Windows 10: Why are these "per-user services" always running on my single-user PC?

Discus and support Why are these "per-user services" always running on my single-user PC? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Version: 1909 I was just wondering if someone can explain these to me more. I've read about them and I understand they are "services that are created... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JordanG, Nov 26, 2019.

1. JordanG Win User

Why are these "per-user services" always running on my single-user PC?

Version: 1909

I was just wondering if someone can explain these to me more. I've read about them and I understand they are "services that are created when a user signs into Windows or Windows Server and are stopped and deleted when that user signs out," but as I am the only user on this PC...who is this other "user" running these services?

A bunch of these start up every time I boot up this PC, but I can't think of a reason why any of them should be running in the first place. Can someone please explain?

Thanks.

Why are these "per-user services" always running on my single-user PC? [​IMG]

Note: I posted a similar thread in the "User Accounts and Family Safety" forum but I this might be a better place for this. I hope this is OK.

:)

JordanG, Nov 26, 2019

2. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Nov 26, 2019
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Nov 26, 2019
  4. Why are these "per-user services" always running on my single-user PC?

The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you with the user accounts on Windows 10.

Let's try the below methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator.

Step 1: Start computer in safe
    mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type
    net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Method 2: Try to create a new user account (Microsoft account) and check if you are able to access the content from your computer

Create a user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Note: Create a Microsoft account. Steps applies to Windows 10 as well.

Method 3: Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.
    Hope this helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

Why are these "per-user services" always running on my single-user PC?

1. Why are these "per-user services" always running on my single-user PC? - Similar Threads - Why are per

2. Display settings per user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display settings per user: I have several users on my Windows 11 computer. I have two extra displays connected to this computer.This is what I am looking for: for example when user X is logged in, I would like to use only one display, when another user is logged in, I would like to use all three...
  3. Display settings per user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display settings per user: I have several users on my Windows 11 computer. I have two extra displays connected to this computer.This is what I am looking for: for example when user X is logged in, I would like to use only one display, when another user is logged in, I would like to use all three...
  4. purpose / advantage of administrator on single user pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    purpose / advantage of administrator on single user pc: Hi, I am installing Windows 10 Home on my laptop after a HD crash.Question : what is the purpose / advantage of a ADMINISTRATOR account on my laptop? Should I create both my own existing Microsoft account and Adminstrator on the laptop, or only my account?Thank you for your...
  5. purpose / advantage of administrator on single user pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    purpose / advantage of administrator on single user pc: Hi, I am installing Windows 10 Home on my laptop after a HD crash.Question : what is the purpose / advantage of a ADMINISTRATOR account on my laptop? Should I create both my own existing Microsoft account and Adminstrator on the laptop, or only my account?Thank you for your...
  6. purpose / advantage of administrator on single user pc

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  7. Run sppsvc as network service user

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Run sppsvc as network service user: How would i go about running sppsvc as network service user in either powershell or cmd 154426
  8. Why are so many per-user services constantly running on my PC?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why are so many per-user services constantly running on my PC?: Version: 1909 Every time I boot up my PC I see like a dozen of these "per-user services" running. I've read about them ("services that are created when a user signs into Windows or Windows Server and are stopped and deleted when that user signs out") but m question is...what...
  9. Set language per user

in Windows 10 Support
    Set language per user: Hi, Does anyone know if there is a way to set display language (and locale) per user? I change it and it's changed for all the users, system wide. Thanks in advance! 135499
  10. Windows Push Notification User Service always crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Push Notification User Service always crashing: For the past week, I've continually found this critical error in my reliability monitor - Windows Push Notifications User Service stopped working. I have used sfc /scannow, chkdsk /f C: and DISM and they all have shown no problems. I have also done multiple virus/malware...