Windows 10: why are there so many temp files pinned to my quick accesses

Discus and support why are there so many temp files pinned to my quick accesses in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; can someone help me in this problem i want to clear them up because they take so much space but i cant delete them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dogerrrrrrrr, Sep 23, 2022.

1. why are there so many temp files pinned to my quick accesses

can someone help me in this problem i want to clear them up because they take so much space but i cant delete them

:)

dogerrrrrrrr, Sep 23, 2022

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Sep 23, 2022
  3. ArmaRayo Win User
    File Explorer Quick Access trouble.. Cannot pin items

File Explorer is behaving weird - I cannot pin items to Quick Access. When I pin items they won't appear to QA. Also when dragging items to QA nothing happens and there's a small icon indicating that is not possible.

I did some "tweaks" with Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4.5 but I haven't found a setting there that could of made QA to not function.

I did some steps as remedy that I found with Google but those didn't help.

Any suggestions?

ArmaRayo, Sep 23, 2022
  4. jsacks Win User

why are there so many temp files pinned to my quick accesses

Pin FTP Location to Quick Access in Win Explorer

I have a link to an FTP folder that I can not get to pin to Win Explorer Quick Launch. The shortcut appears in c:\users\[user name]\links but does not appear in the quick access list.

Opening the file in Win Explorer and right clicking on "Quick access" with the option "pin to quick access" does nothing and there is no option in right click list to "pin to quick access" or even "pin to start" for a .lnk file.

jsacks, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

why are there so many temp files pinned to my quick accesses

1. why are there so many temp files pinned to my quick accesses - Similar Threads - why are many

2. Quick access - File wont Pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick access - File wont Pin: Hi All,So my dog is always jumping on my desk and walking all over my keyboard messing up my laptop : I have a file that will not pin to quick access. for some reason its the only file I cant get to work. not even dragging it over works. She also somehow deleted my documents...
  3. Quick access - File wont Pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick access - File wont Pin: Hi All,So my dog is always jumping on my desk and walking all over my keyboard messing up my laptop : I have a file that will not pin to quick access. for some reason its the only file I cant get to work. not even dragging it over works. She also somehow deleted my documents...
  4. why is there two temp files? temp and %Temp%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is there two temp files? temp and %Temp%: dear Microsoft My computer was feeling slow so I decided to delete the temp files. Is it ok to delete the temp files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-two-temp-files-temp-and-temp/4d7e1bb1-c01e-4ff6-8135-4208187a6663
  5. why is there two temp files? temp and %Temp%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is there two temp files? temp and %Temp%: dear Microsoft My computer was feeling slow so I decided to delete the temp files. Is it ok to delete the temp files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-two-temp-files-temp-and-temp/4d7e1bb1-c01e-4ff6-8135-4208187a6663
  6. why are there so many temp files pinned to my quick accesses

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why are there so many temp files pinned to my quick accesses: can someone help me in this problem i want to clear them up because they take so much space but i cant delete them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-there-so-many-temp-files-pinned-to-my/763effe0-317d-4f76-89ba-cf3b547c7418
  7. Temp Account and Quick Access

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Temp Account and Quick Access: I logged into my laptop like always however this time when i logged in, most my shortcuts are gone which I'm not so concerned about but everything in quick access is also gone, when i go to quick access then videos it says "this folder is empty", same thing happens when i go...
  8. SO many Temp files so quickly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SO many Temp files so quickly?: The title says it all... Deleted all my temp files yesterday. Today, i went to check the temp folder, apparently it had 1GB of temp files... Why did my computer create 1GB of temp files in one day? Is there something wrong? submitted by /u/sSince_ [link] [comments]...
  9. Pin to quick access repetition

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin to quick access repetition: It seems that by default, certain folders are pinned to quick access: Documents, Downloads, Pictures, Desktop. I keep unpinning them, and they keep pinning themselves back. Whats up with that? 157701
  10. Why does MS replace the files I have pinned in Quick Access?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does MS replace the files I have pinned in Quick Access?: Running Windows 10, Version 1909, build 18363.752. There was not enough room in the title to complete my question, so here goes. File Explorer opens to Quick Access and This PC. I have several files I use often pinned to Quick Access and the list of Desktop, Documents,...