Windows 10: Why are these temp files created ?

Discus and support Why are these temp files created ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've noticed a folder that builds up hundreds of temp files inside with names like 1A72CF2C.tmp and 1CF741E1.tmp. The path to the directory is:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mart44, Mar 26, 2017.

1. mart44 Win User

Why are these temp files created ?

I've noticed a folder that builds up hundreds of temp files inside with names like 1A72CF2C.tmp and 1CF741E1.tmp. The path to the directory is:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\TempState\Content.MSO

They can be deleted with seemingly no ill-effects but start to build quickly up again if Windows 10's e-mail App is used and a few e-mails opened/read. I wonder if they are some sort of cache but don't know if, once they have been created, they are ever used again. Does anyone know what these files are about?

:)

mart44, Mar 26, 2017

2. .cert files are created in TEMP folder

Forgot to mention.. I am using Windows 10 Pro (64 Bit) version 1511 (build 10586.71) and my Windows is up to date.

Subhadeep Kanungo, Mar 26, 2017
  3. .cert files are created in TEMP folder

I have upgraded to Windows 10 Pro about 3 months ago. Since then I have noticed that some .cert files are created in the location path C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Temp. Every time I clear them up, these files get created after I restart the system.
    I am using AVG Internet Security 2016. Scanned with AVG as well as Windows Malicious Software Removal tool. But nothing is being detected. Are those .cert files normal and are supposed to be created in TEMP folder in Windows 10? Thanks is advance.

Subhadeep Kanungo, Mar 26, 2017
Thema:

Why are these temp files created ?

1. Why are these temp files created ? - Similar Threads - Why are temp

2. Files created on chrome_PuffinComponentUnpacker_BeginUnzipping* folder, within temp folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files created on chrome_PuffinComponentUnpacker_BeginUnzipping* folder, within temp folder?: I have witnessed following files being created on my PC during the startup: C:\\Users\\User1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\chrome_PuffinComponentUnpacker_BeginUnzipping11296_2132512403\\app-setup.js...
  3. why is there two temp files? temp and %Temp%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is there two temp files? temp and %Temp%: dear Microsoft My computer was feeling slow so I decided to delete the temp files. Is it ok to delete the temp files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-two-temp-files-temp-and-temp/4d7e1bb1-c01e-4ff6-8135-4208187a6663
  4. why is there two temp files? temp and %Temp%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is there two temp files? temp and %Temp%: dear Microsoft My computer was feeling slow so I decided to delete the temp files. Is it ok to delete the temp files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-two-temp-files-temp-and-temp/4d7e1bb1-c01e-4ff6-8135-4208187a6663
  5. Temp files created on desktop after downloading a picture

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Temp files created on desktop after downloading a picture: Why is Windows 10 creating a temp file on my desktop when I download a picture? And how do I stop this from happening? The only way I can delete it is reboot. I tried the following:a Press Windows Key + W on the keyboard.b Type Folder Options and click on it.c...
  6. Temp files created on desktop after downloading a picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temp files created on desktop after downloading a picture: Why is Windows 10 creating a temp file on my desktop when I download a picture? And how do I stop this from happening? The only way I can delete it is reboot. I tried the following:a Press Windows Key + W on the keyboard.b Type Folder Options and click on it.c...
  7. trojans create file for appdata temp or windows temp folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    trojans create file for appdata temp or windows temp folder: trojans create file for appdata temp or windows temp folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trojans-create-file-for-appdata-temp-or-windows/5f158b9d-b52f-4a62-b5ef-e6a7105ec4bd
  8. Multiple Temp folders/files created at startup

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple Temp folders/files created at startup: Hello, I was recently trying a few different AV programmes on my Win10 Pro machine. When I restart the machine, or it wakes from sleep, multiple folders & tmp files are created, probably 20-30 or so, all the files are zero size. There are also a bunch of SDIAG folders,...
  9. 2 log files created in windows temp

in Windows 10 Support
    2 log files created in windows temp: Hi I have 2 log files created over and over again in Windows temp folder: 1. aria-debug-xxxx.log xxxx changes between files. The content is either empty or includes one line: Logging inited C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\aria-debug-12272.log 1 I read it might be related to OneDrive but...
  10. What kind of temp file windows is create

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    What kind of temp file windows is create: What kind of temp file windows is create and save in that location ? C:/windows/temp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-kind-of-temp-file-windows-is-create/b8fc7294-04b9-4d15-bbea-c6b5cdf40c70"