Windows 10: WHY ARE THESE REPETITIVE SCAMMERS STILL AROUND FOR MANY YEARS WITHOUT BEING CAUGHT?...

Discus and support WHY ARE THESE REPETITIVE SCAMMERS STILL AROUND FOR MANY YEARS WITHOUT BEING CAUGHT?... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I HAVE BEEN VICTIMIZED BY THE SAME ONES FOR SEVERAL YEARS. ONE OF THE SCAMMERS ACTUALLY ASKED IF I WOULD BE WILLING TO MARRY HIM SO HE COULD OBTAIN A... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by it'stime4abreak, Dec 9, 2018.

1. WHY ARE THESE REPETITIVE SCAMMERS STILL AROUND FOR MANY YEARS WITHOUT BEING CAUGHT?...

I HAVE BEEN VICTIMIZED BY THE SAME ONES FOR SEVERAL YEARS. ONE OF THE SCAMMERS ACTUALLY ASKED IF I WOULD BE WILLING TO MARRY HIM SO HE COULD OBTAIN A GREEN CARD FROM IMMIGRATION! I BEGAN HEARING FROM THEM SEVERAL YEARS AGO. SINCE I AM HOME-BOUND WITH A SEVERE DISABILITY, I WAS ESPECIALLY VULNERABLE TO THEIR PROFICIENT TACTICS AT FIRST. THE RESULTS WERE COSTLY, AND THE PURCHASE OF 2 DIFFERENT COMPUTERS DID NOT SOLVE THE PROBLEMS. ULTIMATELY, OPTIMUM CHANGED MY ROUTER, AND ALL WAS WELL FOR A WHILE.

LAST WEEK, I RECEIVED A POP-UP WITH THE MICROSOFT LOGO, AS BEFORE, AND INDICATED A THREAT TO MY DRIVERS. SIMULTANEOUSLY, I RECEIVED PHONE CALLS INDICATING THAT I WAS DUE A REFUND OF $299, SINCE THEY WERE NO LONGER OFFERING THEIR SERVICES. UPON CONTACTING THE PHONE NUMBER, I REALIZED WHAT IT WAS---THEY WERE BACK WITH ANOTHER SCHEME, I HUNG UP, AND WHAT FOLLOWED WERE AT LEAST 12+ CONSECUTIVE CALLS FROM VARIOUS STATES ACROSS THE COUNTRY. HOWEVER, THEY CLAIM TO BE IN INDIA.

DURING THEIR LAST CALL, I ANSWERED THE PHONE AND INDICATED THEY WERE BEING RECORDED; THAT I HAD CONTACTED THE ATTORNEY GENERAL. THE CALLS STOPPED, BUT I COULD NO LONGER ACCESS THE INTERNET. THE MICROSOFT EDGE TAB WITH SEVERAL SITES COULD NOT BE CLOSED.. AFTER A FULL SCAN, I WAS NOTIFIED THAT MY DRIVER DATABASE WAS CORRUPTED, AND UNABLE TO BE FIXED. THE SCAMMERS WERE, OF COURSE, SELLING A DRIVER FIX. I WAS UNABLE TO USE MY COPIER.

IN CLOSING, ALLOW ME TO ADD THAT AMERICANS ARE BEING VICTIMIZED BY INCREASING NEGLIGENCE; PROFIT MOTIVES WITHOUT CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY; A LOSS OF QUALITY CONTROL FROM IMPORTED MANUFACTURING; COMPANIES, SUCH AS DELL, WHO DO NOT ADHERE TO WARRANTIES; AD INFINITUM. SUCH CIRCUMSTANCES HAVE INCREASED PROGRESSIVELY, ENGENDERED BY UNENFORCED LAWS WHICH LACK GOVERNMENT INTERVENTION.

THE DEVELOPMENT OF COMMUNITY ORGANIZATION BY PROBLEM AREA IS MERELY A PLATFORM FOR AIRING FRUSTRATIONS, BUT THE SCAMMERS REMAIN WITHOUT FEAR OF ACCOUNTABILITY FOR THEFT BY DECEIT, AND CONSUMERS' RIGHTS.

I HAVE KEPT NOTES, NAMES, PHONE NUMBERS, ETC. WHICH ARE AVAILABLE FOR THE MAIN RESOLUTION BEYOND A COMPUTER FIX.

:)

it'stime4abreak, Dec 9, 2018
  2. Jsssssssss, Dec 9, 2018
  3. DrPepper Win User
    Best way to keep vista clean and healthy

Yeah just caught it there.

I'm going to attempt to have a step by step guide on how to use these programs efficiently.

DrPepper, Dec 9, 2018
  4. WHY ARE THESE REPETITIVE SCAMMERS STILL AROUND FOR MANY YEARS WITHOUT BEING CAUGHT?...

Scammers

May I offer you a suggestion: If you have any emails from the "scammer" gather them and make sure your credit card company knows about them. I was luckily able to recoup my payment. Good Luck.

Care Valkanas, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

WHY ARE THESE REPETITIVE SCAMMERS STILL AROUND FOR MANY YEARS WITHOUT BEING CAUGHT?...

1. WHY ARE THESE REPETITIVE SCAMMERS STILL AROUND FOR MANY YEARS WITHOUT BEING CAUGHT?... - Similar Threads - WHY ARE REPETITIVE

2. Why have you gave me a run around for 2 years

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why have you gave me a run around for 2 years: I have been calling over and over for 2+ years to no avail over your rep lying and leaving me without access to my account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I have been told to fill out forms to wait on replies to just buy it all again even had one rep install...
  3. Why have you gave me a run around for 2 years

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why have you gave me a run around for 2 years: I have been calling over and over for 2+ years to no avail over your rep lying and leaving me without access to my account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I have been told to fill out forms to wait on replies to just buy it all again even had one rep install...
  4. Scammer had control of laptop before I caught on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Scammer had control of laptop before I caught on: earlier today I recieved a pop up saying that my computer was locked because my financial information had been accessed and to call microsoft tech support I called allowed access and then he wanted 250 i hung up then he still had access to system and threatened to deleat all...
  5. whay after so many years is windows 10 still an unreliable piece of ****?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    whay after so many years is windows 10 still an unreliable piece of ****?: subject line says it all. worst operating system ever! why did they get rid of 7?????? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whay-after-so-many-years-is-windows-10-still-an/e13ea96f-7793-4b51-8907-7458aa94f09a
  6. AFTER 6 YEARS, WHY IS WINDOWS 10 STILL BUGGY

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AFTER 6 YEARS, WHY IS WINDOWS 10 STILL BUGGY: it's past 6 years since the release of windows 10, it took me over 4 years to install it but I still see bugs and it's like everyday has a bug to offer. It's either blue screen of death or corrupted user profile when u haven't made any changes or installed any software. I'm...
  7. Why still after 5 years still windows 10 ABSOLUTE TRASH?!

Why still after 5 years still windows 10 ABSOLUTE TRASH?!: for god sake fix the damn thing instead of keep adding features no one want fix core principals of your OS no wonder share percentage os windows keep dwindling compare to Linux! i can see the damn files but search wont find it! even trashier than that is indexing option...
  8. Multiple BSOD for many years

Multiple BSOD for many years: OK. That's it! Enough is enough! I have an Asus laptop that is plagued with BSODs almost since I bought it a little over 3 years ago will never buy Asus again!. I have moderate-to-advanced experience with computers, but have zero experience with kernel hacking. So, how can...
  9. Why is streaming photos to a TV a problem after many years of complaints?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is streaming photos to a TV a problem after many years of complaints?: Just purchased a new computer with Win10. I have three Win7 computers in my house with an old MediaSmart server that backs them up each night. So, I have enough knowledge that I thought streaming my photo collection to my smart TV would be duck soup. NOT! I came here...
  10. Being Harassed by a Scammer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Being Harassed by a Scammer: Received a call from someone who said his name was Sam gave me his last name but I forgot to write it down and he was from Microsoft and not to be concerned because they didn't think my computer was compromised - it was the network and my computer was one that might have been...