. Since December and I have not found a fix... So hopefully someone here has an aswer to find background app permissions for Xbox Game Bar or Xbox app itself....
  3. Why do I not have background app permissions for Xbox if my computer is not in S mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why do I not have background app permissions for Xbox if my computer is not in S mode: I am just getting tired of trying to find an answer, I've been trying for months.. Since December and I have not found a fix... So hopefully someone here has an aswer to find background app permissions for Xbox Game Bar or Xbox app itself....
  4. why cant i install apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why cant i install apps: i have been trying to download apps for a while and all are saying error and when i went into the troubleshoot compatibility button after left clicking on the app installer and it sayes the troubleshoot wizard cant continue...
  5. Why am I having these stuff in my start menu? and many pre-installed apps like notepad,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I having these stuff in my start menu? and many pre-installed apps like notepad,...: I just upgraded my PC to Windows 11 and noticed that many apps were missing, so I scrolled through the start menu and I saw this stuff. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-having-these-stuff-in-my-start-menu-and/46ebf89f-2d47-4140-b615-bbeec98e9518
  6. Why am I having these stuff in my start menu? and many pre-installed apps like notepad,...

Why am I having these stuff in my start menu? and many pre-installed apps like notepad,...: I just upgraded my PC to Windows 11 and noticed that many apps were missing, so I scrolled through the start menu and I saw this stuff. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-having-these-stuff-in-my-start-menu-and/46ebf89f-2d47-4140-b615-bbeec98e9518
  7. Pre installed apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pre installed apps: Hey, I want to do a factory reset on my Acer predator laptop.Here are my questions, just to be sure.I want to remove EVERYTHING. I want to remove everything except for the pre installed apps, is it possible?If I do a factory reset of my windows 11 Acer Predator laptop, will I...
  8. Pre installed apps

Pre installed apps: Hey, I want to do a factory reset on my Acer predator laptop.Here are my questions, just to be sure.I want to remove EVERYTHING. I want to remove everything except for the pre installed apps, is it possible?If I do a factory reset of my windows 11 Acer Predator laptop, will I...
  9. Why is this app like this?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is this app like this?: Apparently, while scrolling down my start menu, I found an entry called "ms-resource:AppListName". When I click on it, it opens the People app, but why is this appearing like this?This was a fresh install of Windows 10, and it only happened when I decided to update all the...
  10. Pre installed Apps

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Pre installed Apps: i want my pre installed apps back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pre-installed-apps/c5a54a30-2bab-4f63-876d-10191373ae9e