Windows 10: Why are there less tile sizes in Win32 than UWP?

Discus and support Why are there less tile sizes in Win32 than UWP? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why do Win32 apps not have these tile sizes while UWP does:WideLargeIt just doesn't really make sense that Win32 apps don't have those tile sizes. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mrowy-Meowy-Mrow-Meow, May 6, 2021.

1. Why are there less tile sizes in Win32 than UWP?

Why do Win32 apps not have these tile sizes while UWP does:WideLargeIt just doesn't really make sense that Win32 apps don't have those tile sizes. It would be really useful if/when it is added.

:)

Mrowy-Meowy-Mrow-Meow, May 6, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

UWP Tile Generator Extension for Visual Studio

Source: UWP Tile Generator Extension for Visual Studio | Building Apps for Windows

Brink, May 6, 2021
  3. Mitjah Win User
    i changed type size, , but file explorer doesn't

File Explorer is a Win32 application and unlike Modern UWP applications Win32 applications have issues when you adjust font size. I suggest you to put the font size back to 100% and increase Windows scaling to 125%. in Display under Settings.

Mitjah, May 6, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Why are there less tile sizes in Win32 than UWP?

Differentiate UWP apps from win32/64 software.

Hi Martin

Typically a Win32/64bit application will have a standard menu system (File, edit, tools . . etc)

Typically, a UWP app will have 3 dots menu at the top right or left where all options are accessible from

The only conclusive way to know is to open the App, then open Task Manager, and choose the processes tab on Task Manager.

Find the application in the list of running processes, right click and choose 'Open File Location

If the file location is the WindowsApps folder in Program Files, or Windows 10 refuses to open the folder, then it is a UWP App, because Win32 apps are stored in their own folder in Program Files (x86) and 64bit applications are stored in their own folder in
    Program Files . . .

DaveM121, May 6, 2021
Thema:

Why are there less tile sizes in Win32 than UWP?

1. Why are there less tile sizes in Win32 than UWP? - Similar Threads - Why are less

2. Microsoft wants to unify UWP and Win32 with Project Reunion

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft wants to unify UWP and Win32 with Project Reunion: Microsoft's virtual Build 2020 conference started today and one of the major announcements that Microsoft made today unveiled Project Reunion officially. Project Reunion is Microsoft's attempt at bringing Win32 programs and UWP applications together. The company hopes that...
  3. Microsoft is unifying Win32 and Windows 10 UWP development

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is unifying Win32 and Windows 10 UWP development: It has been reported that Microsoft is moving away from Universal Windows Apps based on the UWP and instead focusing on desktop-style apps. Some journalists have also claimed that Micorosft’s UWP platform has failed, but that’s not entirely true. For Microsoft, the future...
  4. Differentiate UWP apps from win32/64 software.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Differentiate UWP apps from win32/64 software.: Hello everybody, I wonder, what is the easiest way to determine if a software is a UWP app or a win32/64 software? Thanks and greetings, Martin...
  5. Custom UWP app Tiles?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom UWP app Tiles?: Hey all, I recently got super interested in having a customized Start menu with consistent icons, and found an app on the Microsoft Store (EdgeTile Creators), that allows you to create custom icons for .exe's on your computer. That said, there's no way to do this with UWP...
  6. how do you change the size of the display less than 100%

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do you change the size of the display less than 100%: how do you change the size of the display to go below 100%? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-you-change-the-size-of-the-display-less/3850f3aa-2672-4ed5-92ff-22589d54dbb3
  7. Microsoft wants to close the UWP and Win32 divide with Windows Apps

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft wants to close the UWP and Win32 divide with Windows Apps: Is Microsoft's UWP going away? Is the Microsoft Store on its way out? Microsoft Corporate VP Kevin Gallo explains the latest twists in Microsoft's long and winding Windows developer platform strategy. For months, many pundits, partners and customers have wondered aloud...
  8. WiFi Direct Windows10 UWP Win32

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Direct Windows10 UWP Win32: I'm trying to call WinRT library in a win32 application to implement a file transferring function with wifi direct. the function WiFiDirectDevice.FromIdAsync(connectionRequest.DeviceInformation.Id) works well in the UWP application, but it always returns null in the win32...
  9. Why PC has less-services than my laptop.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why PC has less-services than my laptop.: The PC has 2GB RAM, when I saw the Task Manager, it doesnt have many services as my laptop has, it doesnt have like Service Local Host etc. It's memory is only 36% but my laptop, has Service Local Host etc and many services has 60% (Note: The PC has only one system service...
  10. Tile Size limited

in Windows 10 Support
    Tile Size limited: Trying to resize some of my tiles on the Windows 10 start menu. I have added Outlook 2016 and want to set it to Wide but the only options are Small & Medium. How do I get all the options on the resize? 35119