Windows 10: Why are there less tile sizes in Win32 than UWP?

Discus and support Why are there less tile sizes in Win32 than UWP? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why do Win32 apps not have these tile sizes while UWP does:WideLargeIt just doesn't really make sense that Win32 apps don't have those tile sizes. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mrowy-Meowy-Mrow-Meow, May 6, 2021.

1. Why are there less tile sizes in Win32 than UWP?

Why do Win32 apps not have these tile sizes while UWP does:WideLargeIt just doesn't really make sense that Win32 apps don't have those tile sizes. It would be really useful if/when it is added.

:)

Mrowy-Meowy-Mrow-Meow, May 6, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

UWP Tile Generator Extension for Visual Studio

Source: UWP Tile Generator Extension for Visual Studio | Building Apps for Windows

Brink, May 6, 2021
  3. Mitjah Win User
    i changed type size, , but file explorer doesn't

File Explorer is a Win32 application and unlike Modern UWP applications Win32 applications have issues when you adjust font size. I suggest you to put the font size back to 100% and increase Windows scaling to 125%. in Display under Settings.

Mitjah, May 6, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Why are there less tile sizes in Win32 than UWP?

Differentiate UWP apps from win32/64 software.

Hi Martin

Typically a Win32/64bit application will have a standard menu system (File, edit, tools . . etc)

Typically, a UWP app will have 3 dots menu at the top right or left where all options are accessible from

The only conclusive way to know is to open the App, then open Task Manager, and choose the processes tab on Task Manager.

Find the application in the list of running processes, right click and choose 'Open File Location

If the file location is the WindowsApps folder in Program Files, or Windows 10 refuses to open the folder, then it is a UWP App, because Win32 apps are stored in their own folder in Program Files (x86) and 64bit applications are stored in their own folder in
    Program Files . . .

DaveM121, May 6, 2021
Thema:

Why are there less tile sizes in Win32 than UWP?

1. Why are there less tile sizes in Win32 than UWP? - Similar Threads - Why are less

2. The size of Extent is less than minimum.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The size of Extent is less than minimum.: I had accidentally converted my primary Windows C drive to a basic disk, instead of the default one. So, currently I have 488.28GB of unallocated space on my system. P.S: I had put a new SSD of 1TB storage to my laptop a few days ago. I had created 2 partitions of 500GB each,...
  3. The size of Extent is less than minimum.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The size of Extent is less than minimum.: I had accidentally converted my primary Windows C drive to a basic disk, instead of the default one. So, currently I have 488.28GB of unallocated space on my system. P.S: I had put a new SSD of 1TB storage to my laptop a few days ago. I had created 2 partitions of 500GB each,...
  4. SSD size shows less than expected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD size shows less than expected: I have msi gf63 thin 9scxr gaming laptop and bought it in fall of 2020. to this day i used to believe it had 270gb in total, only 150gb available but as i searched further it was supposed to be 512gb which equals to 476gb in msinfo32. why does it show like this.?grateful for...
  5. SSD size shows less than expected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD size shows less than expected: I have msi gf63 thin 9scxr gaming laptop and bought it in fall of 2020. to this day i used to believe it had 270gb in total, only 150gb available but as i searched further it was supposed to be 512gb which equals to 476gb in msinfo32. why does it show like this.?grateful for...
  6. SSD size shows less than expected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Why is the size of this folder smaller than it actually is?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the size of this folder smaller than it actually is?: My music folder, when i hit properties to check its weight it says 122 GB but then it will say in parentheses “131,430,466,016 bytes” that’s almost 10 GB that it’s not showing. I have the option “show hidden elements” activated. What could this be?...
  8. Custom UWP app Tiles?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom UWP app Tiles?: Hey all, I recently got super interested in having a customized Start menu with consistent icons, and found an app on the Microsoft Store (EdgeTile Creators), that allows you to create custom icons for .exe's on your computer. That said, there's no way to do this with UWP...
  9. WiFi Direct Windows10 UWP Win32

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Direct Windows10 UWP Win32: I'm trying to call WinRT library in a win32 application to implement a file transferring function with wifi direct. the function WiFiDirectDevice.FromIdAsync(connectionRequest.DeviceInformation.Id) works well in the UWP application, but it always returns null in the win32...
  10. Tile Size limited

in Windows 10 Support
    Tile Size limited: Trying to resize some of my tiles on the Windows 10 start menu. I have added Outlook 2016 and want to set it to Wide but the only options are Small & Medium. How do I get all the options on the resize? 35119