Windows 10: why are video project saving in mp4

Discus and support why are video project saving in mp4 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; i am finding that my video projects are only saving to mp4 files, and then not able to be opened by the recipient. how do i change or fix?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TracyBartley1, Aug 10, 2019.

1. why are video project saving in mp4

i am finding that my video projects are only saving to mp4 files, and then not able to be opened by the recipient. how do i change or fix?

:)

TracyBartley1, Aug 10, 2019
  2. rosearts Win User

photo app video project

Hello,

I have made a video project on the Windows 10 Photo App. I have exported the file to a mp4, and can find that just fine. However, I can't find where the actual video project - the one that I can edit - is saved. I would like to back it up in case I ever
    want to edit it.

Thanks!

rosearts, Aug 10, 2019
  3. RS Z28 Win User
    Microsoft Video Project - Lost Photos in Video Project for Grandfather's Wake: HELP!

Did the PC just do an update ?????

Are the photos .jpg

Open C:\

or C:\Users

In the search box type in

.jpg

or try these extensions if you do not know the file extensions.

,bmp

.png

when you see one of the photos, look where it shows the folder or location it is in and then go to that folder by right clicking on one of the files and select OPEN FOLDER/FILE LOCATION

And making a video project out of photos saves the project in a file type for the program you are using until you actually create the video. This is so when you have an incomplete project, you can save the project and come back later to finish it and then
    rip it into a video. If you move the photos before you complete the project, then the project file can not find and load the photos to finish the project. The video will probably be mp4.

RS Z28, Aug 10, 2019
  4. why are video project saving in mp4

MP4 Personal Video files lag after August 2016 update (windows 10)

Hi Nicki,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Video playback troubleshooter and check

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Video playback options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to copy the files from your computer to another working computer and check if you are able to access them.

This will let us know if the issue is with specific files types on your computer.

Hope it helps. Update of the status of accessing MP4 Personal Video files for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

why are video project saving in mp4

1. why are video project saving in mp4 - Similar Threads - why are video

2. Mp4 videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mp4 videos: Hi could someone please help me to get my mp4 videos to play in windows 11, I have tried the fix for media player compression thing, but the instructions are for windows 10and I do not get the same options, so cant do it. Does anyone know the steps for windows 11. All i get...
  3. Mp4 videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mp4 videos: Hi could someone please help me to get my mp4 videos to play in windows 11, I have tried the fix for media player compression thing, but the instructions are for windows 10and I do not get the same options, so cant do it. Does anyone know the steps for windows 11. All i get...
  4. codec for mp4 video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    codec for mp4 video: when i copy over a mp4 video from my pc to usb jump drive, i get this error message:Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file.anyone knows how to solve this issue?...
  5. Video Editor saved project location?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Video Editor saved project location?: I have a saved project in windows "Video Editor". Where do the files reside for this project? I am attempting to move my PC from a backed up version and need to know where I can put the old project files. I just need to locate them now. submitted by /u/deathnutz [link]...
  6. Windows 10 Video Editor Refuses to Save Project

Windows 10 Video Editor Refuses to Save Project: Video editor refuses to finish the video I've been working on. I've tried resetting the program, and several other things. Still getting the "file is in use" error message, reference # 0x80070020...
  7. Video Project

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Video Project: I did a reset of windows keeping all files, but I've lost all my "videos in process" from the Photo app. Is there any way to retrieve these? I thought the reset kept all files....
  8. Video Project

Video Project: I uploaded photos to Video Project but can't get the photos back. How do I do this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-project/83663d69-2279-4afb-971c-d6825a9493e3
  9. Saved Video Project in Windows 10 photo app

Saved Video Project in Windows 10 photo app: After trying to add more photos to my continuing photo video project, it has arbitrarily stopped opening. Keep getting a message that project won't open and to try again in a few moments. Have been trying off and on for over 24 hours. What is wrong? Did an update mess this...
  10. video project

video project: I created a video with a song and had it almost done, now the pictures are missing, in its place it says "we can not find this file". Not sure why they disappeared in the first place. Very frustrating. Also I tried to add a second song and couldn't?...