Windows 10: Why aren't my video thumbnails showing in file explorer?

Discus and support Why aren't my video thumbnails showing in file explorer? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] no links to websites please. no one wants to read it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Keigo Yoshiura, Jul 3, 2019.

1. Why aren't my video thumbnails showing in file explorer?

Why aren't my video thumbnails showing in file explorer? 619211b7-d355-49ca-8e60-08567e610d73?upload=true.png

no links to websites please.

no one wants to read it.

:)

Keigo Yoshiura, Jul 3, 2019
  2. Berton Win User

Video Files Not Showing Thumbnails in File Explorer

I didn't have much of thumbnails for videos until I installed VLC/Video LAN player. Win10 doesn't come with much for videos.

Why aren't my video thumbnails showing in file explorer? [​IMG]

Berton, Jul 3, 2019
  3. mcg67 Win User
    Windows 10 File Explorer not showing video files in thumbnail format

I've seen this question asked several times before within the community, as of yet I've not seen a solution to my problem.

Until several days ago I wasn't having this problem, File Explorer was working correctly and all my video files were being shown in thumbnail format. Over the last couple of days I have spent hours searching for a solution and trying everything from unchecking
    & checking the option labelled "Always show icons, never thumbnails", to using the Disk Clean-up option.

As a note, File Explorer doesn't have this problem showing my photos in thumbnails. Several of the sites I visited suggested the installing of a third-part thumbnail generator such as a program called Icaros. However this is not a option I wish to use.

mcg67, Jul 3, 2019
  4. riqrat Win User

Why aren't my video thumbnails showing in file explorer?

Video Files Not Showing Thumbnails in File Explorer

I had thumbnails before my last Windows update. After weeding out several issues, this seems to be the last one I need to deal with.

I already had VLC installed, but went ahead and reinstalled it.

Same issue though. Just an icon. In this case the VLC icon.

Why aren't my video thumbnails showing in file explorer? [​IMG]

riqrat, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

Why aren't my video thumbnails showing in file explorer?

1. Why aren't my video thumbnails showing in file explorer? - Similar Threads - Why aren't video

2. File explorer thumbnails not showing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer thumbnails not showing.: Recently file explorer stopped showing the thumbnails and showed a white file in its place. I tried going into view and changing the settings but it was all normal. [ATTACH]...
  3. File explorer thumbnails show no preview for videos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer thumbnails show no preview for videos: Hi all, I just built a pc and installed Windows 10. I have been working on Macs for years now so there is a bit of a learning curve. I usually do video editing but have run into a problem. Typically when I go to finder, Mac's version of file explorer, I see a thumbnail with a...
  4. Thumbnails not showing in file explorer

Thumbnails not showing in file explorer: I don't know if this is still happening to anyone else but recently all the thumbnails/icons for my files are not showing up. It happened either late last night or earlier today out of the blue and nothing is working to fix it. Does anyone know any methods to fix the issue?...
  5. Why the video thumbnails are not showing ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why the video thumbnails are not showing ?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/srrahman [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/glhazv/why_the_video_thumbnails_are_not_showing/
  6. File Explorer is not showing thumbnails

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File Explorer is not showing thumbnails: My Canon camera has the updated firmware. When I downloaded to the PC and opened the File Explorer, I saw just icons rather than thumbnails. It is Canon RP file extension cr3. Other file extensions show thumbnails. How to solve this problem??...
  7. File Explorer not showing thumbnails

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer not showing thumbnails: My file explorer is not displaying thumbnails ( as it was earlier) instead it is showing default program icon ( windows photo viewer, set as default for all pictures) for all picture files like jpgs, bmps. When I browse folders containing pictures. at first it displays...
  8. Thumbnail Previews on File Explorer aren't showing

Thumbnail Previews on File Explorer aren't showing: I've tried everything for fixing this. Clearing the cache of the thumbnails, unchecking the always show icons not thumbnails, and a lot of the things online. I still can't find a solution. One thing I might think it might be is that the thumbnails arent loading which I...
  9. Why aren't my video thumbnails showing in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why aren't my video thumbnails showing in file explorer?: [ATTACH] no links to websites please. no one wants to read it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-arent-my-video-thumbnails-showing-in-file/4bbdcc10-ece9-4000-984c-7fcb906d33ed
  10. Video Files Not Showing Thumbnails in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Video Files Not Showing Thumbnails in File Explorer: I've ran Disk Cleaner to delete the thumbnails. I've deleted the thumbnail caches via command prompt (Admin). I've gone through View/Options/View and made sure "Always show icons, never thumbnails" was not checked. And still, I cannot get thumbnails for my .mp4...