Windows 10: Why are VMs so slow?

Discus and support Why are VMs so slow? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I've run Windows 7 in Oracle Virtual Box. I've run Windows 10 in VM Ware Workstation Player. The host runs fast. It's an i7-7700K. The VMs run slow.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by margrave55, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Why are VMs so slow?

I've run Windows 7 in Oracle Virtual Box.
    I've run Windows 10 in VM Ware Workstation Player.

The host runs fast. It's an i7-7700K.
    The VMs run slow.

Why?

:)

margrave55, Mar 25, 2019
  2. Derek12 Win User

Running your Browser in a VM?

• Install VMware Player or Virtualbox, VMware being faster in my experience
    • Create a VM with sufficent RAM HD and all CPU cores
    • Install Ubuntu/Linux Mint/Debian or some lightweight distro with Xcfe or LXDE
    • Install VMware/Virtualbox tools
    • Almost any distro comes with Firefox
    • Install Ublock Origin/Noscript/Ghostery
    • Disable cookies with a whitelist/use private browsing.
    In my experience, running a browser through a VM can slow down scrolling smoothness, video playback and increase ping delay

Derek12, Mar 25, 2019
  3. BobLeurck Win User
    Edge seems to be slow and lockup in any VM

Original title: Why Does Egde Suck ?

Edge seems to be slow and lockup in any VM . Hard to use

BobLeurck, Mar 25, 2019
  4. mbmeadows Win User

Why are VMs so slow?

Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Mar 25, 2019
Thema:

Why are VMs so slow?

1. Why are VMs so slow? - Similar Threads - Why are VMs

2. Why is the output of my router so slow?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is the output of my router so slow?: Directly off the modem, I get over 200 Gbps. Attach the modem to the router and, only five feet away, I only get about 15 Mbps. So frustrating. The efficiency is so low!!! Can someone please give me some ideas on how to get the speed I'm paying for? Thank you........... 129051
  3. Why is the xbox & Xbox app so slow?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the xbox & Xbox app so slow?: I have multiple computers including one computer that has I7-6700k over clocked 5.0Ghz, with 32GB RAM, M.2 SSD I have used both Xbox One and Xbox One S I have a stock HP laptop, I have used the app on multiple Samsung phones, from S5, S6 edge+, J7 Star, S8, S9 I have...
  4. Why is my computer so slow?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is my computer so slow?: My computer has a fast startup, but once I sign in, I can't for the life of me use anything for a solid couple of minutes. I click to open chrome, it opens 30 seconds later and freezes for another 30 seconds when I type something. Basically, any app I open after startup takes...
  5. Why Windows 10 1809 is so slow?

Why Windows 10 1809 is so slow?: I Download Windows 10 and i have installed it.Well ITS SO SLOW. I cant do anything. Even play old games with low ram.I guess i ll download windows 7.WINDOWS 10 IS SO F*CKING BAD...
  6. Why is windows 10 so dreadfully slow?

Why is windows 10 so dreadfully slow?: Why is windows 10 so dreadfully slow? My old computer running XP Professional is far superior..... * Original title: Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/why-is-windows-10-so-dreadfully-slow/1cfa7934-a61f-4df4-a363-325abfa79879
  7. Why is this windows 10 computer so damn slow.

Why is this windows 10 computer so damn slow.: Why is this windows 10 computer so damn slow. that stupid circle that goes round and round when it is thinking just keeps thinking for about ten minutes or until i get pissed of and shut this p.o.s. down then it will restart and work ok not good just ok...
  8. Why is the new Outlook Mail so slow?

in Browsers and Email
    Why is the new Outlook Mail so slow?: Ever since Outlook got updated (some weeks ago), it's been running incredibly slow and lags my entire browser. Anyone else have this happen, and is there anything to fix this? 58843
  9. why is w10 so slow to read a partition?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why is w10 so slow to read a partition?: Hi why is w10 so slow to read a partition ? for example if i click on a partition J , w10 start to read the partition but is a lot slower then w7 [img] 36445
  10. why so slow?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    why so slow?: i have a brand new computer with windows 10 installed and it took over 12 hours to download a 100MB file, plus it cannot stream. Its like I'm on a dial up connection, except at adsl2 prices. Its incredibly frustrating and clearly the reason why apple always comes out on top....