Windows 10: Why are these symbols < > at the start and end of my email address? What does it mean?

Discus and support Why are these symbols < > at the start and end of my email address? What does it mean? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I signed up for the Windows 10 Mail app using my outlook email account which we'll call *** Email address is removed for privacy *** I added a gmail... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jordan464, Oct 21, 2019.

1. Jordan464 Win User

Why are these symbols < > at the start and end of my email address? What does it mean?

I signed up for the Windows 10 Mail app using my outlook email account which we'll call *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

I added a gmail account in the app which we'll call *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

When I sent an email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** within the mail app, in the sent messages the 'From:' box says the following:

*** Email address is removed for privacy *** <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>

What does this mean?

Is the mail being sent from both addresses? I only want the recipient to see the gmail address.

:)

Jordan464, Oct 21, 2019

2. Add email addresses to suggested words?

Is there any way to add email addresses to the list of suggested words when typing with the keyboard? The help says to highlight the misspelled word, then click the + symbol. But, I cannot highlight a whole email address and get the + symbol.

For example:

L: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

The "MyName" has a red squiggly and if I highlight that part of the address the + symbol appears, but if I highlight the entire address the + symbol goes away.

How can I stop from having to type in email addresses over and over and over?

Thanks.

ComputerFields, Oct 21, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    Additional email addresses

You are talking about two totally different things, contacts versus predictive text input in mail client.

In most email clients, like Windows Mail, when you start typing an address in TO, CC or BCC fields, the client does not pick the addresses suggested from your contacts. Instead, it suggests addresses you have sent email earlier, or addresses of those who have sent email to you.

If I now sent you an email, and you replied to it, next time when you write an email to someone whose address starts with K, my email address would be one of the suggested to you although I am not in your contacts.

4. Why are these symbols < > at the start and end of my email address? What does it mean?

Meaning of +at symbol

Managed to find the symbol - it means there is an email message in my local inbox. Deleted it and the symbol disappeared.

spile---01, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

Why are these symbols < > at the start and end of my email address? What does it mean?

1. Why are these symbols < > at the start and end of my email address? What does it mean? - Similar Threads - Why are symbols

2. What does this symbol mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does this symbol mean?: Does anyone know what this above symbol means? I am disconnected from wifi every 5-10 min and when I reconnect it has this symbol. It also has dialogue saying "This wifi's information has changed". See belowAny ideas? Already tried system restarts, and the...
  3. What does this symbol mean?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does this symbol mean?: Does anyone know what this above symbol means? I am disconnected from wifi every 5-10 min and when I reconnect it has this symbol. It also has dialogue saying "This wifi's information has changed". See belowAny ideas? Already tried system restarts, and the...
  4. What does this Symbol mean on my desktop background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does this Symbol mean on my desktop background: This symbol popped up after recently installing a new monitor and creating a dual monitor setup. It only appears on the new Monitor which is an Acer Nitro XZ322QU. You can click on it and it will change the icon appearance to a more closed icon or just leave it the way it is....
  5. What does this Symbol mean on my desktop background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does this Symbol mean on my desktop background: This symbol popped up after recently installing a new monitor and creating a dual monitor setup. It only appears on the new Monitor which is an Acer Nitro XZ322QU. You can click on it and it will change the icon appearance to a more closed icon or just leave it the way it is....
  6. What does this Symbol mean on my desktop background

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. What does "https" mean at the end of a foreign address? (netstat)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What does "https" mean at the end of a foreign address? (netstat): Hello. I was running some netstat commands earlier today and about 40-50 active connections came up. Every one of their foreign addresses ended in "https". All of them had the protocol "TCP". What does this mean? Should I be worried? Any help will be appreciated. submitted...
  8. Theres a lock symbol to my networks. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Theres a lock symbol to my networks. What does this mean?: I also have noticed that when this lock symbol is there, i cant connect to things like mail, and cant play online in games and such. Is there a reason why this happens? submitted by /u/jurpy_the_durpy [link] [comments]...
  9. What does this "X" symbol mean?

in Windows 10 Support
    What does this "X" symbol mean?: It appears, scattered, in my file and folders, mostly graphics-related. Looks different from the "X in a circle" used for other problems Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 [img] 144183
  10. What is the meaning of the ^ symbol in cmd.exe

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the meaning of the ^ symbol in cmd.exe: cmd.exe C:>^ more? What is the meaning of the ^ symbol in cmd.exe 115306

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what does it mean when email address is in these symbolss < >