Windows 10: Why are there so many, many, error codes preventing me from receiving the latest updates?

Discus and support Why are there so many, many, error codes preventing me from receiving the latest updates? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 1st of all, I'm too many, many, many, error codes prevent me from receiving any updates at all. Then, when I contact dell.com, I find out that it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gary Nicholis Roussell, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Why are there so many, many, error codes preventing me from receiving the latest updates?

1st of all, I'm too many, many, many, error codes prevent me from receiving any updates at all. Then, when I contact dell.com, I find out that it's the fault of Microsoft that's creating a problem with the updates with dell.com as well too, which means, my computer is not getting clean nor getting updates as well. Dell had to remove and remove something in order to be restored again. Unfortunately, it didn't work, because I'm flaming getting the same errors there too.

How long until all of this will be solved until we see relief?

* Moved from Insider

:)

Gary Nicholis Roussell, Jul 15, 2018
  2. Mark_W. Win User

update error code 801812CB

Hello ShawnWilliams:

Thank you for posting to the forum regarding your update error. At this point, I will provide some basic troubleshooting and request more information. There is no documentation or mention of this specific error by other customers. Please verify the following:

• What is the exact error code and message included?
    • Where do you receive this error, on the PC, on the phone, in the Zune software, etc...?
    • What is the current OS running on your phone, tap settings > about > more info?
    • What is the OS running on your PC?

As for general troubleshooting, try the steps in this article,
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2484484?wa=wsignin1.0
    . As there is no mention of your error code I do suggest you review all the steps in this article. I would start with the steps for error code 801812C1 as this is the closest code I could find to the
    one posted.

If you continue to have this error after trying the above steps, please attempt the update from another PC connected to a different network. If you can we would also suggest you use another sync cable.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Mark W.

Mark_W., Jul 15, 2018
  3. JousteR Win User
    WTF! Vista update error code 80070002

I just did this couple of days ago worked fine for me..*Smile Why are there so many, many, error codes preventing me from receiving the latest updates? :)

JousteR, Jul 15, 2018
  4. Boomer Win User

Why are there so many, many, error codes preventing me from receiving the latest updates?

WTF! Vista update error code 80070002

I need more information - Minhajul Hoq
    29-Nov-07 06:12:31

Can you please tell me the error code you receive when you get the update failed message? If it is 80070002 or anything like that, follow these steps:

Well, first of all let me just say that I am not a computer professional. However, I have had the same problem with my 32-Bit Windows Vista Home Premium (making Microsoft's statement null and void) and I have solved it! Here are the step by step instructions:

1) Go to the Start Menu.

2) Click on Computer.

3) Open up the drive where windows is installed (usually your C drive).

4) Open the Windows Folder.

5) Scroll down a bit and locate the SoftwareDistribution folder (exactly like that).

6) Open the Download folder.

7) Open the Install folder.

8) There sould only be one file there. Right click on it and select "Run as Administrator".

9) After entering an Administrator password, run the installation, using the default values and clicking yes at the license.

10) After the installation is complete (shouldn't take more than a few minutes), restart your computer (as an added precaution, though not necessary).

11) After the computer restarts again, run Windows Update again. It should run as normal. All fixed!

I apologize for Microsoft's ineptitude.

This worked for me guys...

Boomer, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

Why are there so many, many, error codes preventing me from receiving the latest updates?

1. Why are there so many, many, error codes preventing me from receiving the latest updates? - Similar Threads - Why are many

2. Why so many Security Intelligence updates?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why so many Security Intelligence updates?: I have no issues with Defender, but why so many updates for the Security Intelligence updates? I get Security Intelligence updates for KB2267602 every 2 hours or so, all of which are successfully updating and everything. This includes the most up to date version too. I find...
  3. So many updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    So many updates: Do we really need all of them? Can we get rid of some of the old ones? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/so-many-updates/d6df72e3-3514-4669-867c-a25fd99526c3
  4. why so many sign ins

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    why so many sign ins: Microsoft was so many sign ins,accounts,windows 10 passwords,security sign ins, my passwords are 123456 and still i get lock out why bother to make all this accounts with log in .passwords bing store,explorer,hello microsoft,security all making me dizzy and...
  5. Why are so many threads "Locked"?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why are so many threads "Locked"?: Some, if not most, don't have working answers yet. What reasons are used in locking the treads? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-so-many-threads-locked/00e722d9-0a3a-42e2-92ef-fb05bf78281d
  6. So. Many. errors.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    So. Many. errors.: alright. I built a computer recently (using windows so assume this is where to post) and i have oh so many errors. Ill list these out. Tell me if there's anything in common but the only common thing i can find is driver issues and well ive been going through all of my...
  7. Why so many repeat questions = "explorer will not refresh", why so many threads closed but...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why so many repeat questions = "explorer will not refresh", why so many threads closed but...: So many people have the same issue, this is clear with so many of the same question. Dozens of Searches Why are threads closed when the issue is clearly not fixed? I found a quick fix = press F5, but that means you need to do this every time you delete or edit a file...
  8. Why So Many Updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why So Many Updates?: This is a curiosity question: Why are we having so many updates for 1803? Does anyone have a handle on this. It is just an unusual number, and they just seem to "keep on coming". A screenshot is attached ... Thanks Sorry, looks like a double post for this one 117820
  9. Why So Many Updates?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why So Many Updates?: This is a curiosity question: Why are we having so many updates for 1803? Does anyone have a handle on this. It is just an unusual number, and they just seem to "keep on coming". A screenshot is attached ... Thanks Sorry, looks like a double post for this one 117820
  10. Why so many builds

in Windows 10 Support
    Why so many builds: I found this in the mail this morning Windows 10 S is ready for testing (but just barely) | ZDNet Now I am no expert or indeed am I that savvy re computing as some of you will know but I have to say that after using 7 for such a long time and going through what I saw (as I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why so many windows stop codes?