Windows 10: Why are there multiple instances of Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Edge Update in Task Manager?

Discus and support Why are there multiple instances of Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Edge Update in Task Manager? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]When using Microsoft Edge, if you open Task Manager, then you will notice that […] This article Why are there multiple instances of Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 30, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Why are there multiple instances of Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Edge Update in Task Manager?

WinClub, Jan 30, 2021

2. Multiple Instances of Microsoft Edge Update (32 bit) In Task Manager

Thanks! Just checked and only found the one listed as running. I've included a screenshot.

Why are there multiple instances of Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Edge Update in Task Manager? [​IMG]

TedWheelan, Jan 30, 2021
  3. Multiple Instances of Microsoft Edge Update (32 bit) In Task Manager

Hello. I have multiple instances of Microsoft Edge Update appearing in task manager. Most I checked open to its file location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\EdgeUpdate

I couldn't check them all, there's so many. Is this normal?

Why are there multiple instances of Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Edge Update in Task Manager? [​IMG]

TedWheelan, Jan 30, 2021
  4. Why are there multiple instances of Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Edge Update in Task Manager?

Multiple Instances of Microsoft Edge Update (32 bit) In Task Manager

Oh, sorry. I've widen the window.

TedWheelan, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

Why are there multiple instances of Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Edge Update in Task Manager?

1. Why are there multiple instances of Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Edge Update in Task Manager? - Similar Threads - Why are multiple

2. Microsoft Edge Webview running a lot in task manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge Webview running a lot in task manager: In Search, there aren't usually that many processes in it, like 3 or 4, but now, there are 14.A lot of it is Microsoft Edge WebView2. I noticed this was added to the weather app which makes it a lot like a web browser do to all the ads. It's really annoying when all I want is...
  3. Multiple Microsoft Edge processes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple Microsoft Edge processes: Once I close all my ME tabs there are still processes running in Task Manager, which end up slowing down the PC, and make other apps crash on their startup. Is there any way to have them finish as soon as I close every tab, instead of having to do it manually with Task...
  4. Multiple Microsoft Edge processes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Microsoft Edge processes: Once I close all my ME tabs there are still processes running in Task Manager, which end up slowing down the PC, and make other apps crash on their startup. Is there any way to have them finish as soon as I close every tab, instead of having to do it manually with Task...
  5. Multiple Microsoft Edge processes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Multiple instances for Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiple instances for Microsoft Edge: When I open my Edge with just 1 tab, it create 4 instances or 10 instances at the Task Manager. This also happens with Messenger and Opera Browser. I am using Windows 10 Home with windows update. [ATTACH]...
  7. Microsoft Edge Update Service multiple instances

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Update Service multiple instances: When I open task manager I noticed there are more than 20 processes Microsoft Edge Update (32 bit). Is it normal? I don't think its normal. How do i stop this? I don't even use Edge [img] 171454
  8. Multiple Instances of Microsoft Edge Update (32 bit) In Task Manager

in Browsers and Email
    Multiple Instances of Microsoft Edge Update (32 bit) In Task Manager: Hello. I have multiple instances of Microsoft Edge Update appearing in task manager. Most I checked open to its file location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\EdgeUpdate I couldn't check them all, there's so many. Is this normal? [img] 168838
  9. Microsoft Edge has a built-in Task manager, neat!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge has a built-in Task manager, neat!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lMarcusAureliusl [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gzv1yg/microsoft_edge_has_a_builtin_task_manager_neat/
  10. Multiple instances of Edge, Chrome, Spotify, AutoCAD and other apps running in task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple instances of Edge, Chrome, Spotify, AutoCAD and other apps running in task manager: I always seem to have between 6 and 8 instances of Edge running on my system. If I try and close down any of them, they start back up again. But as soon as I close the, they don't seem to affect Edge at all? Some instances of it are using around 300meg of ram, while...