Windows 10: Why are there two icon for my language input on my taskbar?

Discus and support Why are there two icon for my language input on my taskbar? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I recently added a language to my Surface Pro 7 and at first I noticed an icon on the far right of my taskbar that says "ENG" and while I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Emily417, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Emily417 Win User

Why are there two icon for my language input on my taskbar?

Hello,

I recently added a language to my Surface Pro 7 and at first I noticed an icon on the far right of my taskbar that says "ENG" and while I was trying to test out the other language pack I ended up moving it to the left of my taskbar icons it is still on the right side of my taskbar and says "EN". I have tried removing and reinstalling the language pack to see if it would bring back the old icon placement but now I have two icons that with the same function of changing the language I am typing in. I only want the one on the right "ENG". Is there a way to remove the one on the left? Or is it just how the language function supposed to be displayed?

Thank you for your help!

:)

Emily417, Aug 25, 2020

2. Remove input method icon with language initials in notification area

Found your post yesterday and didn't know the answer. Today I decided I wanted to turn it off too. I turned it off in the notification settings, but after a reboot I saw it had returned. So after that I followed these steps: “Input Indicator” Icon Comes Back in Taskbar Notification Area After Restarting Windows. Hopefully this helps!

Jamushroom, Aug 25, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Aug 25, 2020
  4. Why are there two icon for my language input on my taskbar?

Missing input language options on a taskbar in the secondary monitor

Hi Cryxe,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which version of Windows is running on your device?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?

I can understand the inconvenience you are facing with the missing Input language on your secondary monitor. Here are the few settings troubleshooting steps which you can try to fix the issue.

Step 1

Check for Updates

Click on
    Start button, select Settings > Update and Security > Windows Update
    and select check for updates.

If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.

Step 2

1. Press Windows +
      I key > Personalization > Taskbar.
    2. Turn
      On show taskbar on all displays under “Multiple displays”.
    Step 3

1. Press Windows +
      I key > Personalization > Taskbar.
    2. Scroll down and click on
      Turn system icons on or off
      under Notification area.
    3. Enable (Turn On) the
      Input Indicator and check the status of the issue.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Aug 25, 2020
Thema:

Why are there two icon for my language input on my taskbar?

1. Why are there two icon for my language input on my taskbar? - Similar Threads - Why are icon

2. No Language Input Indicator in my Windows Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Language Input Indicator in my Windows Taskbar: Hi,Failed attempts:1 Right-click empty space on Windows 10 taskbar and then select “Taskbar settings“. Toggle the setting for Input Indicator to On or Off. This will show or hide the input indicator accordingly. This change will take effect immediately. 2 Go to the...
  3. Why my taskbar icon is different?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why my taskbar icon is different?: Why my icon on taskbar is showing up like that instead of showing me the setting icon? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-taskbar-icon-is-different/2ff8c562-673c-48c1-ba7e-2527da0cf413
  4. Language Icon in Taskbar

Language Icon in Taskbar: Dear All, Please help me. How do I change the Language Icon "EN" from white color to black color. It's so difficult to see the language Icon when the Font color is white. Please help me. [ATTACH] Thank for your help....
  5. Why are there four language options on my taskbar when there are two in the settings?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why are there four language options on my taskbar when there are two in the settings?: screenshots I tried different things to remove the excess languages but I just added an extra in my last attempt, so if someone could help me I would really appreciate it submitted by /u/fjordmewsky [link] [comments]...
  6. My Taskbar Tray Icon is Limited to Two Icons Only

My Taskbar Tray Icon is Limited to Two Icons Only: My taskbar icon tray is limited to two. I turned on all of them. But from 3 icons which is Volume, Internet, and Battery, only 2 can appear. For example, I turned off all of them. Then I turn on internet and volume then I turn on the battery. The battery is not appearing....
  7. Why my language icon on taskbar so different?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why my language icon on taskbar so different?: [IMG] This is what i see on others other's taskbar this is what mine looked mine what i did wrong? running Windows 10 May 2020 update. submitted by /u/d4v1dv00 [link] [comments]...
  8. The Language Icons On My Taskbar

The Language Icons On My Taskbar: I have an issue with my taskbar that's been there for a few weeks now. I have two language icons on my taskbar when I only want one. The attached image will show you what I mean. [ATTACH]Does anyone know how this happened and what I can do to solve it?...
  9. My Taskbar Tray Icon is Limited to Two Icons Only

My Taskbar Tray Icon is Limited to Two Icons Only: My taskbar icon tray is limited to two. I turned on all of them. But from 3 icons (which is Volume, Internet, and Battery), only 2 can appear. For example, I turned off all of them. Then I turn on internet and volume then I turn on the battery. The battery is not appearing....
  10. Language icon in taskbar

Language icon in taskbar: The language icon has suddenly appeared in the Win10 taskbar. I only have UK English as an option, but when I click on it, it says I can have the US English option. How can I get rid of this icon from the taskbar. Thanks...