Windows 10: Why are windows 10 alarms so utterly unreliable?

Discus and support Why are windows 10 alarms so utterly unreliable? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't....... thing is, with an alarm, it's kinda crucial that they absolutely work without fail 100% of the time.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by WinHater101, Mar 22, 2019.

1. Why are windows 10 alarms so utterly unreliable?

Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't....... thing is, with an alarm, it's kinda crucial that they absolutely work without fail 100% of the time.

Windows 10 is a real big turd.

No surprise there.

Thanks.

:)

WinHater101, Mar 22, 2019
  2. jotway Win User

Alarms app is unreliable and I cant uninstall it

I have a Nokia 1520 running windows 8.1 and is automatically updated.

The Alarms app is unreliable in that sometimes it works but does not repeat.

I have tried turning the phone off and on but that does not fix the Alarms app problem.

I want to delete the Alarms app but when I tap on it in my apps list only the "pin to start" option is displayed. There is no delete option. Is this because it is part of the operating system?

Can anyone help me as I am dependent on a reliable alarm.

jotway, Mar 22, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 22, 2019
  4. Mark Ole Win User

Why are windows 10 alarms so utterly unreliable?

Windows 10 Alarm

Hi Marc,

To address your concern, we suggest that you synchronize the system clock with an internet time server in Windows 10. To do that, follow these steps:

• Open the Control Panel, and click on the Date and Time icon.
    • Click/on the Internet Time tab, and click on the Change settings
      button. If prompted by UAC, click on Yes.
    • Check the Synchronize with an Internet time server box, select a time server, and click on
      Update now. If an error occurred, click on Update now again to see if it may successfully synchronize. When the clock is successfully synchronized, click on
      OK.
    • Click on OK.
    • Go to Alarm & Clock app and test the alarm.

Let us know how it goes after performing the steps.

Mark Ole, Mar 22, 2019
Thema:

Why are windows 10 alarms so utterly unreliable?

1. Why are windows 10 alarms so utterly unreliable? - Similar Threads - Why are alarms

2. Why is Windows 11 Bluetooth so unreliable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Windows 11 Bluetooth so unreliable?: No other operating systems I have used iOS, MacOS, Linux, iPadOS, Android have had anywhere near as many Bluetooth issues as Windows. It seems like every day my Sony WH-1000 XM4 headphones, probably the most popular high-end Bluetooth headphones on the market, stutter,...
  3. Why is Windows 11 Bluetooth so unreliable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is Windows 11 Bluetooth so unreliable?: No other operating systems I have used iOS, MacOS, Linux, iPadOS, Android have had anywhere near as many Bluetooth issues as Windows. It seems like every day my Sony WH-1000 XM4 headphones, probably the most popular high-end Bluetooth headphones on the market, stutter,...
  4. Why my windows 10 laptop alarm ringing SO SO SO LATE????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my windows 10 laptop alarm ringing SO SO SO LATE????: So here's the thing.... I set up my alarm to 6:45. And somehow it rings at 12.36 and it didn't ring at all before i knew it because i woke up by my phone alarm at 06.30. I didn't turn off my laptop nor i mute my laptop volume. This happens almost every single day. It only...
  5. Why my windows 10 laptop alarm ringing SO SO SO LATE????

Why my windows 10 laptop alarm ringing SO SO SO LATE????: So here's the thing.... I set up my alarm to 6:45. And somehow it rings at 12.36 and it didn't ring at all before i knew it because i woke up by my phone alarm at 06.30. I didn't turn off my laptop nor i mute my laptop volume. This happens almost every single day. It only...
  6. Why my windows 10 laptop alarm ringing SO SO SO LATE????

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Why is mdsched so unreliable?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is mdsched so unreliable?: Because of repeated BSODs (memory management, page fault, and numerous others), problems with installers, and certain programs running unstable, I ran mdsched to test my RAM. The tool reported zero errors, and even after a couple of runs kept insisting that everything's fine,...
  8. Why is windows 10’s reinstall feature so bad and unreliable?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is windows 10’s reinstall feature so bad and unreliable?: I’m new to this sub so hopefully I have the correct flare So in April I bought a laptop that came with windows 10 pro. The machine worked totally fine, but when I did the reset/reinstall of windows it completely corrupted. It took me several hours and trials of using a...
  9. Why is Windows 10 webcam app such utter BS?

Why is Windows 10 webcam app such utter BS?: I clicked on the video icon - it changed from camera to video - all good so far. I didn't know how to start recording because its' so unintuitive - but I clicked the video camera icon again and it began to record - OK! Minimized the cam and got on with the party. Party...
  10. why is why computers internet so unreliable?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why is why computers internet so unreliable?: For about the past week my computer has been taking a lot longer to load web pages and videos than it ever has before. before then i would occasionally need to reset my network adapter because "the default gateway was not available", but now even the troubleshooters can't...