Windows 10: Why are threads closed when a question is open-ended or has multiple answers?

Discus and support Why are threads closed when a question is open-ended or has multiple answers? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I wanted to respond to a question on hard drives spinning in windows 10 when the PC is not in use with my solution. Someone closed the thread. Why?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hidrologo, Jun 25, 2020.

1. hidrologo Win User

Why are threads closed when a question is open-ended or has multiple answers?

I wanted to respond to a question on hard drives spinning in windows 10 when the PC is not in use with my solution.

Someone closed the thread. Why?

:)

hidrologo, Jun 25, 2020
  2. Dice Vil Win User

open tab that won't close

Hi,

Kindly help us identify the issue properly by answering the following questions:

• Did you make any recent changes in your system before the issue began?
    • Does the issue occur every time you open your system?
    • Have you tried closing the window by ending the process via Task Manager?

We suggest running the SFC tool to scan for any corrupted system files that may be causing the issue to occur. You may refer to
    KB929833 for more information.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Dice Vil, Jun 25, 2020
  3. John Fue Win User
    [Video] Cortana immediantly gives an error, but answers my second question with the first question's answer.

Hi Devui,

We would like to suggest the following steps to address your concern:

• Turn Cortana off
    • Hold Ctrl+Shift and press Esc to open up
      Task Manager.
    • Right-click Cortana in the list of background processes and click
      End Task.
    • Go do the Cortana setup bits, putting in your name, activating required system things (indexing/location/etc), do the "Hey Cortana" bit so she recognizes how you say it. Then Restart before asking anything.

Best regards.

John Fue, Jun 25, 2020
  4. Why are threads closed when a question is open-ended or has multiple answers?

INTERNET EXPLORER WIN 10 NOT OPENING MULTIPLE TABS

Hello Harry,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like o ask you few questions:

• What is the error message/error code you get?

• Did you check if the settings of the browser has changed?

I suggest you to change the Internet Explorer settings by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Open Internet Explorer web browser and press
      Alt + X keys on the keyboard to open the browser settings.

• Select Internet Options from the menu.

• From the window, check Start with tabs from the last session under
      Startup option.

• Click on Apply and OK.

• Close and open the browser to check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 25, 2020
Thema:

Why are threads closed when a question is open-ended or has multiple answers?

1. Why are threads closed when a question is open-ended or has multiple answers? - Similar Threads - Why are threads

2. Answer the question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Answer the question: Is there for once someone from Microsoft who can give a straight answer:People have asked: What is aggregatorhost.exe and what does it do ?What we see is a lot of **** answers which is useless.So!! What is it and what does it do ?...
  3. Why has an answer to my question been considered spam and deleted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has an answer to my question been considered spam and deleted?: I asked this question "My question" ... and out of nowhere, a month later, the answer was deleted under the excuse it was spam.I have never heard anything so daft. How can I have the answer reinstated?...
  4. Why has an answer to my question been considered spam and deleted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why has an answer to my question been considered spam and deleted?: I asked this question "My question" ... and out of nowhere, a month later, the answer was deleted under the excuse it was spam.I have never heard anything so daft. How can I have the answer reinstated?...
  5. Why has an answer to my question been considered spam and deleted?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Why is the thread to my question locked.????????????????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the thread to my question locked.????????????????: why is the thread locked on a question i asked ?? says the question thread is locked from receiving future replies. why is it locked, is my first question. who locked it and why. But the bigger question is.....what does that even mean. What the hell is a "THREAD" and what did...
  7. Why is the thread to my question locked.????????????????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the thread to my question locked.????????????????: why is the thread locked on a question i asked ?? says the question thread is locked from receiving future replies. why is it locked, is my first question. who locked it and why. But the bigger question is.....what does that even mean. What the hell is a "THREAD" and what did...
  8. Why lock a thread when the question HASN'T BEEN ANSWERED?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why lock a thread when the question HASN'T BEEN ANSWERED?: I have a new Win10 tablet PC. Every time I swipe down on the touchpad, it would display: To use dictation, select a text field" in a pop-up at the top of the screen. That pop-up would remain until I cleared it. I don't want to use dictation. Ever. So, I disabled Speech...
  9. Why can I no longer post answers on threads

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why can I no longer post answers on threads: Why can I no longer post answers on threads. Keeps saying Oopss something went wrong. Do you need a degree to post on here....
  10. BSOD Thread not being answered? Here's why...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Thread not being answered? Here's why...: [img] Information To debug crash dump files analysts need to download symbols from Microsoft to be able to analyse each individual dump file. While Windows 10 is still in Preview flights most symbols are unavailable. If you're wondering why your BSOD thread isn't...