Windows 10: Why are we being forced to update windows...I am fine the way it is and do to the negative...

Discus and support Why are we being forced to update windows...I am fine the way it is and do to the negative... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why are we being forced to update windows...I am fine the way it is and do to the negative comments, I prefer no more prompts.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HoustonByrd, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Why are we being forced to update windows...I am fine the way it is and do to the negative...

Why are we being forced to update windows...I am fine the way it is and do to the negative comments, I prefer no more prompts.

:)

HoustonByrd, Aug 24, 2020
  2. m4gicfour Win User

Windows 10 forced download

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Aug 24, 2020
  3. input of slides and negatives

Hi Rebecca,

I realize that you are facing issues with input slides and negatives. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    Suggest you to boot the computer in a clean boot state and check if that helps. A clean boot state will help us to determine if any 3rd party service or application is causing this issue.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow the steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” in the article to boot to normal startup.

Reply with the status of the issue and we will be glad to offer our assistance.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Aug 24, 2020
  4. Why are we being forced to update windows...I am fine the way it is and do to the negative...

When ads get in the way they have negative impact

I just had a popup appear in the lower right corner of my 1920x1080 screen suggesting that I could get some app and not miss reminders again.

Problem was, the lower portion of the message was clipped, so I couldn't tell what app it was. There was also no way for me to dismiss the message and it covered up my IM app for about a minute or so interrupting my conversation. Yeah, not a long time but
    it was a negative experience, and the quality of the message was terrible, so why would I get the app?

If you force ads on people, they better be a positive experience.

This has harmed my opinion of Microsoft.

TypicalUser25346798, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

Why are we being forced to update windows...I am fine the way it is and do to the negative...

1. Why are we being forced to update windows...I am fine the way it is and do to the negative... - Similar Threads - Why are being

2. Why am I being forced to change my PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I being forced to change my PIN: “Your organization is requiring you to change your PIN to meet minimum digit requirement.” Out of the blue message on the Lock Screen requiring me to change my PIN. I am not an organization. I do not belong to an organization. Why is there suddenly “an organization” dictating...
  3. Why am I being forced to change my PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I being forced to change my PIN: “Your organization is requiring you to change your PIN to meet minimum digit requirement.” Out of the blue message on the Lock Screen requiring me to change my PIN. I am not an organization. I do not belong to an organization. Why is there suddenly “an organization” dictating...
  4. Why am I being forced to download Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why am I being forced to download Windows 11?: About a month ago my desktop computer downloaded an update for Windows 11 22h2 and asked me for a time to restart. I have a laptop that received the same update but had an option to stay on Windows 10. Earlier today I sucked it up went through the download and immediately did...
  5. Why am I being forced to download Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why am I being forced to download Windows 11?: About a month ago my desktop computer downloaded an update for Windows 11 22h2 and asked me for a time to restart. I have a laptop that received the same update but had an option to stay on Windows 10. Earlier today I sucked it up went through the download and immediately did...
  6. Why am I being forced to download Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Why am I forced to update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why am I forced to update: I don't get it, I see there's an update Microsoft. I hit shut down instead of update and restart for a reason. So many times I leave my computer and hit shut down just to come back and realize my computer has been sitting idle for a whole day after it decided to update and...
  8. Why am I being forced to change my PIN?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why am I being forced to change my PIN?: I am told that "my organisation" requires me to change my PIN. There is now a "PIN Requirements" link saying I need at least 5 digits and sequences not allowed. This is my own PC, not any organisations. I've had the same PIN quite happily for some long time and I don't want...
  9. why am I being force to use a pin number

in Windows 10 Customization
    why am I being force to use a pin number: Please let me know how to stop computer from asking for a pin number? why do you keep asking for me to get a pin number that I do not want? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-being-force-to-use-a-pin-number/730f9660-8686-460a-9f0c-88cd43d1ca78
  10. Why am I being forced to change my PIN number?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why am I being forced to change my PIN number?: I am aware that this question has been previously asked, but it seems that this question was not fully answered. Since the password is only for logging into the computer itself, why does it appear that "my organization" required me to change my PIN number? I've only had my...