Windows 10: Why are updates so big and not stoppable?

Discus and support Why are updates so big and not stoppable? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why even when I attempt to set limits and stuff I have to deal with microsoft downloading updates in the middle of doing something?+ It uses 100% of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Fitmo, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Fitmo Win User

Why are updates so big and not stoppable?

Why even when I attempt to set limits and stuff I have to deal with microsoft downloading updates in the middle of doing something?+ It uses 100% of my internet so I can't do anything if I don't notice it

Is there a way to FULLY disable updates and only update when I want it to?

Latest update literally took 20GB of my almost already full C: drive

:)

Fitmo, Apr 1, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Why are updates so big and not stoppable? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 1, 2021
  3. KB3106246 with absolutely no information intended to be the big fall update?

Hi Sonya,

Thank you for responding.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Do let us know what is the exact issue you are facing with Windows Update KB3106246?

Step 1: I suggest you to Run Memory Diagnostic Tool
    and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows
      key and type Memory Diagnostic.

• Select Windows Memory Diagnostics
      and click on Restart now and check for problems.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.

• Press Windows
      key and type updates.

• Click on Check for updates.

• Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.

• Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 1, 2021
  4. btarunr Win User

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Why are updates so big and not stoppable? - Similar Threads - Why are updates

2. Why is my Windows 10 paging file so big?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my Windows 10 paging file so big?: Right now, I'm running on my PC Windows 10 Pro 19045 with all the updates installed. I verify through the photo I send attached that currently the size of the paging file that is being managed automatically by the system is about 8Gb. Considering that I am using a SATA SSD...
  3. Why is my Windows 10 paging file so big?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my Windows 10 paging file so big?: Right now, I'm running on my PC Windows 10 Pro 19045 with all the updates installed. I verify through the photo I send attached that currently the size of the paging file that is being managed automatically by the system is about 8Gb. Considering that I am using a SATA SSD...
  4. Why is my Windows 10 paging file so big?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why is my text so big?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is my text so big?: Why is my text so big when i move things between folders im not sure whats going on or if its a glitch but its really annoying all the other text is normal but when i move things in folders its really huge...
  6. Why is my taskbar so big on one monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is my taskbar so big on one monitor?: [IMG] I have 2 extra monitors for my laptop setup at home. Today, my main (not the laptop) monitor's taskbar doubled in size, and increased the size of the app icons, but not the icons on the right. I have checked the taskbar settings and the use smaller taskbar buttons...
  7. Why is the text so damn big?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is the text so damn big?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ImDeadInside27 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hmb9ro/why_is_the_text_so_damn_big/
  8. Why Is Ditto Clipboard Manager So Big?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why Is Ditto Clipboard Manager So Big?: Hi all, just a quick question, I have been using the Ditto Clipboard Manager program for a while now. I was noticing under the uninstall apps section that the size of Ditto is 440mb. Is that correct? For a clipboard app? Could someone that is using Ditto please check and see...
  9. Why is my taskbar so big?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is my taskbar so big?: I have the small taskbar buttons options on, and the automatically hid in desktop mode. It used to be only as tall as the small buttons, but it has randomly gotten much taller the last few times I've logged on. It's now over 2 inches tall and the still small icons are just...
  10. Why the big updates - features 1703 and 1709?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why the big updates - features 1703 and 1709?: I understand the need for updates to Windows Ten. But why are they so massive? I recently installed the Creator's Update 1703. That was something like 5GB. It's only been a few weeks and now I have to update another Creator Update 1709, which is like 4.4GB. I'm not...