Windows 10: Why are there symbols on the bottom left of my icons and how to I remove them?

Discus and support Why are there symbols on the bottom left of my icons and how to I remove them? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Here is one screenshot where gray squares cover up part of the icons, it does this to almost all of my thumbnails and I'd like to get rid of them. By... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kyle Brandtjen, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Why are there symbols on the bottom left of my icons and how to I remove them?

Here is one screenshot where gray squares cover up part of the icons, it does this to almost all of my thumbnails and I'd like to get rid of them. By the way, I am using Windows 10 Home 64bit Insider Edition Build: 183621 if that helps.

Why are there symbols on the bottom left of my icons and how to I remove them? 3d7d44bf-2c4c-42ea-93f1-9e96161c1c01?upload=true.png

:)

Kyle Brandtjen, Mar 27, 2019

2. Erroneous symbols at the bottom left corner of desktop icons

I'm running Windows 10 with the latest updates. A few days ago, the icons for objects on the desktop changed appearance. The icons are correct but
    all have a symbol at the bottom left corner:

• Shortcuts show the correct shortcut symbol
    • All files erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Almost all folders erroneously show a shortcut symbol
    • Some folders erroneously show "X"

The icons for files and folders (including the Desktop folder) displayed using File Explorer are all normal.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

KenSympson, Mar 27, 2019
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Mar 27, 2019
  4. W1zzard Win User

Why are there symbols on the bottom left of my icons and how to I remove them?

How to remove the icons after uninstal(deleting) gpu-z from notification area?

The issue is that there is no mechanism to remove individual icons from that list.

Only clear the whole list (which is what your VBS script does).

All programs have the same issue

W1zzard, Mar 27, 2019
Thema:

Why are there symbols on the bottom left of my icons and how to I remove them?

1. Why are there symbols on the bottom left of my icons and how to I remove them? - Similar Threads - Why are symbols

2. Blue Ticks on Icons with ">>" Symbol - How to remove them?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blue Ticks on Icons with ">>" Symbol - How to remove them?: Hello,Lately I am seeing some prefix Blick Tick ">>" on all the files Specially on all document files like PDF, Excel, world etcMay you please let me know how to remove this?...
  3. Blue Ticks on Icons with ">>" Symbol - How to remove them?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Blue Ticks on Icons with ">>" Symbol - How to remove them?: Hello,Lately I am seeing some prefix Blick Tick ">>" on all the files Specially on all document files like PDF, Excel, world etcMay you please let me know how to remove this?...
  4. Blue Ticks on Icons with ">>" Symbol - How to remove them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Removing The Bottom-Left Weather Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing The Bottom-Left Weather Icon: Hello,For personal reasons, I'd rather not have the bottom-left corner of the screen display the current weather. I was able to hide this before the most recent update, but now I can't. I've tried removing the Weather widget - no dice. Is there any way to hide this?...
  6. Removing The Bottom-Left Weather Icon

Removing The Bottom-Left Weather Icon: Hello,For personal reasons, I'd rather not have the bottom-left corner of the screen display the current weather. I was able to hide this before the most recent update, but now I can't. I've tried removing the Weather widget - no dice. Is there any way to hide this?...
  7. White Pages on the bottom left of desktop icons, how do I remove them?

in Windows 10 Customization
    White Pages on the bottom left of desktop icons, how do I remove them?: I restarted my PC one day and these little white pages showed up on the bottom left of all my desktop icons, does anyone know how to get rid of them?...
  8. White Pages on the bottom left of desktop icons, how do I remove them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White Pages on the bottom left of desktop icons, how do I remove them?: I restarted my PC one day and these little white pages showed up on the bottom left of all my desktop icons, does anyone know how to get rid of them?...
  9. White Pages on the bottom left of desktop icons, how do I remove them?

10. Why I can't remove bottom icon from left vertical corner of desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why I can't remove bottom icon from left vertical corner of desktop: I can't remove bottom icon in this vertical corner In red boxWhen I remove it and restart my pc or again start my pc after shutdown It changes my icons that in blue to right Help me!!!!!!Before Shut downAfter Restart...