Windows 10: Why are Windows' "tiles" so horrible?

Discus and support Why are Windows' "tiles" so horrible? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I really like the idea behind Windows tiles, but the concept has been horribly executed. I recently purchased a new desktop and for the first time, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DevinBradley1, Jun 2, 2021.

1. Why are Windows' "tiles" so horrible?

I really like the idea behind Windows tiles, but the concept has been horribly executed. I recently purchased a new desktop and for the first time, I wanted to put effort in to personalizing it. For me, this meant removing all icons from the desktop and optimizing my start menu. Now, tiles function fairly well for most apps. The massive exception unfortunately is games. Unless a game is available through Microsoft, using tiles is frustrating to say the least. You can't pin shortcuts to the start menu for one. Even if you figure out how to add them via the program data folder, they end up loo

:)

DevinBradley1, Jun 2, 2021

2. Maxwell and Pascal "secretly" use tile based rasterization

I suspect this is still not full tile based rendering the way ARM Mali does, keeping lists of geometry primitives per tile in each hierarchy level. This seems only tiling of a rasterization step.
    In pipeline after geometry is done, gpu seems to run full pixel shader with full gpu on each first level tile serially from left to right, top to bottom. Second level could be as well done in immediate rasterization mode but coverage pattern using tiny tiles helps with cache hits - remember, maxwell and pascal have multiple levels of cache in their gpu. Tiles must be appropriately sized by driver to ensure best usage of gpu cache.

BiggieShady, Jun 2, 2021
  3. how to stop moving tiles

Hi Larry,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to stop moving Windows live tiles.

• Right click on the live tile.
    • Click on more option.
    • select turn off live tile option.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Jun 2, 2021
  4. Why are Windows' "tiles" so horrible?

Live tiles not working Windows 10

I tried your suggestions, but when I got to the 'Apps & Features' list, none of my tiles were listed.

Thank-you for trying to help.

DorothyFabi, Jun 2, 2021
Thema:

Why are Windows' "tiles" so horrible?

1. Why are Windows' "tiles" so horrible? - Similar Threads - Why are Windows'

2. taskbar is horrible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    taskbar is horrible: I fight with the taskbar every day. Whoever decided to force the taskbar on the screen should be fired. Every time a window opens in the background, I have to find where it is in order to use anything at the bottom of the screen like printing. Even when I could care less...
  3. Why is Windows team so obsessed with the weather? This is the sixth time I remove this tile...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is Windows team so obsessed with the weather? This is the sixth time I remove this tile...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/S_IV [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ldtwyf/why_is_windows_team_so_obsessed_with_the_weather/
  4. Why are all my transfer speeds horrible?

Why are all my transfer speeds horrible?: My SSD as well as all flash drives seem to transfer at a crawl. I'm currently trying to transfer a 16GB movie from my SSD to my USB drive, and it's transfering at a measily 4MBps. I looked it up online, and th is USB is supposed to transfer at a speed of around 420MBps. I'm...
  5. So why??????????!!!!

So why??????????!!!!: Why does the control panel on the system tab open when I press Windows + PrtScn.And why not let me take a screenshot instead .2 days ago it works but now ... submitted by /u/rares_G2004 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/izkvlo/so_why/
  6. THIS LOOKS HORRIBLE

in Windows 10 Customization
    THIS LOOKS HORRIBLE: When i tried the windows 10 dark theme, my normal edge icon turned into this monstrosity [ATTACH] It's gone now, but why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-looks-horrible/78639924-b82a-4e93-87ff-0aee08cec56b
  7. why is the microsoft app store so horrible?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    why is the microsoft app store so horrible?: there are multiple fake copies of things that are already free?? cant get decent games or even YouTube? and why cant I download games from the internet, like I spent money on them and it just making me waste my money?...
  8. windows 10 horribleness

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 horribleness: are people at MS taking this seriously??? been on windows 10 for probably 2 years and it just keeps getting worse, i have always hated OSx, and love my Lenovo thinkpads, but damn, seriously contemplating. So much horribleness. can't even remember wifi networks.. comon...
  9. Audio is horrible every minute or so.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio is horrible every minute or so.: I am trying to listen to some music using my Bluetooth headphone. Normally this works quite OK (modulo the usual BT lightning strokes that seem to never go completely away, but normally these are typically split seconds and "only" every minute or so. But today, the music...
  10. Live tiles not so live

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Live tiles not so live: If I reboot my computer everyday, the live tiles work mostly. But, I don't reboot everyday so live tiles, are not only not live, but some don't work at all. Case in point: I never get an email notification in the tile. (I'm assuming I should); when I click on weather a blank...