Windows 10: Why are there pop ups for other programs since clean install of Opera 63?

Discus and support Why are there pop ups for other programs since clean install of Opera 63? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Yesterday, I uninstalled Opera 64 beta and did a clean install of public version 63, then copying in the previous profile folder, which among other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by highstream, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Why are there pop ups for other programs since clean install of Opera 63?

Yesterday, I uninstalled Opera 64 beta and did a clean install of public version 63, then copying in the previous profile folder, which among other things set Opera again as the default browser. Since then, every (first) time I open another program, from MS Office programs, a PDF viewer, media player and several more, I'm prompted by a pop up to indicate which app to use. It's doing this even though in Win 10 Default Programs nothing has changed and the pop up shows the existing default choice. Are these pop ups Windows doing? If so, what's the point? Win 10 1903 (OS Build 18362.295).

:)

highstream, Sep 9, 2019
  2. ranjit Win User

annoying pop up

Why are there pop ups for other programs since clean install of Opera 63? [​IMG]

i constantly get this pop up every 15-20 minutes. i checked in the installed programs but it is not showing. i tried to stop the service (disable) but it is not showing in list of services. please help me un-install it. I am sure that it is related to O.S as this pop up comes as i use different programs (in the above case it is opera browser)

ranjit, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Sep 9, 2019
  4. Why are there pop ups for other programs since clean install of Opera 63?

? Block pop-ups in Edge on the phone

Hello,

Pop-ups or pop-up ads are online advertisement that opens a new browser window when clicked or when the website was accessed. For now, the feature of blocking pop-ups or pop-up ads is available for browsers installed on PC's or desktops.

We request that you file this or up-vote an existing feature suggestion using the Windows Feedback Hub app. To submit a new feedback/suggestion, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback Hub app or press and hold Volume
      Down+Power button for about 2-3 secs to launch the Feedback Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the add button (+).
    • Select Suggestion and fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category for the suggestion and then submit.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

Why are there pop ups for other programs since clean install of Opera 63?

1. Why are there pop ups for other programs since clean install of Opera 63? - Similar Threads - Why are pop

2. Clean Windows install takes up 280GB, why????

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clean Windows install takes up 280GB, why????: Hi,I just did a clean install of Windows 10 and I installed absolutely nothing, but it says that Windows is taking up over 280GB of storage. I want to know the reason why it is taking up so much space. 280 GB is a lot and that's like pretty much half of my HDD storage.Any...
  3. Clean Windows install takes up 280GB, why????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean Windows install takes up 280GB, why????: Hi,I just did a clean install of Windows 10 and I installed absolutely nothing, but it says that Windows is taking up over 280GB of storage. I want to know the reason why it is taking up so much space. 280 GB is a lot and that's like pretty much half of my HDD storage.Any...
  4. Clean Windows install takes up 280GB, why????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Clean install on SSD, how do I load other programs?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install on SSD, how do I load other programs?: I'm upgrading my Dell laptop to an SSD and rather than clone the HHD I'd rather do a clean install. (Current drive behaves odd at times, even with updated Windows 10, even has a random admin account.) Is there a good way to see what's on the drive now so I can have an idea...
  6. Amazon Assistant Pop-Up in Opera Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Amazon Assistant Pop-Up in Opera Browser: My Opera browser started getting this totally annoying Amazon Assistant pop-up in any Amazon page that looks like some promotion that can't be disabled. Am I the only one getting this? Maybe a browser virus? 133189
  7. Trying to download a program and it pops up saying "Another program is installing and I...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to download a program and it pops up saying "Another program is installing and I...: I have an ASUS Windows 10 computer. I am trying to install updates for onw of my programs and it continues to pop up that another program is being installed and needs to finish before I can install the another. HELP!...
  8. Multiple BSODs since clean install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSODs since clean install: Hey, I'm spent, hopefully the experts can help *Smile I did a clean install of Windows 10 a few days ago since I was BSODing like crazy, but they're still happening. I'm not well versed in reading the dumps or crash logs. BlueScreenView tells me that all BSODs are...
  9. No sound at all since clean install!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound at all since clean install!: Done the upgrade, then straight away done the clean install...very impressed...so far, everything working a treat, but alas not a sound from my speakers, device manager shows my budget Asus Xonar DGX sound card is working properly, my light on speakers lights up...but...
  10. Random program pop up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random program pop up: Just recently my computer every hour right on the 7th minute of the new hour, a random program/window pops up for .5 seconds, its a black box and there is no icon on my task bar, its annoying because it causes my program/game to freeze and i cannot figure out whats doing it...