Windows 10: Why aren't my DVD drives in the File Explorer's Navigation Pane?

Discus and support Why aren't my DVD drives in the File Explorer's Navigation Pane? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; They do indeed work, but they're not in the nav pane: [ATTACH] If they are in Device Manager, though they have the same letter as my media card... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LAPIII, Jan 10, 2019.

1. LAPIII Win User

Why aren't my DVD drives in the File Explorer's Navigation Pane?

They do indeed work, but they're not in the nav pane:

Why aren't my DVD drives in the File Explorer's Navigation Pane? f4ec919c-6a02-4b3e-befc-e4ff09e40b7b?upload=true.png

If they are in Device Manager, though they have the same letter as my media card reader for some reason (I want to know how to change that to):

Why aren't my DVD drives in the File Explorer's Navigation Pane? b04eedfd-8afa-4559-b14a-3b5f1af69520?upload=true.png

:)

LAPIII, Jan 10, 2019
  2. Retro54 Win User

Drive listing on navigation pane

Since updating to version 1511, I've noticed that the navigation pane in file explorer no longer lists my drives in order of the drive letters. They are now listed based on the nickname of the drive which after all these years makes it very confusing. I
    now have to be scrolling the list to make sure I'm opening the correct drive. ANNOYING.

Is there a simple way to force the navigation pane to list them in order of drive letters?

Retro54, Jan 10, 2019
  3. Show fixed drives in navigation pane

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, I will be glad to assist you with this.

In order for the drives to appear in the navigation pane, I would suggest you to pin the drives in quick access. This way, every time you open file explorer, you will be able to easily access and see the drives on the navigation pane. To do so, follow the
    steps below:

1. Press Windows key + E to open file explorer.

2. Click This PC on the left pane.

3. Left click on a drive and drag it under the quick access pane and release the mouse once you see the "pin to quick access" popup

4. Repeat the steps for the remaining drives.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Wungraileng Vashi, Jan 10, 2019
  4. Why aren't my DVD drives in the File Explorer's Navigation Pane?

Not able to open sub-folders from navigation pane in File explorer.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Under which drive are you not able to view the sub folders?
    • Are you not able to expand the options from navigation pane of the File explorer?

This seems to be a temporary issue. Sometimes disabling and enabling some of the options will fix the issue.

Follow the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Open File explorer by pressing Windows key + E keys on the keyboard.
    • Click on View tab located at the top of the window.
    • Click on Navigation pane and uncheck Navigation pane option.
    • Close the window, follow the above steps from a to
      c
      , only this time check the option Navigation pane and check if the changes are effective.

Write back to us for further assistance, we will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

Why aren't my DVD drives in the File Explorer's Navigation Pane?

1. Why aren't my DVD drives in the File Explorer's Navigation Pane? - Similar Threads - Why aren't DVD

2. The File Explorer NAVIGATION PANE is a PAIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The File Explorer NAVIGATION PANE is a PAIN: Sorry, just throwing this out there as a COMMENT - please feel free to pile on.It's a RANT that may not see the light of day, but a common complaint.When is MS going to fix the File Explorer Navigation Pane so that it is reasonably easy to use.Right now, it is not and I have...
  3. The File Explorer NAVIGATION PANE is a PAIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The File Explorer NAVIGATION PANE is a PAIN: Sorry, just throwing this out there as a COMMENT - please feel free to pile on.It's a RANT that may not see the light of day, but a common complaint.When is MS going to fix the File Explorer Navigation Pane so that it is reasonably easy to use.Right now, it is not and I have...
  4. Dynamic Navigation Pane File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dynamic Navigation Pane File Explorer: Hey guys, I hope everyone is doing well! Quick question, does anyone know how to or rather if there even is a way, to be able to set the navigation pane in File Explorer to dynamically minimize and maximise on mouse hover? I have pined the option to show and hide navigation...
  5. WIndows 10, File Explorer, Navigation Pane.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIndows 10, File Explorer, Navigation Pane.: I'm baffled by WIndows 10, File Explorer, Navigation Pane. This morning I had a "Picture" folder - appearing under "This PC" and "Local Disk C" - located in C/User/Bill. I then set my picture folder to backup to OneDrive. Suddenly my "Picture" folder has been put in a...
  6. extra drives in navigation pane of explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    extra drives in navigation pane of explorer: yes , I use "Remove_Drives_from_Navigation_Pane.reg" after every major update puts them back. But I haven't found a good purpose in Microsoft having 2 copies of usb drives there, or putting back with the update. *Sleepy*Biggrin 133192
  7. File Explorer Navigation Pane shows hard drives twice

File Explorer Navigation Pane shows hard drives twice: I have a new computer with Windows 10. in File Explorer the hard drives and the DVD drives appear twice. Once under "This PC" and then again at the same level as "This PC" following "Libraries". I don't recall this happening on my old computer which had Windows 10 also. Is...
  8. Expand File Explorer Navigation Pane

Expand File Explorer Navigation Pane: Now and then I want to view the full folder tree in Navigation Pane of File Explorer. There are some options to keep the folder tree open, but most of the time they are a pain in the butt. When I do want the tree visible, I have to go to the root disk and open each parent...
  9. Ions changed in Navigation pane but not in File explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ions changed in Navigation pane but not in File explorer: Ok so weird... YES I'M GONNA REBOOT but check this out... look at the icons if you look at my pc through the Homegroup....weird. Attachment 128650 hi there i have this problem too i run Windows 10 1709 Fall update.the icons change in Navigation pane but not in File...
  10. Drives missing from File Explorer's Navigation Pane

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drives missing from File Explorer's Navigation Pane: Hello, As shown below there are 2 drives missing from the Navigation Pane (vertical bar on the left of the File Explorer). How do I show them up there? Thanks in advance. [img] 31049