Windows 10: Why are updates no longer available?

Discus and support Why are updates no longer available? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Once upon a time, I used to get updates. (Up until approx. 2 years ago) Nothing works, and now I'm stuck with 1607, and my system will soon be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by norcal3535, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Why are updates no longer available?

Once upon a time, I used to get updates. (Up until approx. 2 years ago) Nothing works, and now I'm stuck with 1607, and my system will soon be obsolete. Updates are supposed to be seamless. I can't even go back to my previous windows system. Why does Microsoft do this? : (

Why are updates no longer available? 8dd4688c-cb8c-4b52-b1b6-8d159890b94d?upload=true.png

:)

norcal3535, Sep 30, 2018
  2. malware Win User

Counter-Strike: Source Update Available

Updates to Counter-Strike: Source and the Source Engine have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The specific changes include:
    • Added cs_militia with High Dynamic Range (HDR) lighting
    • Fixed player name crash exploit
    • Fixed rare visibility issue near portals such as doorways and windows
    • Fixed a bug that occasionally resulted in doors becoming stuck closed
    • Fixed animation issue with shotgun reloads interrupting fire animations
    • Fixed bug where footsteps sometimes sounded for crouched players on stairs or slopes (they no longer do)
    • Fixed buy menu locking up if keypad Enter is bound to "buymenu"
    • Detail props sway in the breeze now
    • Underwater observers no longer play drowning damage sounds
    • Hostages can open doors and step up onto ledges/stairs now
    Source: Steam

malware, Sep 30, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel Gives Core i3 and Core i5 Dual-Core Processors K0 Stepping Update

Intel is giving some existing 32 nm "Clarkdale" based Core i3 and Core i5 processors an update. The processors will transition to the new K0 stepping from the existing C2 stepping. The parts that will be made on the K0 silicon are Core i3 models 530 (new sSPEC: SLBX7), 540 (new sSPEC: SLBTD) and Core i5 models 650 (new sSPEC: SLBTJ), 660/661 (SLBTK/SLBTB), 670 (SLBTL). Newer and upcoming models such as the i3-550, i3-560, i5-665K, and i5-680 are already being built on the K0 stepping die. Motherboards will require a BIOS update to support the new K0 stepping processors.

The K0 stepping change includes the following highlights:
    • New S-spec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • Extended CPUID will change from 0x00020652 to 0x00020655
    • Host RevID will change from 0x12 to 0x18
    • K0 stepping package is pin compatible with C2 stepping package
    • Adds Processor Context ID (PCID) support
    The revised older SKUs that are built on K0 stepping will be market-available by October 16.

btarunr, Sep 30, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Why are updates no longer available?

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Why are updates no longer available? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

Why are updates no longer available?

1. Why are updates no longer available? - Similar Threads - Why are updates

2. Pin no longer available due to a bios update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin no longer available due to a bios update: I was just updating my MSI bios, it went all normal until windows says my pin no longer works. BUT i can't remember my password because i can't remember i saved it. And i can't reset the password because i have a local account, and the wizard requires a file to reset which i...
  3. PIN no longer available following update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN no longer available following update: I updated Windows 10 today. At the same time my bios updated on my HP laptop. I have been unable to login since as the PIN option is no longer available. I don't think I set up a password when I bought the laptop, only a PIN. I've tried to get in using safe mode but it still...
  4. PIN no longer available following update

PIN no longer available following update: I updated Windows 10 today. At the same time my bios updated on my HP laptop. I have been unable to login since as the PIN option is no longer available. I don't think I set up a password when I bought the laptop, only a PIN. I've tried to get in using safe mode but it still...
  5. PIN no longer available following update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. PIN no longer available

PIN no longer available: Yesterday, the motherboard of my PC was replaced by Dell Technician. When I switched on the PC after the completion of service and setup of some things already done by the Dell technician, it showed "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on...
  7. Bluetooth no longer available

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth no longer available: While I was using my laptop with my bluetooth mouse, the mouse suddenly stopped working. When I went into my settings, the bluetooth toggle button, which had been there earlier, had disappeared. I had not downloaded any new updates, drivers, or files from the internet. I went...
  8. Bluetooth no longer available

Bluetooth no longer available: While I was using my laptop with my bluetooth mouse, the mouse suddenly stopped working. When I went into my settings, the bluetooth toggle button, which had been there earlier, had disappeared. I had not downloaded any new updates, drivers, or files from the internet. I went...
  9. Pin no longer available

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin no longer available: we ought my mom a new computer and set it up. The next day we tried to open it and a screen comes up and says pin is no loner avaialbe due to change in security settings. It says to go to sett8ngs account sign in options but we canr even get there. What do we do?...
  10. Windows Update App no longer available?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update App no longer available?: I no longer have a Windows update app to check for updates as I typically do. When I type in 'Windows Update' in the Search the web and Windows, the App always popped up for me to select it to check updates. It is no longer there? Using Windows 10 Pro 64bit, desktop, fresh...