Windows 10: Why aren't my brightness keys working?

Discus and support Why aren't my brightness keys working? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Every other key works and even the F keys assigned to them F3 & F4 work by themselves. It's just the brightness function doesn't work.I don't know why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jeremiah Tooten, Oct 13, 2023.

1. Why aren't my brightness keys working?

Every other key works and even the F keys assigned to them F3 & F4 work by themselves. It's just the brightness function doesn't work.I don't know why it just happened suddenly when I "reset this pc". The laptop is a HP EliteBook 840 G7 Notebook.

:)

Jeremiah Tooten, Oct 13, 2023
  2. sammy Win User

Brightness not working on Windows10.

Hi ,

On my Dell 5559 Windows 10 , brightness not working.

Have tried few steps from youtube videos but did not work.

Please guide.

Thanks.

sammy, Oct 13, 2023
  3. John Sarc Win User
    Brightness Control not working in Windows 10

Hi Ella,

To adjust the brightness, see the steps below:

• Go back to Power Options, and tick on the High performance.
    • See if you can adjust the brightness.

If this not work, we highly suggest that you create an Administrator account, and re-do the steps above.

Let us know how it goes.

John Sarc, Oct 13, 2023
  4. dalchina Win User

Why aren't my brightness keys working?

Changing brightness is no longer smooth with function keys on 1903

Hi, There's a the slider for brightness at the bottom of the Action Centre (build 1903).

If you'd be prepared to consider an alternative... how about smooth control of brightness using your scroll wheel?
    Press a key, plus scroll, and adjust your brightness.

The key and the steps are your choice.

Oh, and it can adjust volume similarly.

Works nicely on my Lenovo Thinkpad, where the Fn key steps for brightness are a bit harsh.

Volumouse (free):
    Volumouse - control the sound volume with a wheel mouse

dalchina, Oct 13, 2023
Thema:

Why aren't my brightness keys working?

1. Why aren't my brightness keys working? - Similar Threads - Why aren't brightness

2. Brightness keys aren't working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness keys aren't working after update: Hi, I have older generation Samsung laptop, after installing new Windows 10 from recovery in settings my brightness keys are not workingFn + f2/f3. any other functions are working without a problem: volume, touchpad on/off, screen on/off etc. tried updating monitor drivers in...
  3. Brightness keys aren't working after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness keys aren't working after update: Hi, I have older generation Samsung laptop, after installing new Windows 10 from recovery in settings my brightness keys are not workingFn + f2/f3. any other functions are working without a problem: volume, touchpad on/off, screen on/off etc. tried updating monitor drivers in...
  4. Brightness keys aren't working after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Why aren't my brightness keys working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why aren't my brightness keys working?: Every other key works and even the F keys assigned to them F3 & F4 work by themselves. It's just the brightness function doesn't work.I don't know why it just happened suddenly when I "reset this pc". The laptop is a HP EliteBook 840 G7 Notebook....
  6. Volume + brightness keys aren't working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume + brightness keys aren't working: Yesterday, I found that my volume and brightness keys no longer work. One of the brightness keys changes my window to full screen and the other pulls up the inspect tab. My mute button takes me to a google chrome help screen, my increase volume button opens a search bar of...
  7. key's aren't working

key's aren't working: on my windows 10 I can't type these key's with shift: s d but I can type them perfectly fine without shift can you please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keys-arent-working/b14eea3f-f7f8-4655-b4be-338c6617e34a
  8. Brightness Buttons Aren't Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness Buttons Aren't Working: When I press the brightness adjusting buttons on my Inspiron 14 5000, the buttons don't adjust the brightness and I have to manually go the slider. This is a new laptop and the buttons were working perfectly fine a few days ago and I don't know what the problem is or what...
  9. Why aren't my media keys working for Spotify?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why aren't my media keys working for Spotify?: Hi guys. First time posting a question, so please be gentle! My problem is my media keys for Spotify which were working this morning aren't any more. It's a really useful feature for gaming, being able to pause/skip tracks etc, means I can game without proprietary...
  10. Why aren't my media keys working for Spotify?

Why aren't my media keys working for Spotify?: Hi guys. First time posting a question, so please be gentle! My problem is my media keys for Spotify which were working this morning aren't any more. It's a really useful feature for gaming, being able to pause/skip tracks etc, means I can game without proprietary...