Windows 10: Why are windows' updates ruined my battery life? how can I fix my battery!

Discus and support Why are windows' updates ruined my battery life? how can I fix my battery! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; when battery is at 20%, the saver mode , computer shut down immediately! I checked it this time when I plugged in the charger, it was 1% then it hit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mahmoud_I, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Mahmoud_I Win User

Why are windows' updates ruined my battery life? how can I fix my battery!

when battery is at 20%, the saver mode , computer shut down immediately!

I checked it this time when I plugged in the charger, it was 1% then it hit 20% … 40% on 5 minutes???

I don't understand what is this issue? how can I fix it!

really, I don't like these updates, it's like 90% of these updates aren't useful at all.

:)

Mahmoud_I, Sep 20, 2018

2. battery life

good evening,

has anyone noticed a shortened battery life with windows 10 or is around 2 hours good for a laptop battery to last without using the charger. I bought my dell e6410 with windows 7 ultimate on it but only used it for a little while that night before upgrading it to windows 10 pro so really don't know if it lost any battery life. it has the i5 2.67 processor and the backlit keyboard. also seems to be the original battery for it as well.

pitbullpup, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Bad battery life

Good to know, I think. Battery life on my Yoga 2 Pro has taken a noticeable hit since installing the new OS.

pseudoware, Sep 20, 2018
  4. Why are windows' updates ruined my battery life? how can I fix my battery!

The battery life

Hi boerab61,

Battery life varies from phone model to phone model, even when they're from the same OEM. For instance, the HTC Titan II has a different battery life than a HTC HD7. However, your particular battery life can be varied depending on several factors:

• Strength of your phone carrier signal. If you're in areas of low or terrible coverage, then your phone will consume more energy trying to maintain a connection with a cell tower.
    • High usage of GPS can also drain the battery quickly because the GPS sensor consumes a lot of energy. By the way, if you are using GPS a lot, you can actually improve battery life by leaving WiFi on, as Windows Phone can quickly pull geolocation info from
      WiFi routers, even if you're not connected to them.
    With that in mind, here's some suggestions to try to extend the life of your battery.

Reduce the load on your battery:

• Decrease screen brightness.

• Set Timeout duration on Backlight.

• Set Auto-Off Timeout duration for 1 minute or less (device turns off).
    • Throttle down your CPU speed.

• Remove external devices (SD Cards, etc)
    Turn off appropriate radios on your device:

• Turn off Bluetooth transceiver when not in use.

• Turn off WiFi transceiver when not in use (except when using GPS).

• Turn off GPS receiver when not in use.

• Turn off Cell transceiver when not in use.
    Change the way you do things with your device:

• Minimize media playback use.
    • Minimize use of e-mail and browsing.

• Once in a while (every few weeks), drain battery until dead, then recharge 100%
    • Keep a spare charger in your car and/or office.

Again, these are the ways you can consume battery life and yes, some are extreme but if you're serious about conserving your phone's battery, these are some great suggestions.

I hope this helps!

David

David Scammell, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

Why are windows' updates ruined my battery life? how can I fix my battery!

1. Why are windows' updates ruined my battery life? how can I fix my battery! - Similar Threads - Why are windows'

2. How do I fix the awful battery life on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix the awful battery life on my laptop: I bought my acer swift x back in January of 2022. I used it to game for a few months until I got a real gaming desktop, and I always used my acer plugged in. I stopped using it as frequently, but recently I started using it for school back in august of this year. When I first...
  3. How do I fix the awful battery life on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix the awful battery life on my laptop: I bought my acer swift x back in January of 2022. I used it to game for a few months until I got a real gaming desktop, and I always used my acer plugged in. I stopped using it as frequently, but recently I started using it for school back in august of this year. When I first...
  4. How to fix awful battery life

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix awful battery life: My battery life on my surface pro 5 only lasts about 10-20 minutes fully charged, even with brightness to the lowest, battery saver on 24/7, and no background apps running. When I test the maximum capacity of my battery, it is different every time, usually from 10% of the...
  5. How to fix awful battery life

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix awful battery life: My battery life on my surface pro 5 only lasts about 10-20 minutes fully charged, even with brightness to the lowest, battery saver on 24/7, and no background apps running. When I test the maximum capacity of my battery, it is different every time, usually from 10% of the...
  6. How to fix awful battery life

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Laptops Battery Life Ruined By New Windows Update KB5005033

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptops Battery Life Ruined By New Windows Update KB5005033: After a new Windows update that I installed two days ago, on 14.08, my laptop's battery life went down from 8 hours to 1.5 hours, and the CPU started to heat up. The update is the cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 x64 KB5005033. It basically ruined my laptop. My...
  8. Battery Life Ruined By Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Battery Life Ruined By Windows Update: So I have used my laptop for a couple of months at its point with no problem. The battery life was 8 hours, and it kept cool, with the CPU and GPU at around 40C under regular workload. However, recently, my battery life went down to 1.5 hours, and my CPU started to heat up to...
  9. battery life

battery life: what is the approx. life of the battery in my HP ENVY x360 touchsmart laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/782d5872-5675-4c2f-8ea6-ebed16048580
  10. Battery life

Battery life: kindly i need your support after i upgraded my windows to windows 10 the battery get drained while the pc is off and i don't know what to do for that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-life/07efec83-d943-4a1c-8b58-842af7ce93ba