Windows 10: WHY ARE THESE UPDATES FORCED?????

Discus and support WHY ARE THESE UPDATES FORCED????? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This system of updates with Windows 10 SUCKS. First, you don't give users any credit to choose to update on their own, and they take forEVER. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kate&Co., Jul 25, 2018.

1. Kate&Co. Win User

WHY ARE THESE UPDATES FORCED?????

This system of updates with Windows 10 SUCKS. First, you don't give users any credit to choose to update on their own, and they take forEVER. This morning after updating, my laptop no longer recognizes my 24" monitor. Installing and reinstalling doesn't work, nor does rebooting. My settings detector says it might not recognize an older monitor -- this monitor, which it refuses to recognize, is SIX MONTHS OLD.

Can't you guys get your s**t together and 1) do updates that don't involve upwards of an hour to complete and 2) don't make changes that screw up peripherals??? This is all resulting in LOST TIME, which I can't afford. This is really making me reevaluate getting a Mac.

Thanks for nothing, Micros**t!

:)

Kate&Co., Jul 25, 2018
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond WHY ARE THESE UPDATES FORCED????? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 25, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Jul 25, 2018
  4. WHY ARE THESE UPDATES FORCED?????

6303c - Forcing Firmware Update v10

Hi All

I got a 6303 as it's listed on BMW as being 100% compliant with incar bluetooth. Sadly Orange have branded the phone which means that it's stuck on v9.40 and NSU shows no updates as being available.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can force a firmware update to v10 and whether it will damage the phone?

Any suggestion much appreciated.

ChrisEFrost, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

WHY ARE THESE UPDATES FORCED?????

1. WHY ARE THESE UPDATES FORCED????? - Similar Threads - WHY ARE UPDATES

2. Why is the update being forced when it is broken.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the update being forced when it is broken.: Have been constantly pausing the update because of this..Why are microsoft trying to force this update when it will still not work correctly on certain PC's, mine is only two years old, I tried more than these occasions, always a BSOD and have to factory reset the PCNo i do...
  3. Why is Microsoft forcing users to have bloatware and forcing unnecessary updates?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Microsoft forcing users to have bloatware and forcing unnecessary updates?: TURNING OFF WINDOWS UPDATES IN WINDOWS SETTINGS IS NO USE!Even if I turn it off, it still forces unnecessary updates which messes up my drivers. Because of this forced inconvenient service, my laptop could not connect to my WIFI's 5G Network.....And EVERY DAY, I have to...
  4. Why is Microsoft forcing users to have bloatware and forcing unnecessary updates?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Microsoft forcing users to have bloatware and forcing unnecessary updates?: TURNING OFF WINDOWS UPDATES IN WINDOWS SETTINGS IS NO USE!Even if I turn it off, it still forces unnecessary updates which messes up my drivers. Because of this forced inconvenient service, my laptop could not connect to my WIFI's 5G Network.....And EVERY DAY, I have to...
  5. Why is Microsoft forcing users to have bloatware and forcing unnecessary updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Why am I forced to update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why am I forced to update: I don't get it, I see there's an update Microsoft. I hit shut down instead of update and restart for a reason. So many times I leave my computer and hit shut down just to come back and realize my computer has been sitting idle for a whole day after it decided to update and...
  7. Why does MS FORCE UPDATES???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does MS FORCE UPDATES???: I am going linux and this is why.I have auto updates turned off, still does it. Had support take over computer, said no more forced updates, lies lies lies. Just did it again and I lost SO much work. Word didnt recover any of my files. I'm done with microcrap products. God...
  8. Why does MS FORCE UPDATES???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does MS FORCE UPDATES???: I am going linux and this is why.I have auto updates turned off, still does it. Had support take over computer, said no more forced updates, lies lies lies. Just did it again and I lost SO much work. Word didnt recover any of my files. I'm done with microcrap products. God...
  9. Why does MS FORCE UPDATES???

10. forced to update win 10 - WHY!!??? Stop it!

forced to update win 10 - WHY!!??? Stop it!: Why are users forced win 10 updates? You've already destroyed my gameing-PC twice with the updates that it did not work anymore (Needs special drivers) - I had to invest many hours each time to restore my Gaming-PC. You have to give users the choice to install any updates or...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why are updates forced