Windows 10: Why aren't my media keys working for Spotify?

Discus and support Why aren't my media keys working for Spotify? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi guys. First time posting a question, so please be gentle! My problem is my media keys for Spotify which were working this morning aren't any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mothical_wonder, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Why aren't my media keys working for Spotify?

Hi guys.

First time posting a question, so please be gentle!

My problem is my media keys for Spotify which were working this morning aren't any more.

It's a really useful feature for gaming, being able to pause/skip tracks etc, means I can game without proprietary soundtracks.

I'm using Microsoft's "design" bluetooth keyboard.

I've rebooted to no avail and have checked similar questions on here with no luck.

I'd like to think i'm pretty tech literate compared to the average, so please send me any suggestions for a fix.

Thanks.

***Moved From: Windows 10/Devices & drivers***

:)

Mothical_wonder, Nov 25, 2018

2. Media Keys Not working...

I have a windows 10 computer, and recently my media keys stopped affecting Spotify... I don't know what it is...

When my computer is locked I can use them... when it isn't I can only use my Bluetooth connected devices to play and pause it...

I have tried uninstalling programs that I recently installed, but that didn't work...

Any suggestions?

JacobHornbeck, Nov 25, 2018
  3. diego Win User
    Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

Why aren't my media keys working for Spotify? [​IMG]

The native apps from the system are all showing this strange square instead of the normal icons. Please help resolve this problem. Thanks

diego, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Why aren't my media keys working for Spotify?

Spotify

I have just discovered two Spotify entries in the StartUp list in Task Manager.
    However there is no trace of Spotify elsewhere in the system.
    I went through the registry and deleted every reference to Spotify that could find, although some refused to be deleted.
    That made no difference.
    The store shows that Spotify is installed. Which is strange.
    However I found an entry in the Apps list in Start Menu, clicked uninstall and that cleared the problem.

Hairy Scot, Nov 25, 2018
Thema:

Why aren't my media keys working for Spotify?

1. Why aren't my media keys working for Spotify? - Similar Threads - Why aren't media

2. Why aren't my brightness keys working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why aren't my brightness keys working?: Every other key works and even the F keys assigned to them F3 & F4 work by themselves. It's just the brightness function doesn't work.I don't know why it just happened suddenly when I "reset this pc". The laptop is a HP EliteBook 840 G7 Notebook....
  3. Why aren't my brightness keys working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why aren't my brightness keys working?: Every other key works and even the F keys assigned to them F3 & F4 work by themselves. It's just the brightness function doesn't work.I don't know why it just happened suddenly when I "reset this pc". The laptop is a HP EliteBook 840 G7 Notebook....
  4. My laptop keys aren't working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop keys aren't working.: A few weeks ago most of my laptop keys stopped working and I've needed to go into tablet mode to type every single time since then.I've tried multiple methods to try and fix my laptop keyboard, such as restarting my device, updating my keyboard's driver, deleting and...
  5. Dismiss Spotify windows media key?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dismiss Spotify windows media key?: Most people look to disable the media pop up all together but I don't mind it... as long as I can dismiss it. Now the way I dismiss it with all my other apps, and the way It's worked with Spotify in the past you just click on a blank area of the pop up and it goes away...
  6. key's aren't working

key's aren't working: on my windows 10 I can't type these key's with shift: s d but I can type them perfectly fine without shift can you please help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keys-arent-working/b14eea3f-f7f8-4655-b4be-338c6617e34a
  7. All my standard apps and spotify aren't working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All my standard apps and spotify aren't working: When I try to open any standard apps, nothing happens. This includes opening the microsoft store. If I try to open spotify, it tells me I don't have permission to access this item. This problem started when my Spotify wouldn't open. I couldn't get the app to open, and...
  8. My Function Keys Aren't Working

My Function Keys Aren't Working: So recently I noticed that a bunch of my drivers were out of date so I went and got a program that scanned and updated my drivers for me, called Driver Booster 6, but shortly after doing so my function keys stopped working. On my laptop there is a function key to turn your...
  9. Media Keys in Spotify

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Media Keys in Spotify: Media keys for Spotify have just stopped working. It is a really useful feature for gamers, you know. I use Microsoft bluetooth keyboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-keys-in-spotify/d737d76d-36ca-453e-8102-658ec83f064d
  10. Why aren't my media keys working for Spotify?

Why aren't my media keys working for Spotify?: Hi guys. First time posting a question, so please be gentle! My problem is my media keys for Spotify which were working this morning aren't any more. It's a really useful feature for gaming, being able to pause/skip tracks etc, means I can game without proprietary...